Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast

I'm guessing this is Jason Aaron's attempt to meet fans halfway.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm guessing this is Jason Aaron's attempt to meet fans halfway.
    That feels less like meeting us halfway and more like coming across as a hypocrite. Like he’s saying she can’t be sexy unless it’s on his terms. Feels especially weird after that one Avengers issue where he basically went the entire thing going on and on about how she’s objectified.

Incredible Member

Unless somebody is getting hard looking at her new costume, is this really more sexual than as some have noted, Big Barda's outfit she wore before her body armor? Or Wonder Woman's?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Unless somebody is getting hard looking at her new costume, is this really more sexual than as some have noted, Big Barda's outfit she wore before her body armor? Or Wonder Woman's?
    It is a bit more since it does show more skin. Also, it's not as equally comparable since She-Hulk went from a reasonable costume to this while Big Barda started in something skimpy and went to her current, most iconic form. Wonder Woman's current attire also covers more.

Plus, again, when Aaron makes a huge deal about being objectified and sexualized, it feels rather weird for him to push her to dress down instead of up.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

To me, it's not even so much about the sexualization (I don't even believe fictional clothes are sexualized per se, it's all about how you portray them)... it's just that this new design looks ugly. I don't think any other character using it would make me think otherwise. It's just a very uninspiring look in comparison to previous ones and I hope it only lasts for this cosmic arc.

Design looks meh, but good lord, can Jen at least just talk like a normal human being while being hulked out? That’s literally all I’m asking for.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

the dont sexualize jen thing is mostly aaron and his line of thinking seems to be make her unattractive so even when naked she isnt sexy and you cant sexualize her even if the characters do.

i think

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    the dont sexualize jen thing is mostly aaron and his line of thinking seems to be make her unattractive so even when naked she isnt sexy and you cant sexualize her even if the characters do.

i think
    So then basically Aaron is saying big, homely women can't be sexy? That's bound to go over well.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    You know, thinking about it, in a run where Aaron beat the drum heavily about She-Hulk not being sexualized and being her own woman over and over... so far she has had for characterization being Thor's girlfriend and now will be wearing the skimpiest outfit she has ever worn in her entire career, not to mention the most fetishy. I really don't get She-Hulk anymore.
    Aaron also gave us fully nude She-Hulk right after that big brain issue.

I need a nap.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    So then basically Aaron is saying big, homely women can't be sexy? That's bound to go over well.
    Yes. That FIEND

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Aaron also gave us fully nude She-Hulk right after that big brain issue.
    Nudity can be non-sexual depending on how it it drawn.

So after being a Shulkie fan for four years or so, I finally decided to find myself a copy of The Savage She-Hulk #1! I am so happy with it. One of my all-time favorite comics, which introduced my all-time favorite character. My final payment for the Sideshow statue comes out this month too, so I declare November the month of She-Hulk! She-Hulk #1.jpg

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Design looks meh, but good lord, can Jen at least just talk like a normal human being while being hulked out? That’s literally all I’m asking for.
    Ditto

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    So after being a Shulkie fan for four years or so, I finally decided to find myself a copy of The Savage She-Hulk #1! I am so happy with it. One of my all-time favorite comics, which introduced my all-time favorite character. My final payment for the Sideshow statue comes out this month too, so I declare November the month of She-Hulk! She-Hulk #1.jpg
    Congrats on the comic find and working towards that gorgeous statue!

BANNED

To me, John Buscema never disappointed with his rendition of any marvel character.