Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I'm pretty sure that this version will not continue after Aaron. The only mainstream article about She-huk by a feminist site is a celebration of her classic character: http://www.themarysue.com/she-hulk-m...se-now-please/ and on twitter, for the most part, women talk about her classic representation and at best nobody care about this new version. She will serve her role as a stand-in of Hulk, and after this story, it will be the end of it. She is not working for most of men and women fans either.
    I do agree that making Jen into The Hulk was dumb. She has a lot of untapped potential. Yet, no one seem to care about making it happen.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel 80th Anniversary variant cover for Avengers #23.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

This went completely under the radar and just... wow.

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw will have the two fan favorites teaming up in their own spin-off movie. That doesn't mean the characters are happy about it, and as these new promos for the anticipated film show, it took some convincing to make it happen. Behind the scenes The Rock and Jason Statham seem to be having a ball, and that comes through in these new promos, which have their characters explaining everything that's wrong with the other in humorous fashion, and Statham even gets in a Marvel reference that you will have a hard time getting out of your head.

When asked about Hobbs, Shaw launches into all of the things that bother him. "Big body, tiny brain," Shaw says. "Like a baby in a muscle suit... a real messy baby. Talks way too much. Sounds like he swallowed a dumbbell. Has no finesse, all he does is smash. He's like a Samoan She-Hulk...but bald. He's a car with only one gear, and drives on the wrong side of the road."

That Samoan She-Hulk line is amazing, but Hobbs wasn't going to take that on the chin without a comeback, and he had plenty of things to say about Shaw.
    Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Did David Goyer write that line?

Also, not amazing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Did David Goyer write that line?

Also, not amazing.

Nice summation of the current and hopefully very temporary take on Jen’s character.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Love it
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Awesome cover!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

Also, not amazing.
    Agreed, even if he's talking about the concept of a She-Hulk instead of Jen specifically why not just say Hulk.

This week in She-Hulk sightings:
    In Captain Marvel #8 Jen is called by Spider-Woman to help Carol relieve some tension with a sparring match. It can be implied that Carol and Jen spar frequently as Carol mentions that with her powers being weakened their sparring match was a little one.
    Some alternate reality She-Hulks appear in Secret Warps: Ghost Panther as Hulk 2099 is fused with Strange 2099 and in Spider-Man: Life Story #5 Jen has taken Iron Man's side in the that universe's Civil War.
    Finally, while Jen doesn't show up, Titania briefly talks about her archenemies, in Immortal Hulk #21.

BANNED

Actually it makes me wonder what would occur if Titania takes on Jen in her current form ?

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Actually it makes me wonder what would occur if Titania takes on Jen in her current form ?
    IIRC Shulkie only lost/would have lost to Titania 3 times and all of them included outside factors in favor of Titania, when there was a bunch of other villains around, She-Hulk being weakened by a gamma absorbing gas and when Mary had an infinity gem. So unless she brings a small army I don't imagine it going much differently than the status quo.

That cover is amazing. Not much SDCC news just yet but both Sideshow and Kotobukiya She-Hulk statues are on display tgere.

Probably my favorite take by Dautermann of current She-Hulk.

There is a new Marvel legend She-Hulk figure just been revealed. It's the grey version though mostly will be released later on as a green version.

You can find photos here.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/19/s...details-357256

Blegh, grey version? I need a green one to replace the fugly one I have.

And how is there no Titania action figure yet? Rock Python gets one but ol' Skeeter doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

And how is there no Titania action figure yet? Rock Python gets one but ol' Skeeter doesn't?
    I am sure she will get one at some point perhaps as a two pack with green version.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    There is a new Marvel legend She-Hulk figure just been revealed. It's the grey version though mostly will be released later on as a green version.

You can find photos here.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/19/s...details-357256
    Looks good, but I will only buy the green version. Her expression looks like she just shredded her favorite jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I know right? That is one figure I would love to see too. Just as long as Titania comes in her classic outfit.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d kill for a Shulkie written ongoing by Ewing, with maybe Rafa Sandoval on art.