Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I couldn't view the images either but no worries, I gotchu. This one works for me.
    Thanks !

I'm sad to see Silencer go, but we'll see her again in Event Leviathan, so I wonder how her series will end.

Damn it. What a great ending for The Silencer. Like most of the NAoH, it feels more like a door waiting to be open more than a definitive plunge into limbo. I hope she'll become a recurring character in some bigger franchise (Bendis' Action Comics would be great).

Silencer had a great ending. Sad that’s it’s done but if this was Honor’s last appearance I think I’d still be content. I believe she’s still going to show up in Event Leviathan though. Terrifics is still really good too, Yang said he wanted to create an Information Age Galactus to contrast the Space Age fears that Lee and Kirby explored. He’s doing good work.

Extraordinary Member

Something I didn't notice before, so the panel confused me, but did Silencer's blonde 'friend' never talk in any previous appearances and was that ever made explicit?

Sad to see the title go. Hopefully after Leviathan Event is over there will be room for a Silencer book to work in the aftermath.

As for Terrifics. While this plotline kind of feels like it is just flapping in the wind, I am enjoying all the crazy stuff going on so I don't mind too much. While the antagonist doesn't excite me all that much the book does have a Claremont/Davis Excalibur feel to it which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Something I didn't notice before, so the panel confused me, but did Silencer's blonde 'friend' never talk in any previous appearances and was that ever made explicit?

Sad to see the title go. Hopefully after Leviathan Event is over there will be room for a Silencer book to work in the aftermath.
    I don't remember right now if Detail ever talked near Aftermarket. I think he did shout something at Smoke however.

And I don't have much hope that Honor will get a book after Event Leviathan. Hopefully, her appearance there will be good and she'll become a recurring character somewhere else. Which would be the best outcome for a newly created character from the NAoH, sadly.

But perhaps that Tempus will bring Sideways with him in Flash Forward !

Concerning the Terrifics, I really like the dynamic of the team growing up, and Noosphere and Biosphere, while not that impressive, are funny in their own ways, which is great. This book need to remains trippy !

It's not much, but Damage, Sideways, the Terrifics and Tom Strong appears in the new promo image for Batman/Superman :

Astonishing Member

Surprise to see them, even if the circumstances aren't the most pleasant.

I suspect that Sideways will be one of the six, considering that I saw a rumor about them not being "evil" per se but doing whatever they need to achieve their goals, and that he has the most direct link to the Dark Multiverse of all the heroes out there in this panel. But don't we know three of them : Billy batson, Donna Troy, Perry White ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I suspect that Sideways will be one of the six, considering that I saw a rumor about them not being "evil" per se but doing whatever they need to achieve their goals, and that he has the most direct link to the Dark Multiverse of all the heroes out there in this panel. But don't we know three of them : Billy batson, Donna Troy, Perry White ?
    Makes you wonder what causes him (them?) to be so driven? Perhaps it'll have something to do with his mother.

A little bit about Honor in the latest interview of Bendis. It's under spoiler for those who don't want to learn more about Event Leviathan just yet.

spoilers:

Nrama: This issue also features the Silencer. This is Honor Guest, right?

Bendis: Yep, that’s Silencer.

Nrama: And you’ve probably been hearing from people online saying that you should have Silencer in this story - that you’re ignoring her.

Bendis: Mostly, people were annoying me about Ralph. So I’m happy that I get to show that we have that under control.

I’m very excited, because I think Silencer is - it is something people have asked for, but what they said was, “Well, there’s no way in hell Silencer is going to be in this, is there?” That’s how they ask, right?

Nrama: Yeah.

Bendis: So I’ve been in situations like this before. I’m so happy for people to see her, and to see where she is, and to help - you know, when I walked in at DC, “New Age of DCHeroes” was up and running. And so I was, like, really intensely reading those books. And I’m working with most of those artists on something. So I was studying them, and quite a few of them are quite excellent and didn’t get a fair shake.

I think Silencer, being at the top of that pile, is a character that should move on and be a very important player, if other writers want to make that happen.

So this is definitely my statement, in that she’s a very excellent new character that deserves a lot more attention, and we’re going to give it to her.

Nrama: Well, it makes sense because she she’s so connected to Leviathan.

Bendis: Yes, 100%. And for people who’ve been reading the Silencer book, it would seem false for her not to be somewhere in this. It would make no sense.

Nrama: Honor’s talking to someone in this issue. Is she talking to Talia Al Ghul?

Bendis: That’s a very, very good choice. We will find out this series, but that is a very good choice. Very good suspect.

Nrama: Well, Honor was looking for Bruce Wayne, so…

Bendis: Yeah.
    end of spoilers

Edit : As a side-note; Maalev draws a stunning Honor Guest.
    Last edited by Korath; 09-12-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Nice to see someone from this line getting used in a positive or neutral fashion.

Extraordinary Member

While it was a surprise, I can't say it felt like the character in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While it was a surprise, I can't say it felt like the character in any way.
    I don't know. It felt like her to me, only not in a really stressing situation. Honor as a bit of a snarky streak, but it's usually just in her head. If she's working for/with Quietus here, or perhaps Blake, somehow, I could see her being like that. I think it's Quietus however, she doesn't strike me as willing to work with either Talia (old Leviathan) nor the new Leviathan. I hope we'll learn who she is in league with, however.

Extraordinary Member

Well the dialogue is just typical Bendis and is not any more this character than it is any other character Bendis writes, maybe it just fits this character for once, but not to me.

No, my issue more is nothing about the appearance seems to indicate anything about this character, and unless there is some twist, I don't see how this character is working for anyone and I definitely don't see why this character is there for what the mission goal is that Bendis is leading us to think it is.

I think I could see her working with the New Leviathan or a third party, if it involves protecting her husband and son. There is no way that learning about the events unfolding around Talia's old organization wouldn't draw her attention, especially when the name become public knowledge. Too risky, after all, Raze and Smoke could be resurrected by Leviathan, and that alone would force her to get back in the game.