Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/46657-she-...interview.html

Interview with Alexandra Petri and SHE-HULK ANNUAL #1. This is looking really good. Classic She-Hulk.
    This looks really good. I may just pick this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

To which I say:

All I can say is These Happy Days are Yours and Mine!

Between the news about the show and the upcoming She-Hulk Annual, this is a great time for Shulkie fans! I hope the annual leads to a new ongoing.

I am so excited about the She-Hulk show. Hopefully, they use Byrne and Slott's runs as the bases for the show. I think she should break the fourth-wall and I will be slightly disappointed if she doesn't. When she first does it, I think if she turns to the camera and explains that she has been breaking the fourth-wall before Deadpool was even created, it would help stop people from thinking she is stealing his gimmick.

I hope Marvel will start using the character properly now that she has her own show.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Just a fun thought for the tv series. What if She-Hulk was created in the five year gap and that is what led to Bruce and Hulk to merge since she can control she inspired him. For fun with if there is forth wall breaking, Jen talks about being in the battle with Thanos and pulls footage up with her docetered in.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Just a fun thought for the tv series. What if She-Hulk was created in the five year gap and that is what led to Bruce and Hulk to merge since she can control she inspired him. For fun with if there is forth wall breaking, Jen talks about being in the battle with Thanos and pulls footage up with her docetered in.
    Honestly this may be Marvel's excuse for casting an actress significantly younger than Mark Ruffalo. Jen may have gotten dusted by Thanos and came back with everyone else five years later. That would be a legitimate excuse for casting a 30-something as Jennifer Walters instead of a woman in her 40's or 50's.

I wonder who they're gonna get to play her.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I’m interested in picking up She Hulks annual. Is it just a stand alone? Currently what’s going on with the character in the comic verse?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m interested in picking up She Hulks annual. Is it just a stand alone? Currently what’s going on with the character in the comic verse?
    She's been striped of faculty and unique identity, and is being reductively written as the Hulk but **** by Jason Aaron.

The annual I believe is completely disconnected from that.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So, where is a good place to start modern She Hulk? I've read some stuff here and there, and liked her, but I feel like with this new show I really want to dive in.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Just don't start with Tamaki's run, the one that started off just called Hulk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Honestly this may be Marvel's excuse for casting an actress significantly younger than Mark Ruffalo. Jen may have gotten dusted by Thanos and came back with everyone else five years later. That would be a legitimate excuse for casting a 30-something as Jennifer Walters instead of a woman in her 40's or 50's.
    They're cousins, not siblings. Isn't Jennifer a lot younger than Bruce in the comics?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Jennifer a lot younger than Bruce in the comics?
    I don't think the comics ever set a firm age gap. Those few childhood flashback stories I do recall seeing, they couldn't have been more than several years apart in grade school.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I am so excited about the She-Hulk show. Hopefully, they use Byrne and Slott's runs as the bases for the show. I think she should break the fourth-wall and I will be slightly disappointed if she doesn't. When she first does it, I think if she turns to the camera and explains that she has been breaking the fourth-wall before Deadpool was even created, it would help stop people from thinking she is stealing his gimmick.

I hope Marvel will start using the character properly now that she has her own show.
    Agreed, not that I'm against the idea of having a more serious and brooding She-Hulk, but I think a lighthearted, confident She-Hulk is probably how most people are comfortable with her character at this point.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-27-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Been searching for a video for the actual reveal and audience reaction, this is the best one I've seen so far, starting at the 19:52 mark. That guy who first yelled "YES!" could have been me.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Should the She-Hulk series break the 4th wall?

She-Hulk's Disney+ Series Should Embrace a Self-Aware Shulkie
    I hope so. With Feigie's comment of "the series being nothing we've done before"I believe it will feature 4th wall breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    So, where is a good place to start modern She Hulk? I've read some stuff here and there, and liked her, but I feel like with this new show I really want to dive in.
    Start with Savage(Lee/Kraft) if you're interested in family drama and criminal threats.
    Sensational (Byrne) if you like wacky hijinks and playing with comic books as a medium through fourth wall breaks.
    She-Hulk (Slott) from the 2000's if you like exploring the Marvel Universe and character growth.
    She-Hulk (David) also from the 2000's to see what would She-Hulk do if she couldn't be a lawyer and dealing with personal issues.
    She-Hulk (Soule) from the 2010's for more lawyer focused adventures and a down to earth tone.
    Hulk (Tamaki) if you like slow burns and a character dealing with trauma.

For a modern She-Hulk feeling you could skip to Soule's run, plus its only 12 issues, but do yourself a favor and pick up the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're cousins, not siblings. Isn't Jennifer a lot younger than Bruce in the comics?
    I don't remember which issue it was said in but I think Jen once said she is five years younger than Bruce.