Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Sensational She-Hulk #3 Jul 1989
    "My Guest-Star,...My Enemy!"
    Spider-Man is following the buzzing of his spider-sense, which leads him to an unused factory.
    Spidey wonders what could possibly be so dangerous here, and then he spots Mysterio leaving the factory.
    Mysterio gets into a car and drives away.
    Spider-Man shoots a web-line onto the car, and follows along!

Inside the Headmen's lab, Nagan compliments Dr. Morgan on his excellent work.
    Morgan taps a few keys on his control panel and She-Hulk's headless body gets up off the operating table and begins walking around!
    Ruby asks about testing her strength. Morgan says that based on the other tests that he figures She-Hulk's strength is undiminished.
    Nagan says that it is now time for him to add the crowning achievement!

The story takes a break for a page, while the She-Hulk's disembodied head tells a joke.
    "Woman calls up her husband. Says 'Honey, I just had my face lifted!' He says 'No! Who'd steal a thing like that!'"
    Someone off-panel throws a pie in She-Hulk's face, and then we return to the story, after a significant time-lapse.

Spider-Man has captured Mysterio after what was apparently a very difficult battle! The street is torn up, and it looks like a war zone.
    Spider-Man asks Mysterio why he was fighting so hard to protect a briefcase full of play money.
    Mysterio is shocked, and Spider-Man assumes that also means that Mysterio wasn't aware
    of the little gadget hidden inside the briefcase, which sent out the signal that drew him there.
    Mysterio is furious to realize that the Headmen set him up!
    He tells Spider-Man that it was the Headmen who hired him, and that they had him kidnap She-Hulk for them.

As Spider-Man returns to the factory, he reviews what he knows about the Headmen.
    Arthur Nagan's research on apes for inter-species transplants backfired when they stitched his head onto a gorilla body.
    Jerome Morgan's experiments accidentally shrunk his skeleton, but not his skin.
    Ruby Thursday's head was replaced with a globe that projects a weird plastic material.
    The final member of the group was a busted psychic named Chondu.

In the lab, Chondu is out of his cage, and flying around the room in a frenzy.
    Morgan had tried to sedate him, but Chondu was too agitated for the normal dose to work.
    Ruby tries to restrain Chondu with several ropes from her globe, but he is too wild!
    He pulls her right off the floor, but Spider-Man swings in and catches her. He then pins Chondu to the ceiling with a web.
    Spider-Man turns to Ruby and asks if she isn't supposed to be dead.
    Ruby says that she was, but she got better, and then she lashes out at him with a giant hammer!
    Spidey manages to dodge at the last moment, thanks to his spider-sense!
    Ruby then fires off a barrage of darts, but he evades them!
    Nagan attacks next, but he is no match for Spider-Man's strength.
    Morgan opens a panel in the wall, showing Spider-Man She-Hulk's head!
    He then activates the remote, and sends She-Hulk's headless body against Spider-Man!
    Morgan warns Spider-Man that if he harms She-Hulk's body, her head will die!

As Spider-Man dodges blows from the headless She-Hulk, Jennifer wakes up

and is horrified to see her headless body!

Nagan orders everyone to attack Spider-Man at once, to overwhelm his danger sense!
    Spidey manages to dodge the three Headmen, but She-Hulk grabs a hold of his leg, and bashes him against the wall!
    Nagan says that this is excellent. He says that now they have a choice of bodies for the transplant!

Meanwhile, at the Municipal Building, Weezi rushes to give D.A. Towers the A.P.B.s on Stilt-Man's prison break.
    Towers wonders why Weezi is showing him these again, since she showed them to him two hours ago, but Weezi says
    that the readers weren't there then, and that it is important set-up for next issue that they know that Stilt-Man is after him.

Back at the lab, Nagan has completed the transplant of Chondu's head.
    Chondu awakes, and when he rips off the surgical gown, he is horrified to see that Nagan has given him She-Hulk's female body!
    Nagan explains that Spider-Man's unique biochemistry made it impossible to use his body.
    However, he tries to convince Chondu that it doesn't matter, since it is the mind that matters, not the body.
    Chondu isn't buying it, and starts tossing Nagan around the room in a fit of rage!
    He lifts Spider-Man's body off the examination table, and tells Nagan to find a way to give him Spider-Man's body if he wants to live!
    At that moment, Spider-Man wakes up, and punches Chondu in the face! Chondu's head goes flying off, much to Spidey and Jennifer's disgust.
    However, when Spider-Man examines the body, he realizes that Chondu's head wasn't fully attached to the body--it was wired into the control collar at the neck.
    He also figures out that this isn't really She-Hulk's body--it is a clone. Jen is trapped in a neural neutralizer harness that prevents her from feeling her body.

Soon after, She-Hulk has freed herself from the harness, and she and Spider-Man are pursuing the Headmen, who are trying to escape in some high-tech tank.
    Jen tells Spidey to drop her down in front of them. Spider-Man is worried about that plan,

since he is afraid Jen will get hurt, but he does as she asks. The tank runs right into her

--but She-Hulk rips it apart with her bare hands!

While Spider-Man takes out Morgan and Ruby, She-Hulk catches Nagan, who is trying to leap away.
    She knocks him out, and Spider-Man wraps up the others in a web.

Once the police have taken the Headmen away, She-Hulk asks how Spider-Man realized that the body was a clone.
    He tells her he found a tiny little vestigial head inside the control collar.
    Jen realizes that the Headmen probably couldn't find a saw blade that would do more to her than scrape off a couple of skin cells.
    As the two heroes walk away, Jen quips that at least Chondu has found a way to stay "ahead" in the world.

Script and pencils by John Byrne, inks by Bob Wiacek

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So what are the chances this female lead will be She-Hulk? She is mentioned but CBR notes the issues in the rights to bring her to the screen. My impression is that since Universal holds the distribution rights to Hulk-related characters a She-Hulk lead movie or TV series by ABC needs Universal's approval first.

ABC in ‘Active Talks’ to Bring New, Female-Led Marvel Series to Air
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So what are the chances this female lead will be She-Hulk? She is mentioned but CBR notes the issues in the rights to bring her to the screen. My impression is that since Universal holds the distribution rights to Hulk-related characters a She-Hulk lead movie or TV series by ABC needs Universal's approval first.

ABC in ‘Active Talks’ to Bring New, Female-Led Marvel Series to Air
    Would love, LOVE She-Hulk tv series. However, it might be... unfeasible to pull it off. Not only the Universal angle, but the effects. Having a constant Jen in She-Hulk form would be costly. Even then, having her change on occasion, it still might cost a bit.

Having a constant Jen in She-Hulk form would be costly.

How is a woman in paint costly? If they can do a hulk series in the 70s they can do a she-hulk series in 2019.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    How is a woman in paint costly? If they can do a hulk series in the 70s they can do a she-hulk series in 2019.
    It'd probably be CG. CG's expensive.
    "Cable was right!"

Why would she be cg? If wolverine can not be a short guy in the movies then she-hulk can be wonder woman sized. CG needs to be for the bad guys with powers and she-hulk throwing things. You don't need a cg she-hulk.

All-New Member

She-Hulk is supposed to be seven feet tall and something like 600 pounds in her hulked form.
    An actress in body paint just won't do. She'll basically just be Gamora with green hair.

It would also be hard to find a female bodybuilder or crossfitter (who can act) to paint green. Sure it worked in the 70's, but not now.

Wolverine is supposed to be a really short hairy guy. Thor is supposed to speak old broken English. Ninja turtles wear all red and kill people and dark and gritty stories. They change things for movies and shows all the time. Why can't she-hulk be wonder woman sized? They won't change anything about how she acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Wolverine is supposed to be a really short hairy guy. Thor is supposed to speak old broken English. Ninja turtles wear all red and kill people and dark and gritty stories. They change things for movies and shows all the time. Why can't she-hulk be wonder woman sized? They won't change anything about how she acts.
    The contrast with her human self would probably not be as dramatic as it needs to be.

It's why I felt it was more believable they were doing a Disney+ She-Hulk show since those get movie budgets you would need to do a proper She-Hulk.

The average american woman is 5' 4", Gal Gadot is 5' 10" she just looks short in comparison to Jason Mamoa, Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, who are all over 6'.

I don't think finding a 6'2"ish actress would be too hard, and they could use camera tricks or even size-changing effects (akin to Steve Rogers in First Avenger) if it fits within their television budget.

That said, I don't think it'll be Shulkie. Marvel doesn't really seem interested in doing anything with her outside of the comics.

I wonder, for her human form, would they possibly 'shrink' the actress ala Evans at the beginning of Captain America? Or just do it with an actress who turns into CG?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder, for her human form, would they possibly 'shrink' the actress ala Evans at the beginning of Captain America? Or just do it with an actress who turns into CG?
    Get Jennifer in the next Spider-Man film as his classmate. Free publicity. Seriously, if Jennifer was in the pages of Spider-Man's world, her human form would be better flushed out. So much potential. So little creativity outside the box.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Get Jennifer in the next Spider-Man film as his classmate. Free publicity. Seriously, if Jennifer was in the pages of Spider-Man's world, her human form would be better flushed out. So much potential. So little creativity outside the box.

I don't know, I'd rather have her as a full on lawyer instead of a student, because then you'd end up obligated to her climbing her law school stuff alongside peter going to college and that would put off her she-hulk form for maybe a decade since she'd have to become an accomplished lawyer first?

If you want her in the spider-man movie for publicity, it's better to have her represent spider-man as his legal counsel since spoilers:
    his identity got revealed which can open the guy up to legal troubles
    end of spoilers