Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well, my She-Hulk article has been posted. This will be the final thing I say on this topic until it is actually relevant or to be brought in the actual comic itself.

todesco cover

Wowww, that cover is fantastic!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wowww, that cover is fantastic!
    It is indeed an amazing cover... and amusingly ignores what Aaron is doing.

Aaron: I have changed She-Hulk in a way that makes her more interesting and unique! She will be taken seriously, seen less as fan service, and-

Marvel: Hey everybody! Check out our new alternate cover for Marvel Comics #1000 where we show classic, fit She-Hulk as all the guys are in awe or in love with her.

Aaron: ...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

todesco cover
    Not even interested in "Marvel #1000000000000 + whatever DC's on", but I'll order this variant, for sure. I love it so much, she looks great and Spider-Man's blatant hearts are just perfect for me!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It is indeed an amazing cover... and amusingly ignores what Aaron is doing.

Aaron: I have changed She-Hulk in a way that makes her more interesting and unique! She will be taken seriously, seen less as fan service, and-

Marvel: Hey everybody! Check out our new alternate cover for Marvel Comics #1000 where we show classic, fit She-Hulk as all the guys are in awe or in love with her.

Aaron: ...
    It's retro 80s (sweatband, bracelets, walkman) with guys in the back getting sweaty (Hulk wolf-whistling his cousin... erm...) She Hulk as Sex Symbol. If you want to go Back To The Future, it's a fun cover. Actually her current form has been showing up in various Marvel books (before WOTR), so the direction remains consistent for now. Artists tend to draw SH as they want; the next artist also did the covers suggesting a more toned down version.

BANNED

Can't they even have a normal she hulk cover? Why is the hulk being weird in the back, she's your cousin mang c'mooon

I mean.... I don't look at that image and say "Hulk sure is lusting after She-Hulk." If anything, he looks in awe of her.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

He looks more confused than anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Can't they even have a normal she hulk cover? Why is the hulk being weird in the back, she's your cousin mang c'mooon
    I don't get what you guys are seeing? It's pretty obvious he's not lusting after her but is looking at her with some surprise and awe. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone but Spider-Man is. There's a reason why Spider-Man is the only one with visible hearts around him.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday John Lindley Byrne!!!

Fantastic Four #268 Jul 1984
    "The Masque of Doom!"
    The Fantastic Four check in on Sue Richards, who is recovering after the miscarriage of her second child.
    As Reed and Sue come to terms with this recent loss -- Alicia, Johnny, and She-Hulk also reflect on recent events.
    While outside Sue's doctor, Dr. Lansing, thanks Michael Morbius, Walter Langkowski and Bruce Banner for helping the best they could.
    Banner cannot help but mention that the only salvation for Sue's baby came from the villainous Doctor Octopus,
    whose insanity delayed Reed for too long, resulting in the loss of his child. Hearing this, Doctor Octopus lashes out against his foes,
    prompting Banner to transform into the Hulk. The Hulk is about to battle Doctor Octopus when Reed steps in and handles the situation on his own.
    Richards calmly tells Octavius that he is going to voluntarily return himself to custody, otherwise he will not rest until he is brought back to justice.
    Seeing something in Richards eyes causes Octavius to relent and he agrees to the wishes of Mister Fantastic.
    Satisfied with Otto's response, Reed leaves him in the care of Dr. Lansing. Just then Johnny
    and She-Hulk are getting ready to leave so Johnny can show her around the Baxter Building.
    Reed agrees with this course of action, telling Johnny that he can program She-Hulk to be recognized as a member of the team for the security system.

Going to the roof of the hospital, Johnny summons a Fantasti-Car with his signal belt and the two are soon off to the Baxter Building.
    Along the way, Johnny inquires about She-Hulk's past. He is surprised when she is very candid about about her true identity and her origins:
    That she was a California lawyer named Jennifer Walters, cousin to Bruce Banner, who agreed to put up her wayward
    cousin during a period in which he could not control his transformations into the Hulk and needed refuge from the law.
    At the time Jennifer was dealing in a court case that involved the mob.
    The mobsters she was after did not appreciate this and organized to have Jen shot.
    With her life on the line, Jennifer was saved by a much needed blood transfusion by her cousin who quickly left thereafter.
    When the mob came to finish the job later on in the hospital, Jen was shocked when she suddenly transformed into the She-Hulk for the first time.
    She remarks that unlike her cousin, she can control her transformations and maintains her original personality and intellect when she becomes the She-Hulk.

She finishes her life story by telling Johnny briefly of her joining the Avengers when they land on the roof of the Baxter Building.
    Inside, Johnny shows She-Hulk around, including one of a series of buttons used in case of emergency that can jam any signal coming
    from outside of the Baxter Building, and the private elevators that are operated by their special belt buckles.
    He then shows Jen a secret room where the Fantastic Four keep their "trophies", powerful weapons and inventions confiscated
    during their various adventures to ensure their safe keeping. Among all these items is the mask worn by Doctor Doom
    when he seemingly perished during the Fantastic Four's recent battle against him and Tyros the Tamer.

As the pair leave the room they are unaware that the eyes on the Doom mask have begun to glow.

At that moment at the home of "Reed and Sue Benjamin" in Belle Porte, Connecticut, local gossip
    Alma Chalmers is trying to peek into the window of the new family that has moved into the neighborhood.
    She is caught red-handed by Alice Winchell who is out with her son Danny, who scolds her for being a snoop.

Back at the Baxter Building, Johnny and Jen are having coffee together talking about business when suddenly the alarm goes off.
    Rushing to the trophy room they find that something has blasted the door off the hinges.
    Going inside, they find that the mask appears to have been taken.
    While looking for clues they are caught off guard when they are attacked by the mask itself, which has appeared to take on a life of its own.
    The pair dodge the eye beams of the mask and its various other defenses but fail in trying to destroy it.

When they try to exit the trophy room they are forced back by a powerful wind. When She-Hulk tries to rush it as hard as she can,

the powerful force suddenly stops, sending She-Hulk charging right out of the window and plummeting to the ground below.
    At that moment, Reed has returned to the headquarters and arrives just as Johnny is being attacked anew by the mask.
    Trying to fight the mask himself, Reed discovers that it is more than a match for any of them.
    Quickly realizing that it must be controlled by remote, he stretches over to one of the emergency buttons and quickly presses it.
    With all outside signals now cut off, the Doom mask suddenly falls to the ground totally inert.

In the aftermath of the battle, Reed explains that the mask came to life due to a signal being sent to it and not a pre-programmed attack.
    With the Latverian embassy denying the apparent death of Doctor Doom, Reed is left to wonder who it was that initiated this attack and if, in fact, Doctor Doom is still alive.

Story & art by John Byrne https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...rthday-salute/

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    It's retro 80s (sweatband, bracelets, walkman) with guys in the back getting sweaty
    Was gonna point this out until you did.
    (Hulk wolf-whistling his cousin... erm...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Why is the hulk being weird in the back, she's your cousin mang c'mooon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean.... I don't look at that image and say "Hulk sure is lusting after She-Hulk." If anything, he looks in awe of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    He looks more confused than anything lol
    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    It's pretty obvious he's not lusting after her but is looking at her with some surprise and awe.
    And Bruce is in Mr. Fixit mode who has a… different personality, to put it mildly.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

todesco cover
    Great cover.
    I like the main cover of Marvel Comics#1000 by Alex Ross.But if i get this She Hulk cover instead it will be awesome because it΄s one of my favorite variant covers of #1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And Bruce is in Mr. Fixit mode who has a… different personality, to put it mildly.
    I think I remember Fixit flirting with She-Hulk or interacting with her at some point, but I can't put my finger on it.

todesco cover
    A great cover, very nice. I only hope we get this version of Jen back for keeps someday rather than current Oaf Hulk Lite...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."