Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Okay, I've got to confess about my concerns regarding the upcoming She-Hulk series on Disney+.

I hate what the MCU has done to A LOT of my favorite characters. So, that being said, when I heard that Disney+ was doing a She-Hulk series… well, I felt a deep dread enter my stomach. It’s bad enough that Kevin Feige, the Russo Brothers, Stephen McFeeley, Christopher Markus and Taika Waititi absolutely disgraced, ruined, emasculated, destroyed, and utterly **** all over the character of Bruce Banner/The Hulk (including butchering one of, if not THE, greatest Hulk story of all-time in PLANET HULK).

They took away the power, ferocity, savagery, darkness and identity of the Hulk; the unstoppable nature of an immortal being who is rage, wrath, power and vengeance incarnate. They also belittled, demeaned, and disrespected the intelligence of Bruce Banner, who is one of the most intelligent beings in the Marvel; turning him into a goofball sidekick/assistant to Tony Stark and Thor & being disrespected by a young upstart punk kid in Shuri.

Worst of all, they took away what made Banner/Hulk unique: Their duality and the tragedy of the character.

So what’re they gonna do with She-Hulk/Jen Walters? They gonna turn her into an ugly, overly muscular, 3rd-Person-Speaking ripoff of her cousin (much like Mariko Tamaki & Jason Aaron have done)? Are they going to make up some kind of bullshit, like she’s stronger or better than her cousin to fit the current MCU trend that women are superior to men in every way rather than all heroes (regardless of gender, race, religion, politics, etc.) being equals and having flaws like we all do? Are they going to take away everything that makes Jen Walters/She-Hulk so fun, amazing, unique, powerful and interesting as a character? Are they going to diminish, belittle, demean and disgrace her feminine beauty and snarky intelligence?

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they did do such atrocities to a great character. They’ve done it to many others in the MCU, so what’s stopping them from doing it to She-Hulk/Jen Walters? Nothing. And the ignorant masses will just eat it up, as per usual when it comes to the MCU. Way I look at it, and to quote George Carlin, much like humanity, the MCU is slowly circling the drain.

Do I hope to be wrong? Yes. Will I be? Well, honestly, looking at the state that the MCU is in…. Yeah, I’m not feeling too optimistic. I miss films like Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avengers, The Avengers (2012), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Infinity War. These films got me excited, these films I enjoyed, these films made me anticipate what would come, these films made me hope for a franchise that would do justice for all my favorite characters and their respective lores/mythologies/histories and bring about the greatest stories from the comics.

But that didn’t happen. The magic vanished from the MCU. The characters and stories never came to be. And I’m afraid that the same fate will await She-Hulk and any other future character that enters the MCU. Sad, but most likely inevitable. Oh, well. At least I got the comics.
    hmm ya, I'm also worried about the she-hulk show especially cause of how big a fan I am of Jennifer. I do agree with most of your points on the whole issue, especially with how the MCU has treated Banner and concerns with how they will treat jen

Honestly, I'm in the basket of really being burnt out of superhero shows/movies and Disney is really going into the milking phase with all these fcking shows/movies one after another, and then all these rumoured shows/movies with just no end in sight. Honestly post-endgame should have had at least a year or two break to give people time to cool off and take in the completion of the epic saga started from Iron Man. Then you can start to ease us back in with new characters and stories as you set up the new MCU.

And most of the planned stuff is really looking meh to me, but then this is going into discussion for another thread so I'll stop here.
    Last edited by voidox; 08-30-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Unfortunately with Universal having some of the Hulk rights we would never get an actual Planet Hulk movie, I'm happy we at least got Gladitor Hulk. They didn't take away his power it was combined with his smarts, just like Professor Hulk from the comics. He's probably stronger since he stays in his Hulk form. Bruce isn't a sidekick to Tony, they are teammates. Tony, during Age of Ultron, even states he needs Bruce's expertise to finish Vision, that he cannot do it, only Bruce can. Shuri comes from the most advanced technological country in the world of course she's the smarter than Bruce in the field of technology. They didn't disrespect Hulk they managed to give him an arch while being forced to only use him in subplots.

Females are not being depicted as superior to male, they have their own flaws to deal with. We have had 15 solo male lead movies, in teams male characters outnumber female characters, 1 costaring male and female lead, and 1 female solo movie, the trend you might be noticing might be Marvel giving their female characters their due.

Based on the logo using graffiti, I think this interpretation will a more fun, classic take on the character instead of the current one.

I'm sorry that the magic of the MCU has dried up for you and I hope their new releases can change your mind once more.

*Sigh* Well at least we can add super-hearing to the list of superpowers She-Hulk has now.
    They made Hulk a weenie. They made Hulk a team player. He's not an outcast and an outsider. He's a celebrity.

And a weenie.

BANNED

Okay, I've got to confess about my concerns regarding the upcoming She-Hulk series on Disney+.

I hate what the MCU has done to A LOT of my favorite characters. So, that being said, when I heard that Disney+ was doing a She-Hulk series… well, I felt a deep dread enter my stomach. It’s bad enough that Kevin Feige, the Russo Brothers, Stephen McFeeley, Christopher Markus and Taika Waititi absolutely disgraced, ruined, emasculated, destroyed, and utterly **** all over the character of Bruce Banner/The Hulk (including butchering one of, if not THE, greatest Hulk story of all-time in PLANET HULK).

They took away the power, ferocity, savagery, darkness and identity of the Hulk; the unstoppable nature of an immortal being who is rage, wrath, power and vengeance incarnate. They also belittled, demeaned, and disrespected the intelligence of Bruce Banner, who is one of the most intelligent beings in the Marvel; turning him into a goofball sidekick/assistant to Tony Stark and Thor & being disrespected by a young upstart punk kid in Shuri.

Worst of all, they took away what made Banner/Hulk unique: Their duality and the tragedy of the character.

So what’re they gonna do with She-Hulk/Jen Walters? They gonna turn her into an ugly, overly muscular, 3rd-Person-Speaking ripoff of her cousin (much like Mariko Tamaki & Jason Aaron have done)? Are they going to make up some kind of bullshit, like she’s stronger or better than her cousin to fit the current MCU trend that women are superior to men in every way rather than all heroes (regardless of gender, race, religion, politics, etc.) being equals and having flaws like we all do? Are they going to take away everything that makes Jen Walters/She-Hulk so fun, amazing, unique, powerful and interesting as a character? Are they going to diminish, belittle, demean and disgrace her feminine beauty and snarky intelligence?

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they did do such atrocities to a great character. They’ve done it to many others in the MCU, so what’s stopping them from doing it to She-Hulk/Jen Walters? Nothing. And the ignorant masses will just eat it up, as per usual when it comes to the MCU. Way I look at it, and to quote George Carlin, much like humanity, the MCU is slowly circling the drain.

Do I hope to be wrong? Yes. Will I be? Well, honestly, looking at the state that the MCU is in…. Yeah, I’m not feeling too optimistic. I miss films like Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avengers, The Avengers (2012), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Infinity War. These films got me excited, these films I enjoyed, these films made me anticipate what would come, these films made me hope for a franchise that would do justice for all my favorite characters and their respective lores/mythologies/histories and bring about the greatest stories from the comics.

But that didn’t happen. The magic vanished from the MCU. The characters and stories never came to be. And I’m afraid that the same fate will await She-Hulk and any other future character that enters the MCU. Sad, but most likely inevitable. Oh, well. At least I got the comics.
    I will give you the previous two Avengers films, but Hulk’s appearance in Thor Ragnrok felt more like a mixture of his Planets Hulk tale and his Defenders moments.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    They made Hulk a weenie. They made Hulk a team player. He's not an outcast and an outsider. He's a celebrity.

And a weenie.
    I will have to disagree on Hulk being a weenie or at least very least he is a very tough weenie. MCU Hulk casually takes out Loki, a god. Hulk punches Ultron Prime skyhigh. Hulk goes undefeated in a gladiator competition for 2 years from opponents across the universe. He's a threat to full power Surter, the guy who can obliterate Asgard. He's able to tank using the Infinity stones, without a proper infinity gauntlet, on an universal scale and then holds up a building after tanking said damage plus missiles from Thanos' ship.

Hulk is barely a team player, Cap orders Hulk to be himself in the first Avengers instead of helping out the team, he punches Thor when he shares a quiet moment with the Thunderer, after saving Tony he throws Iron Man off him instead of laying him down. Hulk straight up quits the team to outcast himself during Age of Ultron and doesn't cooperate with Banner during Infinity War. Only after long therapy sessions and sharing a common source of grief with his teammates does he become a team player. All of Hulk's time on the Defenders, the Avengers, his short time on the Fantastic Four, the Pantheon, and the Warbound, I find it hard to believe he was never in a circumstance where he was a team player. Hulk is a celebrity in the comics too, despite the hate and bad press he gets he has his own fanbase, merchandise, etc.

Incredible Member

Ehhhh Hulk Fans I swear to God sometimes..... I'm enjoying the hell out of Immortal Hulk, but no way can they do this take without going 'R' .... too dark, too much body horror and Hulk outright murders people. MCU Hulk is really an update on Bill Bixby's with a higher powerset and more of a Dadbod than supercut bodybuilder. It's the end result of Marvel/Perlmutter shortsighted deals made with Universal that we'll never get proper adaptations of Planet Hulk. So Thor Ragnarok was as good as it could get. As for She Hulk.... I'm sure they're going to base a lot of it on Dan Slott/Charles Soule approach which always had a made for TV vibe. As for her look.... while I would like to see her jacked in the name of body diversity and watching heads explode It's almost certain they'll go for something less controversial. This is Disney after all. The transformations will be simply be her growing taller and greener while keeping her clothes on. That infamous transformation in the 90s Hulk cartoon would be too hot.... And it still is.....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    Marvel fcking PLEASE, look at the fan reactions and positivity to the she hulk annual and 1000. EVERYONE wants classic Jen back even if you are dead set on making her bulkier, at least get her CHARACTER back.

for the love of god get Aaron off Avengers (his run isn't even that great, don't like what he's doing with ghost rider) and fix his mess, his #20 is one of the WORST issue of comics :/ and dear god does that Strikeforce preview look terrible -_-
    I place a lot of blame on Cebulski, the direction he's taking with Marvel is an overly dower 90's tone and it's basically making me give up on comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I place a lot of blame on Cebulski, the direction he's taking with Marvel is an overly dower 90's tone and it's basically making me give up on comics.
    did you mean dour?
    plus outside of a few books i don't know if there is a dour theme, atleast not in in the avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    Honestly post-endgame should have had at least a year or two break to give people time to cool off and take in the completion of the epic saga started from Iron Man. Then you can start to ease us back in with new characters and stories as you set up the new MCU.
    I mean, Black Widow isn't until May. That's almost a year off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

And a weenie.
    I mean, Hulk is indeed more of a solo player but under the condition where they cannnot do Hulk solo movies, they can only really squeeze him into Avengers and Thor.
    But Jen doesn't need to face that kind of compromise since she is already more active in teams like Avengers and she can have a show for her solo stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Ehhhh Hulk Fans I swear to God sometimes..... I'm enjoying the hell out of Immortal Hulk, but no way can they do this take without going 'R' .... too dark, too much body horror and Hulk outright murders people. MCU Hulk is really an update on Bill Bixby's with a higher powerset and more of a Dadbod than supercut bodybuilder. It's the end result of Marvel/Perlmutter shortsighted deals made with Universal that we'll never get proper adaptations of Planet Hulk. So Thor Ragnarok was as good as it could get. As for She Hulk.... I'm sure they're going to base a lot of it on Dan Slott/Charles Soule approach which always had a made for TV vibe. As for her look.... while I would like to see her jacked in the name of body diversity and watching heads explode It's almost certain they'll go for something less controversial. This is Disney after all. The transformations will be simply be her growing taller and greener while keeping her clothes on. That infamous transformation in the 90s Hulk cartoon would be too hot.... And it still is.....
    It would be cool to see her and Matt Murdoch interact in the court room. Although, I want to see her diversity of friends to include Peter Parker as well because that would be a goldmine.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    As for her look.... while I would like to see her jacked in the name of body diversity and watching heads explode It's almost certain they'll go for something less controversial. This is Disney after all. The transformations will be simply be her growing taller and greener while keeping her clothes on. That infamous transformation in the 90s Hulk cartoon would be too hot.... And it still is.....
    That transformation was good, but I also liked the one while she had the job interview in the 2007 Fantastic Four animated series. You are probably right that the transformations will be quick and simple for the sake of running time and budget. A prolonged transformation scene will have everyone around Jen checking their watches or grabbing a quick bite to eat until she is finished LOL! If they can give us just one good live action transformation, and then brief ones afterwards, then I'll be happy.

Here is a brief wish list of things I would like to see in the live action She-Hulk series:
    1. One good transformation scene
    2. Strong supporting cast with classic characters like Wyatt, Weezi or Pug
    3. A "Frenemy" relationship with Titania
    4. One scene where she tells a teary eyed Mark Ruffalo that he had given her a gift
    5. A Red She-Hulk storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    That transformation was good, but I also liked the one while she had the job interview in the 2007 Fantastic Four animated series. You are probably right that the transformations will be quick and simple for the sake of running time and budget. A prolonged transformation scene will have everyone around Jen checking their watches or grabbing a quick bite to eat until she is finished LOL! If they can give us just one good live action transformation, and then brief ones afterwards, then I'll be happy.

Here is a brief wish list of things I would like to see in the live action She-Hulk series:
    1. One good transformation scene
    2. Strong supporting cast with classic characters like Wyatt, Weezi or Pug
    3. A "Frenemy" relationship with Titania
    4. One scene where she tells a teary eyed Mark Ruffalo that he had given her a gift
    5. A Red She-Hulk storyline
    I think her initial transformation will probably be more elaborate but she'll probably have the more instantaneous transformations she's known for once she gets a handle on it.

Although...she might actually be She-Hulk for a good length of the series considering Jen's issues with preferring her She-Hulk form to Jen.

has anything happened with these gamma bomb punches hinted at a while back?

BANNED

There’s going to be trouble if they try to mess with her origin... https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-disney-...change-origin/

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I definitely felt that Alexandra Petri's writing was more approachable than Jason Aaron's.