Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Has anyone read Marvel Comics 1000? I kind of took the She-Hulk page to be a dig at Aaron's version of the character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Has anyone read Marvel Comics 1000? I kind of took the She-Hulk page to be a dig at Aaron's version of the character.
    Mmmmnnn.... I thought the final image was a kind of Amalgam of sorts.... a smiling "Jennifer" Hulk but bulkier than the other images.....

That doesn't really sound like Rainbow Rowell's style.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

While I don't think it was made to be a dig on Aaron's characterization, it does make a strong case against making She-Hulk a pure derivative instead of focusing on her own accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Mmmmnnn.... I thought the final image was a kind of Amalgam of sorts.... a smiling "Jennifer" Hulk but bulkier than the other images.....
    I didn't think of it as an amalgam as pre-Celestial She-Hulk has been that big before and it was more of an artist style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Read the annual. Is this a way to have a back up she hulk when they want to dump Aaron's she hulk?
    Possible, however that version would only have the memories of when she downloaded them so she would be losing some time if that version would replace the current one. I would prefer the og She-Hulk to continue her training to gain control of herself.

BANNED

Okay, I've got to confess about my concerns regarding the upcoming She-Hulk series on Disney+.

I hate what the MCU has done to A LOT of my favorite characters. So, that being said, when I heard that Disney+ was doing a She-Hulk series… well, I felt a deep dread enter my stomach. It’s bad enough that Kevin Feige, the Russo Brothers, Stephen McFeeley, Christopher Markus and Taika Waititi absolutely disgraced, ruined, emasculated, destroyed, and utterly **** all over the character of Bruce Banner/The Hulk (including butchering one of, if not THE, greatest Hulk story of all-time in PLANET HULK).

They took away the power, ferocity, savagery, darkness and identity of the Hulk; the unstoppable nature of an immortal being who is rage, wrath, power and vengeance incarnate. They also belittled, demeaned, and disrespected the intelligence of Bruce Banner, who is one of the most intelligent beings in the Marvel; turning him into a goofball sidekick/assistant to Tony Stark and Thor & being disrespected by a young upstart punk kid in Shuri.

Worst of all, they took away what made Banner/Hulk unique: Their duality and the tragedy of the character.

So what’re they gonna do with She-Hulk/Jen Walters? They gonna turn her into an ugly, overly muscular, 3rd-Person-Speaking ripoff of her cousin (much like Mariko Tamaki & Jason Aaron have done)? Are they going to make up some kind of bullshit, like she’s stronger or better than her cousin to fit the current MCU trend that women are superior to men in every way rather than all heroes (regardless of gender, race, religion, politics, etc.) being equals and having flaws like we all do? Are they going to take away everything that makes Jen Walters/She-Hulk so fun, amazing, unique, powerful and interesting as a character? Are they going to diminish, belittle, demean and disgrace her feminine beauty and snarky intelligence?

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they did do such atrocities to a great character. They’ve done it to many others in the MCU, so what’s stopping them from doing it to She-Hulk/Jen Walters? Nothing. And the ignorant masses will just eat it up, as per usual when it comes to the MCU. Way I look at it, and to quote George Carlin, much like humanity, the MCU is slowly circling the drain.

Do I hope to be wrong? Yes. Will I be? Well, honestly, looking at the state that the MCU is in…. Yeah, I’m not feeling too optimistic. I miss films like Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avengers, The Avengers (2012), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Infinity War. These films got me excited, these films I enjoyed, these films made me anticipate what would come, these films made me hope for a franchise that would do justice for all my favorite characters and their respective lores/mythologies/histories and bring about the greatest stories from the comics.

But that didn’t happen. The magic vanished from the MCU. The characters and stories never came to be. And I’m afraid that the same fate will await She-Hulk and any other future character that enters the MCU. Sad, but most likely inevitable. Oh, well. At least I got the comics.

Last edited by Jabare; 08-29-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Okay, I've got to confess about my concerns regarding the upcoming She-Hulk series on Disney+.

I hate what the MCU has done to A LOT of my favorite characters. So, that being said, when I heard that Disney+ was doing a She-Hulk series… well, I felt a deep dread enter my stomach. It’s bad enough that Kevin Feige, the Russo Brothers, Stephen McFeeley, Christopher Markus and Taika Waititi absolutely disgraced, ruined, emasculated, destroyed, and utterly **** all over the character of Bruce Banner/The Hulk (including butchering one of, if not THE, greatest Hulk story of all-time in PLANET HULK).

They took away the power, ferocity, savagery, darkness and identity of the Hulk; the unstoppable nature of an immortal being who is rage, wrath, power and vengeance incarnate. They also belittled, demeaned, and disrespected the intelligence of Bruce Banner, who is one of the most intelligent beings in the Marvel; turning him into a goofball sidekick/assistant to Tony Stark and Thor & being disrespected by a young upstart punk kid in Shuri.

Worst of all, they took away what made Banner/Hulk unique: Their duality and the tragedy of the character.

So what’re they gonna do with She-Hulk/Jen Walters? They gonna turn her into an ugly, overly muscular, 3rd-Person-Speaking ripoff of her cousin (much like Mariko Tamaki & Jason Aaron have done)? Are they going to make up some kind of bullshit, like she’s stronger or better than her cousin to fit the current MCU trend that women are superior to men in every way rather than all heroes (regardless of gender, race, religion, politics, etc.) being equals and having flaws like we all do? Are they going to take away everything that makes Jen Walters/She-Hulk so fun, amazing, unique, powerful and interesting as a character? Are they going to diminish, belittle, demean and disgrace her feminine beauty and snarky intelligence?

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they did do such atrocities to a great character. They’ve done it to many others in the MCU, so what’s stopping them from doing it to She-Hulk/Jen Walters? Nothing. And the ignorant masses will just eat it up, as per usual when it comes to the MCU. Way I look at it, and to quote George Carlin, much like humanity, the MCU is slowly circling the drain.

Do I hope to be wrong? Yes. Will I be? Well, honestly, looking at the state that the MCU is in…. Yeah, I’m not feeling too optimistic. I miss films like Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avengers, The Avengers (2012), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Infinity War. These films got me excited, these films I enjoyed, these films made me anticipate what would come, these films made me hope for a franchise that would do justice for all my favorite characters and their respective lores/mythologies/histories and bring about the greatest stories from the comics.

But that didn’t happen. The magic vanished from the MCU. The characters and stories never came to be. And I’m afraid that the same fate will await She-Hulk and any other future character that enters the MCU. Sad, but most likely inevitable. Oh, well. At least I got the comics.
    Eh, MCU is past it's prime anyways. Disney milks past the point that the blood comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Lol, what is that Jen portryal? That's a step back from She-Hulk Annual #1 and Marvel Comics #1000.

She really does come off like a child sometimes...or at least her teammates treat her like one.

I do wonder why in recent months some writers are treating her more like the Hulk and less like the character she's been established as for years now
    The J-man

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

What in the absolute f**k was that?!!?!

I do wonder why in recent months some writers are treating her more like the Hulk and less like the character she's been established as for years now
    Blame jason aaroon awful writing and people following that. Or some cases just reading what say the way she being written without actually reading the issues.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

Unfortunately with Universal having some of the Hulk rights we would never get an actual Planet Hulk movie, I'm happy we at least got Gladitor Hulk. They didn't take away his power it was combined with his smarts, just like Professor Hulk from the comics. He's probably stronger since he stays in his Hulk form. Bruce isn't a sidekick to Tony, they are teammates. Tony, during Age of Ultron, even states he needs Bruce's expertise to finish Vision, that he cannot do it, only Bruce can. Shuri comes from the most advanced technological country in the world of course she's the smarter than Bruce in the field of technology. They didn't disrespect Hulk they managed to give him an arch while being forced to only use him in subplots.

Females are not being depicted as superior to male, they have their own flaws to deal with. We have had 15 solo male lead movies, in teams male characters outnumber female characters, 1 costaring male and female lead, and 1 female solo movie, the trend you might be noticing might be Marvel giving their female characters their due.

Based on the logo using graffiti, I think this interpretation will a more fun, classic take on the character instead of the current one.

I'm sorry that the magic of the MCU has dried up for you and I hope their new releases can change your mind once more.
    *Sigh* Well at least we can add super-hearing to the list of superpowers She-Hulk has now.

Does anyone else want Angie Harmon as She-Hulk? I was done with the MCU crap for a few years now, but I'd watch that if she was She-Hulk.

Amazing Member

Marvel fcking PLEASE, look at the fan reactions and positivity to the she hulk annual and 1000. EVERYONE wants classic Jen back even if you are dead set on making her bulkier, at least get her CHARACTER back.

for the love of god get Aaron off Avengers (his run isn't even that great, don't like what he's doing with ghost rider) and fix his mess, his #20 is one of the WORST issue of comics :/ and dear god does that Strikeforce preview look terrible -_-
    Last edited by voidox; 08-30-2019 at 10:08 AM.