Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Just read the Avengers issue and can we please just get Aaron as far away from Jen as possible and never let him write her again because he shows here that he has no grasp of the character and would rather use her to make a statement that’s about as subtle as a Hulk sized punch in the face then to actually write her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just read the Avengers issue and can we please just get Aaron as far away from Jen as possible and never let him write her again because he shows here that he has no grasp of the character and would rather use her to make a statement that’s about as subtle as a Hulk sized punch in the face then to actually write her.
    That bad huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    That bad huh?
    He basically draws her fun self as a negative, bringing up things of people hitting on her during team-ups, bad guys trying to cop a feel during fights, sleezy guys publishing pictures of her topless when she was with the F4, the list goes on. I kid you not, she basically said that being this big ugly form is liberating. It was complete drivel where it’s the writer showing they’re self aware about what it is that people complain about and doubles down as a response. This issue was eye rolling incarnate. He simply does not grasp the character.

Amazing Member

what... just... what.... can't just do w.e the it is they want to do with this monster hulk story, gotta make sure to go and completely **** on the character's legacy, for sure that'll make ppl like your new status quo -_-

sorry but no, I was kind of okay with having a temporary monster she-hulk for w.e the hulk war is going to be, but sorry no.... this issue was terrible, Aaaron is just a hack of a writer. This isn't she-hulk, as much as aaron is trying to make it seem like Jennifer would be okay with it.... this she-hulk is nothing but a hulk stand in.. and its real sad what Marvel has done to her.

Let this hulk war thing play out cause we're stuck with it now, but PLEASE end it with Jennifer going back to the real she-hulk who wasn't in any way a monster in looks, speech, thoughts, w.e and was someone who LOVED being hulk and a great lawyer. Jennifer has lost what made her unique as a hulk: her control.
    Last edited by voidox; 06-26-2019 at 12:10 PM.

He basically draws her fun self as a negative, bringing up things of people hitting on her during team-ups, bad guys trying to cop a feel during fights, sleezy guys publishing pictures of her topless when she was with the F4, the list goes on. I kid you not, she basically said that being this big ugly form is liberating. It was complete drivel where it’s the writer showing they’re self aware about what it is that people complain about and doubles down as a response. This issue was eye rolling incarnate. He simply does not grasp the character.
    I mean on one hand I get it, tone down the fanservice, that's one thing, but Jason Aaron just turned Jen into Savage Hulk, and the only role she seems to have is being Thor's Girlfriend, which isn't all that progressive.
    In fact, a lot of female fans liked how she was before, or maybe I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 06-26-2019 at 10:42 AM.

BANNED

It is moments like this one that reminds me why I am not a fan of Jason Aaron’s Marvel comics works as it feels like an insult to the characters and their history and a slap in the face to the fans.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 06-26-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Oh, definitely. She-Hulk's "fan-service" was always tongue-in-cheek and winking-at-the-audience. I wouldn't be surprised if the primary readership of her comics were women, actually. She-Hulk being able to be fun, sassy, strong, sexually active, and larger-than-life is a very feminist ideal in a world where women are often relegated to girlfriends, wives, or side characters. Her being Hulk-with-boobs is completely reductive and eliminates the female-centric appeal.

For all purposes, She-Hulk could easily become the Marvel female superhero. She's a plain and ordinary woman who becomes a bombastic powerhouse who does want she wants when she wants. It's (almost) every little girl's dream.

I mean on one hand I get it, tone down the fanservice, that's one thing, but Jason Aaron just turned Jen into Savage Hulk, and the only role she seems to have is being Thor's Girlfriend, which isn't all that progressive.
    There’s a fine line between toning down on fan service and basically trying to say that’s all there was to a character and invalidating everything about her. Yes, there was some fan service but that comes with the territory of a character being attractive. But at the same time, she was also a very progressive character. Jen was a strong female character who was witty, a successful lawyer, and possessed a major thing that her male counterpart didn’t: control to the point that even when Hulked out, she was still herself. But Aaron, rather than balancing the positive and negative just ignores all the positive to sell his version as the best when in reality, all he’s done is regressed her to the point of being just the dumb muscle and that’s not only an insult to the character but female characters in general.

Wait. So Bruce is an idiot because he wanted to be like Jenns hulk.

She had it worse than him because guys were always hitting on her. Him losing control and becoming a rage monster is not as bad as having some perverted guy take your pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

She had it worse than him because guys were always hitting on her. Him losing control and becoming a rage monster is not as bad as having some perverted guy take your pictures.
    Yea just let that sink in for a moment. Bruce has been hounded by the military for years, who can never have a normal life because of the possibility of losing control and becoming a walking nuke who is quite literally capable of breaking the world, who was launched into space because he was believed to be too dangerous, whose own wife tried to have him assassinated because of a threat he may pose in the future is somehow an idiot for wanting to be like Jen just because of negative acts of some men. Really Aaron?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-26-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

ya that part was REALLY bad, like r u serious aaron?

and I agree, she-hulk being sexy was very much tongue-in-cheek and sure, there was some fan service, but Jennifer was ALWAYS much more than that. As Kuro and Nyssane put it:

Jen was a strong female character who was witty, a successful lawyer, and possessed a major thing that her male counterpart didn’t: control to the point that even when Hulked out, she was still herself.
    She-Hulk being able to be fun, sassy, strong, sexually active, and larger-than-life is a very feminist ideal in a world where women are often relegated to girlfriends, wives, or side characters. Her being Hulk-with-boobs is completely reductive and eliminates the female-centric appeal.
    But Aaron, rather than balancing the positive and negative just ignores all the positive to sell his version as the best when in reality, all he’s done is regressed her to the point of being just the dumb muscle and that’s not only an insult to the character but female characters in general.
    sigh... exactly

So to fight all the sexism you do the sexist thing you can be just down grading character to the point where she a at times writen as nothing but a generic hulk with boobs? Why I say its more sexist you tale personality and characters that made her original and different. You make her just a boring bland female rip of her cosusin she been fighting not to be.
    On positive side of things I picked up finally She-Hulk Rock Candy today.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 06-26-2019 at 12:39 PM.

holy moly, what did Aaron did to She-Hulk...

his touch destroys everything.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    holy moly, what did Aaron did to She-Hulk...

his touch destroys everything.
    They have made everything Jen's been fighting against for 30 years. Nothing more then a copy of her what her cousin has been but with boobs and a few different powers.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 06-26-2019 at 12:45 PM.

BANNED

i knew he was going to double down

i knew it

i didn't trust the preview for one second it was too on the nose, too direct