Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Classic art by Kieron Dwyer from Avengers Annual #18 (October, 1989).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jennifer Walters' hair color has gotten a lot darker since then.
    Yes and to me it is for the better.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

She-Hulks new costume debuted this week in Avengers #27. Looks like there's some functions to Shulkie's new fashion, since T'challa helped design it, it helps harness her gamma energy to hopefully restrain the exploding side-effect of her power up. It also comes with a mask to let her breath in outer space, even though her skin and eyes are still exposed to the vacuum of space. Maybe the costume is producing a force field around them or we can chalk it up to the mysterious power up from the Celestials.

Jen thinks there's some connection between her and Starbrand because they both went crazy and exploded at the final host happening. The timeline still doesn't exactly line up as Jen was shown to be scarred of transforming before the Celestials arrived in those first couple of issues.

Carol calls Shulkie "Darling" for I believe a second time during this this run, the wording is a bit fancy for my personal military persona of Cap. Marvel but its nice seeing the two so close. It makes their upcoming dual to the death extra heartbreaking.

Giving Jen her own thought balloons continues to have mixed results for me. On one hand I really appreciate giving Jen more room to express her feelings on the other hand She-Hulk is left with just the "RRGHH!"s and "HHgrh"s when before she would at least say a sentence and was trying to joke around. If this continues, I worry She-Hulk will start to feel more like the team's pet or something on par with Robbie's car than a team member.

I'm waiting for someone to make a Mortal Kombat reference with the new costume .

Incredible Member

I thought she looked sexy as hell in that outfit, big muscles and all... wait am I supposed to feel that way now? So confusing....

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I thought she looked sexy as hell in that outfit, big muscles and all... wait am I supposed to feel that way now? So confusing....
    I'm not offended by the outfit but I'm surprised that it was... green-lit (pun) with all the skin exposure. But maybe it will catch on. we'll see? (eventually, I'm still hoping for something else).

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Now this is encouraging:

Moon Knight, Ms Marvel & She-Hulk Coming to Disney+ Sooner Than You Think:

https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-marv...-arriving-soon

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    Now this is encouraging:

Moon Knight, Ms Marvel & She-Hulk Coming to Disney+ Sooner Than You Think:

https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-marv...-arriving-soon
    Long as it turns out good and not rushed, looking forward to it!

All-New Member

Not a big fan of the latest version in The Avgengers or the new costume. Would like to see a return to the fun character.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohhnyT View Post
    Not a big fan of the latest version in The Avgengers or the new costume. Would like to see a return to the fun character.
    I know. I really miss that version of her too. Based on what I've been seeing from some people lately, I really don't hope that this new version of Jen was created with the intention to "fix her oversexualized, ditzy, lame joke of a character." as if even John Byrne's best efforts to have made Jen into a more interesting and endearing character aren't worth respecting. Hope this doesn't lead some people to unfoundedly conclude that her 80s/90s characterization was bad without having given her character a chance.

https://www.deviantart.com/ishikahir...Hulk-756559653

Future Fight - She-Hulk
    by IshikaHiruma

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

https://www.deviantart.com/ishikahir...Hulk-756559653

Future Fight - She-Hulk
    by IshikaHiruma
    Nice look .

Something interesting is being reprinted under the Empyre title.

TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE – SHE-HULK #1
    Reprinting Savage She-Hulk (1980) #1
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Something interesting is being reprinted under the Empyre title.

TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE – SHE-HULK #1
    Reprinting Savage She-Hulk (1980) #1
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00
    This is odd, because AFAIK Jennifer is not related to the Kree, the Skrulls, the Cotati or Hulkling (except the "Hulk" in the name).

Since it will obviously be a cosmic event, may I still hope for a ... Reckoning?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    This is odd, because AFAIK Jennifer is not related to the Kree, the Skrulls, the Cotati or Hulkling (except the "Hulk" in the name).
    Maybe it's in reference to her various encounters with the Skrulls while with the FF (during the wedding of Black Bolt and Medusa, and with the crossover with the Avengers), and with Super-Skrull during Secret Invasion.

And Jen appears on the cover of Captain Marvel #16.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

To me, when it comes to the look for the comicbook character She-Hulk, the purple color or navy-blue color dominating the color white is preferable.