Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Sensational She-Hulk #2 Jun 1989
    "Attack Of The Terrible Toad Men (or Froggy Came Cavortin')"
    Janet Van Dyne, aka the Wasp, gives Jennifer a tour of the apartment she is going to loan her.
    Janet comments that she is pleased to see that the cleaning staff has still been on the job while she's been away.
    Jen perks up at that, and hopes that the cleaning staff are a bunch of handsome hunks in tight t-shirts.
    Janet smiles and says that it is actually four old ladies with mops.
    Janet jokes that it must have been a long while since Jennifer broke up with Wyatt Wingfoot, and Jen says that its been long enough.
    While Janet shows her the view from the terrace, Jen double checks to make sure that Janet won't need the apartment.
    Jan assures She-Hulk that she's been spending most her of time lately in California with
    Hank Pym and the West Coast Avengers, so she can have this apartment all to herself.

Elsewhere, the Headmen continue to monitor the She-Hulk. Morgan is worried about whether things are going according to plan.
    Nagan tells him that he is worried about the wrong things and asks Ruby to assure
    him that the new accomplice they have hired will not fail in his task to test She-Hulk.
    Satisfied for now, Morgan returns to his cellular acceleration experiments.

Back at the apartment, Janet continues to give She-Hulk the tour. Janet says that Jennifer can take care of hiring her own staff,
    and Jen responds that she doesn't even have a job right now. She isn't sure if she can go back to being a lawyer now that she is She-Hulk full time.

Later, as Jen makes herself some popcorn and settles down to watch TV, she thinks to herself that she needs to start looking for a job tomorrow.
    Her TV program gets interrupted by a news report that flying saucers have appeared over Manhattan!
    She-Hulk races out to the terrace to find that the sky is filled with alien ships!
    She-Hulk wonders how so many ships managed to get so close without anyone detecting them,
    and why the Avengers and the Fantastic Four haven't responded yet. A green gloved hand presses a button on a remote control,
    and suddenly the ships open fire on She-Hulk! Jen is shocked that with 8 million New Yorkers to choose from, they started with her.
    As She-Hulk gets to her feet, a squad of Toad Men land on her terrace!

Meanwhile, a woman named Weezi brings a handsome blond man reports on Jennifer Walters' legal career.
    The man is impressed with her credentials. "Jennifer Walters is exactly what I'm looking for!"

Back at Jen's apartment, She-Hulk is dodging fire from the Toad Men.

Jen notices that it is odd that the fleet is still just hanging there in mid-air, and they have dropped only a handful of troops... all of them after her.
    Just then the Toad Men's aim improves--and they manage to nail She-Hulk with a barrage of fire!
    It doesn't do Jen any serious harm, but it destroys her sweater.
    Angry that they destroyed her favorite comfy sweater, She-Hulk snatches one of the Toad Men's weapons, and snaps it in half.
    As it breaks, she discovers that it isn't an alien ray gun--it is an ordinary rifle disguised with plastic gadgets!

Now that She-Hulk has figured out the truth, the Toad Men try to retreat--but Jen grabs a hold of one of them!
    Her suspicions are confirmed when she pulls off the Toad Man mask, and there is a human underneath!
    Jen guesses that they work for the same people who hired the Ringmaster, but before she can question him, he fires a gun point blank in her face!
    It doesn't hurt her, but it blinds her long enough for the "Toad Man" to slip away.
    She regains her sight just as her jumps over the railing of her terrace!
    Afraid that he just killed himself, Jen rushes to go see--and bumps face first into some kind of canvas, painted to look like the view from her apartment!

She-Hulk rips through it to find that the entire "invasion fleet" was part of a painted backdrop that was lowered over her apartment by a dirigible!
    Jen then catches sight of the "Toad Men" climbing the rigging back to the ship.
    She decides to beat them back by leaping her way up to the airship.
    She comes aboard and is greeted by Mysterio!
    She-Hulk recognizes him as a foe of Spider-Man's, who doesn't have any real powers but relies on special effects.
    He turns one of his illusions on her to disorient her, but Jen knows that it isn't real.
    She ignores what her eyes are telling her, and digs her fingers into the deck beneath her--ripping it up and tossing Mysterio off balance!
    She-Hulk grabs him and demands to know what is going on, but he sprays her in the face with gas from his amulet!

Later, Mysterio delivers She-Hulk to the Headmen! Nagan offers him membership in the Headmen, but he declines.
    He just wants to take his money and go. Nagan gives him the briefcase full of money, and Mysterio vanishes in a puff of smoke.
    Morgan worries that Mysterio will realize that the briefcase is really full of newsprint underneath a layer of counterfeit bills, and come back for revenge.
    Nagan tells him that as usual Morgan is worried about the wrong things.
    He assures him that he has already taken steps to insure that Mysterio doesn't bother them.
    Nagan then turns their attention back to helping their colleague Chondu, who has been driven
    insane by his inability to cope with the hideous, inhuman body with Nagan created for him.
    The Headmen now plan to transfer Chondu's head onto She-Hulk's body!! Nagan activates a buzz saw, and lowers it towards She-Hulk's neck!

Script and pencils by John Byrne, inks by Bob Wiacek

Just something interesting I found on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/javiercas...68211759878156

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Just something interesting I found on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/javiercas...68211759878156
    Hmmmmm... could be good, but it really depends on who is writing it. If it's Aaron... I got a bad feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Hmmmmm... could be good, but it really depends on who is writing it. If it's Aaron... I got a bad feeling.
    I think it's for History of the Marvel Universe, so it will be done by Mark Waid.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Early solicitation for Avengers #24

AVENGERS #24
    JASON AARON (W) • STEFANO CASELLI (A/C)
    THE CHALLENGE OF THE GHOST RIDERS!

If the Avengers thought one Ghost Rider was tough to deal with, wait’ll they see how many Spirits of Vengeance have just been unleashed by the King of Hell, Johnny Blaze! Including the craziest, most powerful Rider of them all…That’s right, it’s the Avengers vs. Cosmic Ghost Rider!

32 PGS./RATED T+ …$3.99

And on Wednesday…
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

AVENGERS #24

If the Avengers thought one Ghost Rider was tough to deal with, wait’ll they see how many Spirits of Vengeance have just been unleashed by the King of Hell, Johnny Blaze! Including the craziest, most powerful Rider of them all…That’s right, it’s the Avengers vs. Cosmic Ghost Rider!

32 PGS./RATED T+ …$3.99

And on Wednesday…
    Super Saiyan She-Hulk .

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Great moment of She-Hulk telling her cousin that they're not monsters in The-Incredible-Hulk #282.

AVENGERS #24

32 PGS./RATED T+ …$3.99
    That cover is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Great moment of She-Hulk telling her cousin that they're not monsters in The-Incredible-Hulk #282.

It is a great moment, plus you have Sal Buscema recreating panels by his brother John, which is cool too.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Classic She-Hulk on the cover of MARVEL COMICS #1001 by Rod Reis.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Classic She-Hulk on the cover of MARVEL COMICS #1001 by Rod Reis.

She-Hulk always looks good in purple .

if Thor and She-Hulk have kids will they be the strongest there is?
    The J-man

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh hey, She-Hulk takes center stage in the preview for Avengers #20.

To quote what I said to some friends elsewhere.

Well, at least Aaron seems to acknowledge the criticisms of She-Hulk, but I got the feeling, he's going so over the top with "MURDER" to purposely paint criticism as being an overreaction to his own work. He did something similar with Thor #5 a while back when Jane was Thor. I reviewed that issue and didn't think much of it, but in hindsight... it was definitely an author taking shots at his critics.
    Some of which, yeah... were pretty bad.
    Though after stuff with Chelsea Cain, its no longer cute or amusing when writers take pot shots at the audience or critics. ^^;
    Am I overthinking a preview?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh hey, She-Hulk takes center stage in the preview for Avengers #20.

To quote what I said to some friends elsewhere.
    The criticisms of current Jen feel so on-point that I have to think there's a swerve in there somewhere.

I mean, just even having the two versions next to each other is pretty telling to be honest.

I think its been super clear that She-Hulk is going through an arc here. Aaron's made it obvious since day one she's dealing with something new and working through everything. Interested to see where she ends up
    The J-man

This scene is clearly taking place in Jen’s mind with her different personas acting as the prosecutor and jury. How much you wanna bet Jen herself is the judge? It will however be annoying if nothing comes of this scene considering it’s showing that Aaron is aware of and acknowledges the things wrong with his use of She-Hulk.