Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    Universal Studios was long believed to hold the rights to Jennifer Walters, and since that is clearly no longer the case, perhaps Disney has acquired the full rights to all characters Universal previously controlled.
    No. Universal only ever had movie distribution rights. The contract, needless to say, doesn't include streaming rights, as streaming wasn't a concept back then! That's why Disney are able to make the She-Hulk Disney+ show, and it doesn't mean they can now do Hulk movies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    it was for the sensational book, but i think it got retconned in the slott run where the whole sensational she-hulk run became an in universe comic book?

i wonder if the writers were inspired by the animal man book out at the time
    Every superhero's adventures are made into comics in the 616 universe as seen as early as Johnny Storm reading about the Hulk IIRC in the Stan and Jack days. A supporting character was even saved by a trade paperback of Dan's earlier She-Hulk volumes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Every superhero's adventures are made into comics in the 616 universe as seen as early as Johnny Storm reading about the Hulk IIRC in the Stan and Jack days. A supporting character was even saved by a trade paperback of Dan's earlier She-Hulk volumes.
    i meant that, the particular aspect of 4th wall breaking was specifically considered part of the in universe comic's weirdness, rather than like deadpool or gwenpool's genuine self-awareness of their universe, and she hulk denied actually having the ability

although meta-humor is still part of she-hulk
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 09-10-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i meant that, the particular aspect of 4th wall breaking was specifically considered part of the in universe comic's weirdness, rather than like deadpool or gwenpool's genuine self-awareness of their universe, and she hulk denied actually having the ability

although meta-humor is still part of she-hulk
    When She-Hulk denied actually having the ability she looked right at the fourth wall/camera, which implies to me she's joking or/and lying to Stu so he doesn't have an identity crisis of being a supporting character. Plus, Jen broke the fourth wall even in her more recent, darker run. Her comic book awareness might not be brought up as much as her super strength or lawyer skills but it is a tool in Jen's toolbox whenever a writer wishes to use it.

Imcomingteaser.jpg
    The new event teaser image shows off a bit more of the new costume She-Hulk will be getting for the space arch in Avengers.
    I like it, it reminds me of Big Barda's red costume with extra bands around the limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Imcomingteaser.jpg
    The new event teaser image shows off a bit more of the new costume She-Hulk will be getting for the space arch in Avengers.
    I like it, it reminds me of Big Barda's red costume with extra bands around the limbs.
    It does look pretty cool.

Mighty Member

Sure is a lot of interesting casting suggestions online for who should play Jennifer Walters.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Sure is a lot of interesting casting suggestions online for who should play Jennifer Walters.
    Angie Harmon is my pick.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I still say Mary Elizabeth Winstead is the best fit, but there is a case to be made for Kate Beckinsale and Rose Bryne.

Fans have made made concept art of Rosario Dawson and Emmy Rossum that went semi-viral so they're trendy choices ATM, but I don't see either actress connecting well to the role.

based on all these casting choices I'm guessing they are going to full CGI her green form
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    based on all these casting choices I'm guessing they are going to full CGI her green form
    I would've been more surprised if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Angie Harmon is my pick.
    I always thought Angie Harmon would be an amazing She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    I always thought Angie Harmon would be an amazing She-Hulk.
    And you know what? She's been stanning for the role for years. Since as early as 2012.

I hope they make She-Hulk in her "Hulk" form CGI. Being Bruce's cousin also gives a bit of leeway to the ethnicity of this version of Jennifer.

Stephanie Beatriz has said she wants to play her and she would be my top choice.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman