Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Sensational She-Hulk #1 May 1989
    "Second Chance"
    She-Hulk has arranged to use a circus as a training ground. Distracted after her workout, she is hypnotized by the Ringmaster,
    who has been hired by a mysterious employer to find out as much as he can about She-Hulk.
    Under hypnosis she relates her Cousin Bruce Banner's origin as the Hulk and her own as She-Hulk.

The circus makeup artist then disguises her to look like a "normal" woman, and, as "Glamazonia",
    she becomes the circus' new sensation, as well as their partner in hypnotizing and robbing their audiences.

An accident with a runaway wagon, which Jen smashes into toothpicks, raises some concern among the Ringmaster's secret employers.
    Their leader disguises himself as a gorilla and goes to observe in person. When he is spotted, the Ringmaster orders She-Hulk to capture him.
    The villain's only recourse is to seize the Ringmaster's hat and unhypnotize She-Hulk so he can escape in the confusion.

Jen captures the Circus of Crime and turns them over to the police, wondering when she will find out who her real enemies are.
    The readers discover on the last page: it's the Headmen!

Script and pencils by John Byrne, inks by Bob Wiacek

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Saw this on Twitter and had to share it.

Funny as heck. Needed a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More satisfying then Heroes in Crisis .
    True but GOT finale was better then HIC. Setting a low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Good question. If marvel ever does it then to me it is to be based on the rendition by artist John Byrne and episodes adapted from stories as written by John Byrne. It 'll be a winner for sure! I mean X-Men TAS was based on renditions by the artist Jim Lee and mostly episodes adapted from stories as written by Chris Claremont, which lasted for 76 episodes!
    I'm all for this. I think she would do particularly well animated in Japan and doing a bit of a Blood Blockade Battlefront-esque feel with it, with her having largely episodic adventures in the crazy superhero-and-villain-infested city of New York while slowly building to a true story arc. The episodic stuff would flesh out her and her supporting cast along the way. Ultimately the goal is to explore a wide variety of situations, from goofier adventures to more serious situations.

Drag Lyra into this as her apprentice/side-kick (possibly with a simplified past - I'd just straight up make her Hulk and Thundra's daughter without the being from an alternate dimension insanity) and you'd have a winner. Throw in a mixture of jazz and dirty/indie-style rock as the score for bonus points.

I still don't get why everyone keeps calling her "The Hulk" now.

Like, fine, she has to act like The Hulk now because that's what Aaron is doing but why just call her that? It makes it come off like she's really only there because Aaron couldn't use Banner when the only real distinction is when she's in human form and that's few and far between.

And I just don't buy that Jen would want people to just call her "The Hulk." Unlike Aaron or Jane Foster she actually likes her codename.

Mighty Member

Like, fine, she has to act like The Hulk now because that's what Aaron is doing but why just call her that? It makes it come off like she's really only there because Aaron couldn't use Banner when the only real distinction is when she's in human form and that's few and far between.

And I just don't buy that Jen would want people to just call her "The Hulk." Unlike Aaron or Jane Foster she actually likes her codename.
    I think it's because some people on twitter find the name "She-Hulk" sexist.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Saw this on Twitter and had to share it.

Hilarious all around XD

IIRC she was calling herself Hulk early in the run so the others followed this choice to call Jen by that name. If I was going for a No-prize, maybe because, especially in that beginning arch, she was so dumbed down she called herself Hulk because its shorter than She-Hulk, sorta like how classic Hulk would call people by his made up nicknames for them.
    Hopefully when She-Hulk gains control again she will go back to her own name or maybe a brand new name to distant herself more from her jolly, green cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Hilarious all around XD

IIRC she was calling herself Hulk early in the run so the others followed this choice to call Jen by that name. If I was going for a No-prize, maybe because, especially in that beginning arch, she was so dumbed down she called herself Hulk because its shorter than She-Hulk, sorta like how classic Hulk would call people by his made up nicknames for them.
    Hopefully when She-Hulk gains control again she will go back to her own name or maybe a brand new name to distant herself more from her jolly, green cousin.
    I get it when she's talking in Hulk speak, but it just doesn't make sense for me that outside of that people would just refer to her as The Hulk.

I get it when she's talking in Hulk speak, but it just doesn't make sense for me that outside of that people would just refer to her as The Hulk.
    I picture it as a group of coworkers/friends and one of them tells the others that they prefer to be called by a new nickname, so the rest of the gang follow that request. It is weird that the new nickname is just your cousin's nickname. People probably refer to Jen by that name out of respect of her decision to be called that or, for the less familiar, out of fear of receiving a She-Hulk sized knuckle sandwich lol

I picture it as a group of coworkers/friends and one of them tells the others that they prefer to be called by a new nickname, so the rest of the gang follow that request. It is weird that the new nickname is just your cousin's nickname. People probably refer to Jen by that name out of respect of her decision to be called that or, for the less familiar, out of fear of receiving a She-Hulk sized knuckle sandwich lol
    I don't buy that Jen would want to call herself "The Hulk" though. Maybe just calling herself Hulk as a general catch-all, but she would probably prefer being called She-Hulk on a general basis.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Good question. If marvel ever does it then to me it is to be based on the rendition by artist John Byrne and episodes adapted from stories as written by John Byrne. It 'll be a winner for sure! I mean X-Men TAS was based on renditions by the artist Jim Lee and mostly episodes adapted from stories as written by Chris Claremont, which lasted for 76 episodes!
    I agree! An animated She-Hulk series based on her classic stories like the "Glamazonia" one above would be awesome. Her 2007 appearance in the Fantastic Four animated series would be a good template to go on.

Incredible Member

Remember how on Agents of Smash she was a stunt car driver? Yeesh Jason Aaron's take isn't looking so bad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Remember how on Agents of Smash she was a stunt car driver? Yeesh Jason Aaron's take isn't looking so bad right now.
    Eliza Dushku was really wasted on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    On one hand, it makes sense that Jen would use her super durability to help saves lives, on the other hand, not many actors would share the build that She-Hulk has . I don't imagine she got too many gigs.
    Its been awhile since I watched that show, was Jen ever a lawyer in that universe? I have faint memories of her doing paperwork in an episode and telling Titania she could help her out in another.
    Eliza Dushku was really wasted on that show.
    She really nailed the energy I think She-Hulk's voice would have.

On one hand, it makes sense that Jen would use her super durability to help saves lives, on the other hand, not many actors would share the build that She-Hulk has . I don't imagine she got too many gigs.
    Its been awhile since I watched that show, was Jen ever a lawyer in that universe? I have faint memories of her doing paperwork in an episode and telling Titania she could help her out in another.
    They referenced her having a law degree, like, twice but they never really did anything with it.
    She really nailed the energy I think She-Hulk's voice would have.
    I feel like she would've been a great animated She-Hulk with better material/direction but I could say that about a lot of the VA's in Marvel cartoons these days.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

https://www.facebook.com/ComicBookRe...6637441027709/

Which of these shows would you bings first on Disney+?
    Source: LittleYellowFish1

One reaction says this is an old pic, but still… Matt Murdock's a supporting character here, as well as 8-Ball, and so is Mary McPherran aka Titania! The original reddit discussion is here, and the post about the casting is here.

She-Hulk
    • Stephanie Beatriz as Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk
    • Gwendoline Christie as Mary McPharren/Titania
    • Charlie Day as Jeff Hagees/8-Ball
    • Alison Brie as Mallory Book
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES