Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

At some point in time, She-Hulk will revert to her standard version but I doubt it will be right away. A few more months? Two years? Will see
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    At some point in time, She-Hulk will revert to her standard version but I doubt it will be right away. A few more months? Two years? Will see
    I think part of the problem here is the fact that Aaron’s not really doing anything with the form other than basically turning Jen into a stand in for Savage Hulk. At that point he’s wasting a great character on a plot that has gone nowhere. Now if she was her usual self normally and went savage when the situation needed bigger guns, it’d be one thing, but with how it has been, Jen might as well not even be there.

A Force Line it drawn

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think part of the problem here is the fact that Aaron’s not really doing anything with the form other than basically turning Jen into a stand in for Savage Hulk. At that point he’s wasting a great character on a plot that has gone nowhere. Now if she was her usual self normally and went savage when the situation needed bigger guns, it’d be one thing, but with how it has been, Jen might as well not even be there.
    I think that's how this is going to shake out with her two sides coming to an "agreement". Comics don't really completely reset characters much these days. I think Immortal Hulk is redefining the character in ways that will stick like Swamp Thing. That includes Betty and Rick as well. She Hulk/"Hulk" will return to being the well adjusted Hulk with Hulk out tendencies.

Oh, she's totally gone Savage Hulk, but I still think it could be building to something. Jen's commented on the change in two to 3 issues. She's been working with T'Challa and Strange on it. We just saw her talk about it with Thor's mom in the most recent issue. So I still see this as a side story arc Aaron is taking her on that spanned 4 or 5 stories so far. Whether this actually has any lasting impact on the character or provides any growth (I doubt it), but will wait and see.

I personally feel like this is R&D for a live action version of She-Hulk. Marvel is probably thinking about bringing her to the MCU in some way, but they are wondering if mainstream audiences want her to be like Hulk or traditional She-Hulk and whether they'll get blowback one way or another.
    The J-man

Incredible Member

I personally feel like this is R&D for a live action version of She-Hulk. Marvel is probably thinking about bringing her to the MCU in some way, but they are wondering if mainstream audiences want her to be like Hulk or traditional She-Hulk and whether they'll get blowback one way or another.
    This shouldn't even be up for debate, She-Hulk works because it's a female power fantasy the MCU is basically already nothing but tortured female characters, Wanda, Carol, Jessica Jones, and Natasha maybe we could use a brake from that?

Incredible Member

Oh, she's totally gone Savage Hulk, but I still think it could be building to something. Jen's commented on the change in two to 3 issues. She's been working with T'Challa and Strange on it. We just saw her talk about it with Thor's mom in the most recent issue. So I still see this as a side story arc Aaron is taking her on that spanned 4 or 5 stories so far. Whether this actually has any lasting impact on the character or provides any growth (I doubt it), but will wait and see.

I think it's a no win situation. For some, She Hulk is a "male gaze" character, not to be taken seriously as a hero, but only as eye candy for males. Or she's an Over The Top fetish "Hulk With Boobs". Or she's a "Fun" character.... also not to be taken seriously and serves as eye candy amazon on a super team. She did lead A Force... and they inevitably did a story where she went full Hulk anyways. I think what Aaron is doing is clumsy, but he's doing a "Who Is The She Hulk" narrative. That's why I think the final result will be a hybrid of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I think it's a no win situation. For some, She Hulk is a "male gaze" character, not to be taken seriously as a hero, but only as eye candy for males. Or she's an Over The Top fetish "Hulk With Boobs". Or she's a "Fun" character.... also not to be taken seriously and serves as eye candy amazon on a super team. She did lead A Force... and they inevitably did a story where she went full Hulk anyways. I think what Aaron is doing is clumsy, but he's doing a "Who Is The She Hulk" narrative. That's why I think the final result will be a hybrid of some kind.
    A hybrid honestly feels too "been there, done that" since Bruce already did that.

if Thor and She-Hulk have kids will they be the strongest there is?
    probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh hey, She-Hulk takes center stage in the preview for Avengers #20.

To quote what I said to some friends elsewhere.
    You might be right but I am still interested to see where it goes. Hopefully it won't break as bad as that Thor issue.

I like the little nod's to Jen's past with other She-Hulks Savage, Grey Hulk, Babe of Thunder (which was a gag in Sensational She-hulk #50) Charles Soule's run, Fantastic Four Shulkie and Hulked out Jennifer (outside the current Jen) which could be a nod to To Die and Live in LA arc, Search for She-hulk, Avengers Disassembled or all of the above.

This scene is clearly taking place in Jen’s mind with her different personas acting as the prosecutor and jury. How much you wanna bet Jen herself is the judge? It will however be annoying if nothing comes of this scene considering it’s showing that Aaron is aware of and acknowledges the things wrong with his use of She-Hulk.
    She is there are two more pages to the preview.

I think that's how this is going to shake out with her two sides coming to an "agreement". Comics don't really completely reset characters much these days. I think Immortal Hulk is redefining the character in ways that will stick like Swamp Thing. That includes Betty and Rick as well. She Hulk/"Hulk" will return to being the well adjusted Hulk with Hulk out tendencies.
    It looks that way. Going by the covers for the next arc. She looks more her normal self but with this current persona pupiless eyes. So she maybe stronger that before but with control but tap into that explosive strength when needed.

I am interested to see where it is going.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A hybrid honestly feels too "been there, done that" since Bruce already did that.
    Going back to Standard She Hulk is pretty much been there done that. Of course She Hulk could still be "fun" no matter what she looked like.

All-New Member

I fear that budgetary concerns are going to ultimately dictate the form of She-Hulk we end up with in a live-action show. She will very likely be a taller, slightly more muscular Gamora, because that's a heck of a lot easier to film than some enormous hulking female figure that requires a lot of prosthetics and/or CGI.
    Last edited by ShulkieFan; 06-22-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Going back to Standard She Hulk is pretty much been there done that. Of course She Hulk could still be "fun" no matter what she looked like.
    At least it's a "been there, done that" that's her own .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Bruce in Endgame was basically what Amadeus is in the current comics. But that SHOULD be the norm for Jennifer. An intelligent less muscular Hulk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Great moment of She-Hulk telling her cousin that they're not monsters in The-Incredible-Hulk #282.

If they ever do a live action She-Hulk I hope it will have a scene like this one. I would have Mark Ruffalo on his knees and in tears before Jen comforts him.

For a second I thought someone on this board wrote the dialogue for these panels.
    It seems Jen is often on the stand justifying her existence in one form or another.
    Here's hoping regular Jen will return.