Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A great cover, very nice. I only hope we get this version of Jen back for keeps someday rather than current Oaf Hulk Lite...
    Well hey, SpOck didn’t last forever and neither did the deaths of certain characters. Old school Jen will be back someday. I’m just hoping that Aaron will at least let’s Jen talk like a normal human being while she’s the hulk. It’s an acceptable compromise for me if he wants to keep her looking ugly so damn badly.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

hm so according to Immortal Hulk She-Hulk is also immortal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well hey, SpOck didn’t last forever and neither did the deaths of certain characters. Old school Jen will be back someday. I’m just hoping that Aaron will at least let’s Jen talk like a normal human being while she’s the hulk. It’s an acceptable compromise for me if he wants to keep her looking ugly so damn badly.
    I'd appreciate it if he could let her talk in complete sentences and let her call herself She-Hulk again.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Deciding to look at Avengers #21... I still don't get what Aaron is trying to say with She-Hulk. Blade is openingly flirting with her regardless, she's flirting back (isn't she with Thor), and she's stripping buck-ass nude in a hot tube while having Tony ogle her. What are trying to say Aaron? That this is better than where she was in the past? I'm not understanding at all!!

BANNED

She hulk's internal monologue being normal while her external speaking style being hulkish is weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Deciding to look at Avengers #21... I still don't get what Aaron is trying to say with She-Hulk. Blade is openingly flirting with her regardless, she's flirting back (isn't she with Thor), and she's stripping buck-ass nude in a hot tube while having Tony ogle her. What are trying to say Aaron? That this is better than where she was in the past? I'm not understanding at all!!
    at this point i don't think hes trying to say anything, and that was just a randomly put together excuse

It does come off very weird her doing that just after all that nonsense last issue.

Maybe he's pulling a Joss Whedon, you know, objectifying women under the guise of empowerment.

Hot Tube Shulk!
    The J-man

It's...not objectifying since she's not conventionally attractive anymore?

That Jen wants to be "free to be ugly" but is fine with receiving the same treatment she did as her old self now because, I dunno, it's fairer?

Beats me.

Do Blade's comments count as hitting on her?

His first line:

"DAMN, THEY COULDN'T HAVE HOSED YOU OFF BEFORE THEY BROUGHT YOU BACK IN FROM WAR OF THE REALMS CLEANUP DUTY? I COULD SMELL THE FROST GIANT BLOOD FROM THREE MILES OUT. HELL. I COULD PRACTICALLY TASTE IT. LUCKY FOR YOU I'M ON MY WAY OUT OR THIS MIGHT GET WEIRD"

I think he was making a joke, but the last sentence is kinda weird so I guess I can understand why Jen might be wondering if he's flirting. She asks for a drink he says no.

InfoGeek is right tho. Isn't she dating Thor? Open relationship?Also that hot tub scene.

I still think this is gonna be temproray and Aaron is taking her through some arc..............but I have no idea what the thought process behind it is anymore. He's giving readers a lot of shock value tho. From that firt Thor kiss to this issue.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    She hulk's internal monologue being normal while her external speaking style being hulkish is weird.
    no, that'a cute

him being the only writer left on this planet who uses thought balloons

that's weird
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    him being the only writer left on this planet who uses thought balloons

TRUE
    Noticed the thought balloons instead of the boxes right away
    Reminded me of bendis' Mighty avengers, though this isn't as intrusive to the flow

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    TRUE
    Noticed the thought balloons instead of the boxes right away
    Reminded me of bendis' Mighty avengers, though this isn't as intrusive to the flow
    Yeah... Brian didn't know how to do it, he just did it to feel classic. Jason knows how to do it, but he could always just use captions. Especially with Caramagna, the caption god, as the letterer, I'd just use captions.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Yeah... Brian didn't know how to do it, he just did it to feel classic. Jason knows how to do it, but he could always just use captions. Especially with Caramagna, the caption god, as the letterer, I'd just use captions.

i remember there being one nice-ish side effect to the thought bubbles, is that when you kinda got used to them, by secret invasion they were gone. It may not have been intentional, but it did leave me a bit uneasy