Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 709
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,404

    Default Jennifer Walters: The She-Hulk Appreciation 2019

    Jennifer Walters always thought that being a lawyer was in her blood… until a gamma-irradiated blood transfusion gave her the ability to change into the world's sexiest, sassiest, and strongest superheroine: THE SHE-HULK!



    ——————————————————————————————

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Spidey and Jen don't seem like the right type for each other. I can't imagine they'd be more than a one night stand. And if it did happen Spidey would need her to stay in human form.

    There are dozens of other heroes that would have more synergy with She-Hulk.
    I feel that Peter and Jennifer are right for each other if we look at their respective personas. Both are brilliant at what they do. Both have a direct ties to Bruce Banner, The Avengers, and Fantastic Four. Also, their minds do complement the other. There is so much untapped potential with the amount of stories produced that would keep the readers interested. And it has nothing to do with a one night stand, which would get old really fast.

    To me, if Jennifer got to know Peter, they would become fast friends because their life experiences are very similar to each other than anyone else. I just never understand why they have not worked together on The Fantastic Four or The Avengers since both are reserved team members...
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 01-02-2019 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added much-needed opening spiel

  2. #2
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,558

    Default

    At least jazz the first post up a bit, Darthfury78.

    What are we She-Hulk fans hoping for in 2019?

    I just want classic Jen back. I want her to be fun, confident, sassy, independent, and not a literal female Hulk.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member Nazrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    At least jazz the first post up a bit, Darthfury78.

    What are we She-Hulk fans hoping for in 2019?

    I just want classic Jen back. I want her to be fun, confident, sassy, independent, and not a literal female Hulk.
    You have to wonder what go's through the heads of those idiots at Marvel.

    "Hey I got an idear, lets take a derivative character that has established a unique identity outside of the shadow of the original, strip them of that, and reductively turn them into the (Character) - but tits, an idea that already caused them to be scoffingly dismissed by people who knew nothing about them!"

    ... ... ...
    Oh god, I can used this for other characters too.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-02-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    Context is king.

    X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    At least jazz the first post up a bit, Darthfury78.

    What are we She-Hulk fans hoping for in 2019?

    I just want classic Jen back. I want her to be fun, confident, sassy, independent, and not a literal female Hulk.
    This is all that I want. Jen's personality was great and made it really fun whenever she appeared in books. Her being just like Bruce's Hulk makes her one-note. For years writers have been showing that she isn't a derivative of Bruce, but now we have this.... Hope it ends soon.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  5. #5
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    At least jazz the first post up a bit, Darthfury78.
    Allow me. Per Conn's directive, let's all put some effort into the opening post of an appreciation thread, shall we? I will periodically go back to the post and add some graphics, plus an index of all She-Hulk series.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Valamist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Home of Excalibur
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Oh, new place! I would recommend putting this song in the opening post, because, its kinda epic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjK14fTvV8M

    Anyway, some random She-Hulk info. I ask Tom Brevroot on Twitter if Jen would be going back to the She-Hulk moniker any time soon and... the answer is no. Which sucks.

    This may not end up as anything big for She-Hulk in the game, but the Twitter for the mobile game Marvel: Future Fight just posted this picture. Its most likely hinting that the F4 are finally entering the game, but its a nice sign that they used Jen for the tease. I am hoping they give her a new F4 uniform and buff! Dv89Uv3VAAY5Nws.jpg large.jpg
    Marvel: - Avengers, Fantastic Four, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Uncanny X-Men, X-23, Old Man Logan, Thor, Captain Marvel, Runaways, West Coast Avengers.
    Image: - Paper Girls.
    Dynamite: - Red Sonja

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    I first heard of She-Hulk during the Acts of Vengeance where Titania who was hired by Dr. Doom to fight Spider-Man talked about her, but I didn't know what she looks like.

    As for where I actually first saw her, I forgot, but it was one of the 90s images with long curly hair and one strand between the eyes that's meant to be sultry.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Oh, new place! I would recommend putting this song in the opening post, because, its kinda epic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjK14fTvV8M

    Anyway, some random She-Hulk info. I ask Tom Brevroot on Twitter if Jen would be going back to the She-Hulk moniker any time soon and... the answer is no. Which sucks.

    This may not end up as anything big for She-Hulk in the game, but the Twitter for the mobile game Marvel: Future Fight just posted this picture. Its most likely hinting that the F4 are finally entering the game, but its a nice sign that they used Jen for the tease. I am hoping they give her a new F4 uniform and buff! Dv89Uv3VAAY5Nws.jpg large.jpg
    A good She-Hulk moniker would be a page from Dragonball Super:



    This inspiration would gather a lot of non She-Hulk fans to her series quickly...

  9. #9
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    A good She-Hulk moniker would be a page from Dragonball Super:

    This inspiration would gather a lot of non She-Hulk fans to her series quickly...
    You have several ideas about how to increase She-Hulk fanbase, including guesting her in Spider-Man books. I do want to know how sure you are that these tactics will actually work since you sound so confident in them.

    Also, you've championed the cause of Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters becoming friends to the point that it's high time we see evidence of this in the comics. Why not provide us with panels showing their similarities, or story arcs that prove Parker's direct connection to Walter's cousin Bruce Banner.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  10. #10
    Spectacular Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What are we She-Hulk fans hoping for in 2019?
    I would like to see a She-Hulk movie made the same way as Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You have several ideas about how to increase She-Hulk fanbase, including guesting her in Spider-Man books. I do want to know how sure you are that these tactics will actually work since you sound so confident in them.

    Also, you've championed the cause of Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters becoming friends to the point that it's high time we see evidence of this in the comics. Why not provide us with panels showing their similarities, or story arcs that prove Parker's direct connection to Walter's cousin Bruce Banner.

    I can do that. The thing is that there is so little of their interaction together in the comics. But the similarities are there, just like it is with Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers with their respective interactions with Peter outside the crime fighting arena. We can say the same thing about Deadpool and Wolverine having nothing to do with Peter Parker at all. Yet, Marvel pairs them in their respective team-ups all the time. I bring up the She-Hulk because she and Peter would be one of the few people who would understand the other very well, which makes for a very good story that's on par with Black Cat. A few years ago, I wanted to see Peter in a partnership with non-spidey created characters on the super heroine side. The only one that we've seen that has potential(not saying in a romantic relationship) was Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Mockingbird respectively. We have not seen the former two work with Peter in a very long time. But going back to the She-Hulk, it surprises me that Jennifer doesn't know that Spider-Man is Peter Parker despite being with the Fantastic Four and Avengers. If Jen got to know Peter, they would be fast friends. All one needs to do is read their personality with their respective stories and you will find that Jennifer and Peter are quite similar to each other; especially in the 1st She-Hulk series...

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    I would like to see a She-Hulk movie made the same way as Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
    You know who would be an amazing she hulk? Sandra bullock

  13. #13
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I can do that.
    Except you haven't. I asked you to provide us with panels comparing Peter with Jennifer and Peter with Bruce or mention specific issues and storylines. That is the hard evidence we are looking for. What you did was to copy-and-paste from old posts.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,754

    Default

    Here's hoping She-hulk regain her former altethic form and stops being Hulk-lite. It's an insult to her character growth and herself as a character. She's rarely a Hulk, but only through circumstances beyond her control. She has control over her anger and should be able to maintain her iconic form.

    Aaron ruined She-Hulk, like he ruined Thor and his mythos for me.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member Valamist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Home of Excalibur
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    So Marvel have started doing a stream for a Fantastic Four Week, just revealing that the F4 are joining games such as Contest of Champions, Strike Force and like I mentioned above, Future Fight. In addition to that, Crystal got a new costume in the form of her F4 costume and... She-Hulk! Got this screen-cap, looks great! She can also be enhanced to Level 70 now.

    Future FIght Jen.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Here's hoping She-hulk regain her former altethic form and stops being Hulk-lite. It's an insult to her character growth and herself as a character. She's rarely a Hulk, but only through circumstances beyond her control. She has control over her anger and should be able to maintain her iconic form.

    Aaron ruined She-Hulk, like he ruined Thor and his mythos for me.
    To be fair I think the blame lies more at Bendis for what he did to he in Civil War II, but Aaron is not really helping for sure...
    Marvel: - Avengers, Fantastic Four, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Uncanny X-Men, X-23, Old Man Logan, Thor, Captain Marvel, Runaways, West Coast Avengers.
    Image: - Paper Girls.
    Dynamite: - Red Sonja

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •