Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Yeah, but he said "even on this very forum", so I think he was just referencing to the fans, on this site, who responded in the poll.
    True. And while 120 responses might not be definitive in terms of a readership in the tens of thousands, it’s still an interesting sampling result.

Personally, I don’t see this version of the character selling in a solo book. Certainly not for more than maybe six issues.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    True. And while 120 responses might not be definitive in terms of a readership in the tens of thousands, it’s still an interesting sampling result.

Personally, I don’t see this version of the character selling in a solo book. Certainly not for more than maybe six issues.

It's not like the normal version sells either. Charles soule run where she was last completely normal was p good but got cancelled in 12 issues, which basically seems to be the average for the low selling ones these few years :/

The mariko tamaki one was longer (17 including the renumbering, but it had the grey she hulk)

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    It's not like the normal version sells either. Charles soule run where she was last completely normal was p good but got cancelled in 12 issues, which basically seems to be the average for the low selling ones these few years :/

The mariko tamaki one was longer (17 including the renumbering, but it had the grey she hulk)
    The Soule run died so soon for one reason: vomit-inducing art.

Tamaki's run only lasted longer because Marvel was stubborn in trying to push this new direction. The sales went to Crap Town almost immediately.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Tamaki's run only lasted longer because Marvel was stubborn in trying to push this new direction. The sales went to Crap Town almost immediately.
    Once I got used to the art, I found the Soule run the most engaging. I should point out, that Soule's She Hulk got bigger and huskier as she exerted herself. Would that have been a better middle ground? Another question, who had the longest run? Byrne (before he burned all his bridges) or Slott?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Once I got used to the art, I found the Soule run the most engaging. I should point out, that Soule's She Hulk got bigger and huskier as she exerted herself. Would that have been a better middle ground? Another question, who had the longest run? Byrne (before he burned all his bridges) or Slott?
    Byrne had 60.

Slott had 12 (she hulk vol 1) which was cancelled, but then rescued by the trade sales (and he made a joke about it in book) to be rebooted to She hulk vol 2 a couple months later (8?) which had Slott for the first 22ish issues and then PAD for the remaining until #38

I think byrne's run is more decisively longer, because slott's was cancelled at 12 issues first, and second go didn't last for nearly as long either.

Shame cause I like slott's run more, so I wish he would've stayed on longer.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 07-14-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Hm. Never thought about the "bigger as she exerted herself" thing much. But come to think of it? Yeah, that may be a decent middle ground compromise. Jen can remain good looking most of the time, but when she really has to dig deep, there's an outward sign.

Heck, I'd even accept the idea that her intellect goes down and she veers closer to the Savage territory. It gives her powers some drawbacks and makes it look like she doesn't exactly "have it made" either.

Hulk has long been established as getting stronger as he gets angrier. That's also a blessing and a curse. This would be something similar for Jen. Suddenly she has to balance Power with Control, which is kinda the big difference between Jen and Bruce to begin with.

According to Wikipedia, Slott is credited as having written the most solo issues of She Hulk, though that doesn't seem right to me? Didn't Byrne write 60 issues?
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 07-14-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Byrne had 60.
    We're talking about Sensational right? Byrne's run stopped at #8 before Steve Gerber stepped in followed by Simon Furman and then Byrne returned at #31 until #50.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We're talking about Sensational right? Byrne's run stopped at #8 before Steve Gerber stepped in followed by Simon Furman and then Byrne returned at #31 until #50.

fu you're right mah bad
    either way sensational is the longest run

Guys this is clearly the alternate universe she-hulk that slept with juggernout from that non powered universe where they come to our universe for fun explaining why heroes act out of character!

She-hulk herself explained it in that issue! Guess the real she-hulk is on vacation and the other one is in the avengers. Isn't it ironic that the one book that did a story explaining why heroes act out of character is now out of character herself!

Have She-Hulks "gamma blast-punches" been revealed yet? Or ignored?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Having just looked at some pages of the Soule tun, I would have to agree.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

In fairness, a sample of 1000 is thought enough to make judgements about general elections in the UK, so that's not terribly poor sampling at all

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    In fairness, a sample of 1000 is thought enough to make judgements about general elections in the UK, so that's not terribly poor sampling at all
    That's using random sampling, not self-selection (i.e. entering a 'hate on new she-hulk' thread).

Astonishing Member

Byrne had 60.

Slott had 12 (she hulk vol 1) which was cancelled, but then rescued by the trade sales (and he made a joke about it in book) to be rebooted to She hulk vol 2 a couple months later (8?) which had Slott for the first 22ish issues and then PAD for the remaining until #38

I think byrne's run is more decisively longer, because slott's was cancelled at 12 issues first, and second go didn't last for nearly as long either.

Shame cause I like slott's run more, so I wish he would've stayed on longer.
    Slott should have added Jennifer to his run on Amazing Spider-Man. Not saying that Jennifer and Peter should be lovers. But their interaction might have led to her involvement with the Spider-Verse where she meets the Bruce Banner: The Amazing Spider-Man. I feel that Jennifer sparing with Spider-Hulk might had been a fun read under Slott's writing..

Mighty Member

I'm pretty sure that this version will not continue after Aaron. The only mainstream article about She-huk by a feminist site is a celebration of her classic character: http://www.themarysue.com/she-hulk-m...se-now-please/ and on twitter, for the most part, women talk about her classic representation and at best nobody care about this new version. She will serve her role as a stand-in of Hulk, and after this story, it will be the end of it. She is not working for most of men and women fans either.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !