Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Gabi Garcia should be She-Hulk's Lou Feerrigno form, paint her green it will be great

Attached Images Attached Images
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    I feel like Aaron's She-Hulk wouldn't be so bad if he didn't write her as dumb Hulk with intelligent speech bubbles. Her physique still seems a bit much to me.

And stop calling her "Hulk" .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Aaron's She-Hulk wouldn't be so bad if he didn't write her as dumb Hulk with intelligent speech bubbles. Her physique still seems a bit much to me.

And stop calling her "Hulk" .
    Ooof, yeah that's really bad. But seeing Jen getting beat up by a headless Cosmic Ghost Rider is kinda funny, lol.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I can live with the amped Hulk physique. As for the speech bubbles… it seems she's still in the condition that there's a disconnect between what she thinks and what she says. I do think there is a real-world analogue to this that Aaron inadvertently ran away with.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Jason Aaron is one of the best writer of Marvel, and I have the feeling that the only thing that is holding him back to change She-Hulk to her old characterization is his ego.
    He knows that this version of She-Hulk is not well-received, but he will rectify her slowly, to not give satisfaction to trolls and haters.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Jason Aaron is one of the best writer of Marvel, and I have the feeling that the only thing that is holding him back to change She-Hulk to her old characterization is his ego.
    He knows that this version of She-Hulk is not well-received, but he will rectify her slowly, to not give satisfaction to trolls and haters.
    I am not huge fan of a lot Aaron work at marvel. To say he is one of the best writers at marvel? Yeah this avengers run and way he written she-hulk says otherwise. Mountain of of other reasons I won't go into.
    Maybe should listen to negative feedback readers telling you. If 99% (give or take) of comic fans telling you the way jen been written maybe should rethink it. Marvel doesn't seem to care what readers think a lot these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I can live with the amped Hulk physique. As for the speech bubbles… it seems she's still in the condition that there's a disconnect between what she thinks and what she says. I do think there is a real-world analogue to this that Aaron inadvertently ran away with.
    What bothers me about it is that I feel like there are better and more reasonable alternatives to it. If we don't have to have slim Jen then there are better compromises and very few artists can make it work visually, in my opinion, without going overboard.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I've loved his tenure during Thor. What he got right about Jane Thor is missing with She Hulk. The essentials are the same; female gets amped and takes the "male" role both in name and powerset and speech patterns. Resentment both in comic world/real world over replacement. Female hero is vindicated by showing her ability to handle new powerset, possibly "better than" male counterpart. The difference is that while Jane Thor's speech patterns (and typeset) change when she's Thor it's still Jane Foster. "Hulk" is in fact a separate persona sometimes at odds with Jennifer. It might have been funny if Jennifer was shown to be in full control of herself, but "Hulkspeak" was in fact a natural language she spoke when transformed. By making Jen a co-pilot he undermines her agency in her actions and relationships (Does Jennifer really love Thor?) Imagine if as Thor, Jane Foster was simply along for the ride as thought bubbles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I am not huge fan of a lot Aaron work at marvel. To say he is one of the best writers at marvel? Yeah this avengers run and way he written she-hulk says otherwise. Mountain of of other reasons I won't go into.
    Maybe should listen to negative feedback readers telling you. If 99% (give or take) of comic fans telling you the way jen been written maybe should rethink it. Marvel doesn't seem to care what readers think a lot these days.
    I'm a fan of She-Hulk and I think that he totally misunderstand her characterization. But you can be a very good writer and at the same time don't understand one of the thousand characters of Marvel.
    Last edited by lordozone; 09-19-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Incredible Member

What bothers me about it is that I feel like there are better and more reasonable alternatives to it. If we don't have to have slim Jen then there are better compromises and very few artists can make it work visually, in my opinion, without going overboard.
    That's the Catch 22 of drawing muscles. IRL muscles are concealed by flesh and don't look diamond hard. That's why MCU Hulk looks like he has a Dad Bod instead of rock hard in the comics. Even roided out female bodybuilders can look more feminine with off season flesh. Drawing sizable muscles on She Hulk will always make her look hard. The best compromise in terms of muscle/feminine was Frank Cho's rendition. But I doubt if a lot of artists could follow that look either. There's no formal, "How To Draw Muscle Women The Marvel Way" so many are probably using male photo refs for body type. Under the circumstances I'd rather have "too much" than none at all.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Honestly this reads pretty bad. It just feels so stilted and a lot of tell instead of show. It just doesn't feel right on any level due to its awkwardness.

Also, She Hulk still does not feel unique and is yet to be shown to be all that strong in comparison to Hulk. I don't get it.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 09-19-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    That's the Catch 22 of drawing muscles. IRL muscles are concealed by flesh and don't look diamond hard. That's why MCU Hulk looks like he has a Dad Bod instead of rock hard in the comics. Even roided out female bodybuilders can look more feminine with off season flesh. Drawing sizable muscles on She Hulk will always make her look hard. The best compromise in terms of muscle/feminine was Frank Cho's rendition. But I doubt if a lot of artists could follow that look either. There's no formal, "How To Draw Muscle Women The Marvel Way" so many are probably using male photo refs for body type. Under the circumstances I'd rather have "too much" than none at all.
    Again, stuff like how she was depicted during A-Force or Cho's She-Hulk seem like a better compromise then what we have now. Especially when around A-Force more artists were depicting her along the line before Civil War II happened.

I'd rather a look that fits the character and her appeal then one that's just "too much."

Well, Bobillo's style is cartoony, so when he drew She-Hulk after working out as Jen her upper arms were really thick. But that's his style.

Then we got Pelletier when Jen was still jacked-up during the fight with Titania.

Again, massive arms (and legs) but she retained her femininity as Pelletier did not draw her squared-jawed.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.