Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Very sad.....
    True, such a travesty of character development (regression?).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I just realized that Jen at one point issue is wearing a t-shirt saying no fun. Is it jason aaroon or the artiest taking shots at the fans that want the fun she-hulk back? Probably deadpool from earlier but seemed to be a direct message to us too.
    I always hate when writers and/or artists take direct meanspirited shots at the fans such behavior benefits no one (unlike a fun inside joke or running gag). My question is why did editorial allow this?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You find it funny that people complaining that she doesn't have it as bad as Bruce when she in fact has never had it as bad as Bruce?

People leer at her and make catcalls. Okay. Sure. That's not nice. Bruce shows up and people call the military and they launch an all out assault. You can't say her problems are anywhere near as bad as his.
    To be fair, she also mentioned that supervillains try groping her and that she's had topless photos taken of her, which is a bit more than simple leering and catcalls. Though I wholeheartedly agree Hulk has always had it worse than his cousin. Being She-Hulk has always been a positive part of Jen's life, not a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    To be fair, she also mentioned that supervillains try groping her and that she's had topless photos taken of her, which is a bit more than simple leering and catcalls. Though I wholeheartedly agree Hulk has always had it worse than his cousin. Being She-Hulk has always been a positive part of Jen's life, not a negative.
    I think it is definitely believable and awful that Jen has probably dealt with the worst of a sexist and demeaning society in her time as a Superhero, but where I think Aaron missed the point is that as She-Hulk she already had the personality and power to be able to respond to and take control for herself in that situation without denying herself.

Which is definitely not a luxury Bruce has ever had much of as The Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it is definitely believable and awful that Jen has probably dealt with the worst of a sexist and demeaning society in her time as a Superhero, but where I think Aaron missed the point is that as She-Hulk she already had the personality and power to be able to respond to and take control for herself in that situation without denying herself.

Which is definitely not a luxury Bruce has ever had much of as The Hulk.
    It never excuses just turning character ugly and saying she okay about it. Not like over muscled men of MCU wouldn't getting objectified in ways by female fans. Sucks either way that happens but solution is not to throw baby out with the bathwater.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 06-29-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

What I have heard about this issue (not grabbed it yet) and my general decline in interest of Aaron's version of the team, especially Jen and Thor, means for the first time ever I am dropping the avengers from my pull

Marvel won't care, but I'm down to FF from them now

Never been so low

BANNED

out of all this trash there's maybe 1 line that I actually liked. the "Free to be ugly" one.

I remember, atleast in dan slott's run, where jen was a bit vain and wanted to be in the she-hulk form because that one was a bodacious supermodel. There were many reasons she preferred being in her she-hulk form, from the different personality (more confident, assured---though would sometimes lead to her having different opinions like in civil war), the more attractive body, the strength (she used to lift weights to feel strong, rather than to push herself).

Being able to exist as enormously powerful, and free from the pressures to be beautiful is an interesting direction.

I wonder if this form of she-hulk represents a certain aspect of her personality. See, a good writer would be able to make something of this coherently.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

In the meantime, She-Hulk got to do another Fastball Special with Wolverine (too bad they didn't have dialogue between them) in the last issue of WotR.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So I'm still working on this article and looking for good images to add to it, when I found these two pages:

So yes, She-Hulk has definitely been a victim of sexual harassment before. Fair enough and I have amended my future article to make note of things

However, I do not feel this makes this issue any less problematic or its glaring flaws any less bad. Plus, the scene with Jen and the little girl is just wonderful. I feel we won't get anything like it again for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    So yes, She-Hulk has definitely been a victim of sexual harassment before.
    She was a targat for sexual harassment. At no point did she let herself become a victim of it.

If I'm correct that's from the Thing and She-Hulk one-shot featuring "vampires".
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If I'm correct that's from the Thing and She-Hulk one-shot featuring "vampires".
    Yep! It was a team up written by Bryan Hitch I believe. Interestingly, there was a different artist before hand and there was some criticism because the first artist drew She-Hulk's skirt too short. Having seen the pages... yeah. -_-

BANNED

if i remember the story line with Eros, I think he mind controlled her into being with jameson?

And maybe himself? I don't remember exactly

Yup, Starfox (unwittingly?) manipulated Jen so she later determined her affection for John wasn't deep enough for a marriage (though she does have feelings for him, just not that intense) and thus cause for annulment (not divorce).

Edit: Here's that Thing & She-Hulk: The Long Night one-shot.

https://www.comixology.com/Thing-She...l-comic/432425

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    out of all this trash there's maybe 1 line that I actually liked. the "Free to be ugly" one.

I remember, atleast in dan slott's run, where jen was a bit vain and wanted to be in the she-hulk form because that one was a bodacious supermodel. There were many reasons she preferred being in her she-hulk form, from the different personality (more confident, assured---though would sometimes lead to her having different opinions like in civil war), the more attractive body, the strength (she used to lift weights to feel strong, rather than to push herself).

Being able to exist as enormously powerful, and free from the pressures to be beautiful is an interesting direction.

I wonder if this form of she-hulk represents a certain aspect of her personality. See, a good writer would be able to make something of this coherently.
    Indeed. I would also like to see a female writer address it since they probably could make a stronger point than Aaron could.