Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Jennifer Walters always thought that being a lawyer was in her blood… until a gamma-irradiated blood transfusion gave her the ability to change into the world's sexiest, sassiest, and strongest superheroine: THE SHE-HULK!

——————————————————————————————

I feel that Peter and Jennifer are right for each other if we look at their respective personas. Both are brilliant at what they do. Both have a direct ties to Bruce Banner, The Avengers, and Fantastic Four. Also, their minds do complement the other. There is so much untapped potential with the amount of stories produced that would keep the readers interested. And it has nothing to do with a one night stand, which would get old really fast.

To me, if Jennifer got to know Peter, they would become fast friends because their life experiences are very similar to each other than anyone else. I just never understand why they have not worked together on The Fantastic Four or The Avengers since both are reserved team members...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You have several ideas about how to increase She-Hulk fanbase, including guesting her in Spider-Man books. I do want to know how sure you are that these tactics will actually work since you sound so confident in them.

Also, you've championed the cause of Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters becoming friends to the point that it's high time we see evidence of this in the comics. Why not provide us with panels showing their similarities, or story arcs that prove Parker's direct connection to Walter's cousin Bruce Banner.
    I can do that. The thing is that there is so little of their interaction together in the comics. But the similarities are there, just like it is with Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers with their respective interactions with Peter outside the crime fighting arena. We can say the same thing about Deadpool and Wolverine having nothing to do with Peter Parker at all. Yet, Marvel pairs them in their respective team-ups all the time. I bring up the She-Hulk because she and Peter would be one of the few people who would understand the other very well, which makes for a very good story that's on par with Black Cat. A few years ago, I wanted to see Peter in a partnership with non-spidey created characters on the super heroine side. The only one that we've seen that has potential(not saying in a romantic relationship) was Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Mockingbird respectively. We have not seen the former two work with Peter in a very long time. But going back to the She-Hulk, it surprises me that Jennifer doesn't know that Spider-Man is Peter Parker despite being with the Fantastic Four and Avengers. If Jen got to know Peter, they would be fast friends. All one needs to do is read their personality with their respective stories and you will find that Jennifer and Peter are quite similar to each other; especially in the 1st She-Hulk series...
    Except you haven't. I asked you to provide us with panels comparing Peter with Jennifer and Peter with Bruce or mention specific issues and storylines. That is the hard evidence we are looking for. What you did was to copy-and-paste from old posts.
    That's because there are so few panels available on the net for me to compare with. I do not had the original copies of the 1st She-Hulk series. When I do, I'll post a few scans for comparison. There are none on the internet. But The first meeting between the She-Hulk and Spider-Man was in Marvel Team-Up that has a comparison between them...

I do not see what the comparison between the comicbook characters Spider-Man and She-Hulk is.

BANNED

I mean I read the pages of MTU #107..

..and I do not read a 'comparison'.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

would hulk need to get a movie first?

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

I love the first line in that article:

"Jennifer Walters is everything that's good about comics."

#1 is the best place for her.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    I love the first line in that article:

"Jennifer Walters is everything that's good about comics."

#1 is the best place for her.
    Amusingly, that article kind of disses She-Hulk's current status quo. None of it reflects what makes Jen so good and perfect for a movie. Go figure.

Also, She-Hulk appeared in The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl... and it was depressing.

What is this garbage Hulk-talk? She has a costume now, stop with weird, perfectly ripped tops. Also, it feels like She-Hulk is just Thor' girl now and that's been all of her character development this past entire year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Amusingly, that article kind of disses She-Hulk's current status quo. None of it reflects what makes Jen so good and perfect for a movie. Go figure.

Also, She-Hulk appeared in The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl... and it was depressing.

What is this garbage Hulk-talk? She has a costume now, stop with weird, perfectly ripped tops. Also, it feels like She-Hulk is just Thor' girl now and that's been all of her character development this past entire year.
    To be fair, the story in this issue takes place a while ago--back during the first arc of Nick Spencer's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run. So that may explain why Jen was still in the ripped top as opposed to her current costume.

She-Hulk guest starred in this book in a previous arc as well, and her appearance there may have been more to your liking as she was successfully defending Doreen and friends in court. She-Hulk still had some of the less-intelligent Hulk-speak when she hulked out...but unfortunately that is consistent with recent developments in AVENGERS where her intelligence level has been in something of a state of flux in relation to her power level.

warofrealmsfdkelf2019001-768x1134.jpg

Looks like Jen is going to be in one of the War of the Realms Strikeforce spin-offs, along with Blade, Ghost Rider, Freyja and... Punisher. Kinda got me thinking, has Jen ever had a serious encounter with Frank before?

Mighty Member

Awesome cover.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I miss the variant on She-Hulk’s costume from the Soule/Pulido series. Also I just miss that series in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    To be fair, the story in this issue takes place a while ago--back during the first arc of Nick Spencer's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run. So that may explain why Jen was still in the ripped top as opposed to her current costume.

She-Hulk guest starred in this book in a previous arc as well, and her appearance there may have been more to your liking as she was successfully defending Doreen and friends in court. She-Hulk still had some of the less-intelligent Hulk-speak when she hulked out...but unfortunately that is consistent with recent developments in AVENGERS where her intelligence level has been in something of a state of flux in relation to her power level.
    I hate that with the current direction She-Hulk's guest appearances now involve her wearing torn up clothes and speaking like a dumb Hulk.

I read her appearance in the recent Kelly Thompson Jessica Jones trade and...it's just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post

Looks like Jen is going to be in one of the War of the Realms Strikeforce spin-offs, along with Blade, Ghost Rider, Freyja and... Punisher. Kinda got me thinking, has Jen ever had a serious encounter with Frank before?
    I don't think so.

I feel like this era is going to go down as the "roid-rage She-Hulk" era.
    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I miss the variant on She-Hulk’s costume from the Soule/Pulido series. Also I just miss that series in general.
    I miss the series more then the costume.

I just think the white and purple are better balanced on her current look, and it's just more dynamic. Even back when it was a swimsuit .

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I don't believe so... and you sure as hell won't get it there because every writer has forgotten she is an intelligent lawyer and just views as a dumb as rock Hulk parody and Thor's girlfriend.

For as progressive as Aaron is and how determined he is (as very misguided as it is) to make her an unique Hulk, the results have been... rather regressive and kind of sexist in areas. He's done more to harm the character than help her. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hate that with the current direction She-Hulk's guest appearances now involve her wearing torn up clothes and speaking like a dumb Hulk.

I read her appearance in the recent Kelly Thompson Jessica Jones trade and...it's just bad.
    How bad we talking?
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 02-20-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    How bad we talking?
    I mean, individual perspectives and all that, but to me she came off like she had brain damage and Luke and Jessica treated her like a child like Danielle is.

And this is a grown woman who once actually went out with Cage himself.

It honestly surprises me that a female writer like Kelly Thompson would handle her like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

liine its drawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    that's an ugly baby. yeesh. (a fan-fiction "what if they?" mashup of she-hulk and deadpool, double yuk)
    The baby that the She-Hulk and Hulk had in 'Old Man Logan' written by Mark Millar and drawn by Steve McNiven wasn't ugly unlike the one depicted in the image above.

BANNED

Just watched the 1983 Incredible Hulk cartoon episode which had Jen in it, was very impressed with it actually. Smart, skilled and the Hulk's equal.
    Yes, but it is so disappointing to me that the character was only featured in ONE episode