Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    I love the first line in that article:

"Jennifer Walters is everything that's good about comics."

#1 is the best place for her.
    Greatest Marvel female hero (tied with Jessica Drew), imo! Monica Rambeau is a close second!

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Dwayne Glenn McDuffie!!!

Sensational She-Hulk in Ceremony #1 1989
    Part 1 of 2
    She-Hulk thinks she hears her biological clock ticking--and the sound raises some serious questions:

is it a family she wants, or just the love of the right man?;

Is it even responsible for a woman in her line of work to have a family?

Script by Dwayne McDuffie (plot, script) and Robin D. Chaplik (plot), pencils by June Brigman, inks by Stan Drake.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vds409F7Ag
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...DwayneMcDuffie
    https://www.comiccrusaders.com/archi...cduffie-award/

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, individual perspectives and all that, but to me she came off like she had brain damage and Luke and Jessica treated her like a child like Danielle is.

And this is a grown woman who once actually went out with Cage himself.

It honestly surprises me that a female writer like Kelly Thompson would handle her like this.
    Foooooound it. Ooof.

Jessica Jones 03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, individual perspectives and all that, but to me she came off like she had brain damage and Luke and Jessica treated her like a child like Danielle is.

And this is a grown woman who once actually went out with Cage himself.

It honestly surprises me that a female writer like Kelly Thompson would handle her like this.
    Sadly I think all of the Marvel writers and editors feel like they're being feminist and progressive for basically turning her into a pale imitation of the Banner Hulk, when the traditional interpretation that was etched in stone by John Bryne and fleshed out by Slott and others fits what they claim to believe way more.

I guess because being sexy isn't feminist anymore that had to go and with that went away everything that made Jennifer who she was as a consequence. :/

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Sadly I think all of the Marvel writers and editors feel like they're being feminist and progressive for basically turning her into a pale imitation of the Banner Hulk, when the traditional interpretation that was etched in stone by John Bryne and fleshed out by Slott and others fits what they claim to believe way more.

I guess because being sexy isn't feminist anymore that had to go and with that went away everything that made Jennifer who she was as a consequence. :/
    I don't think it's that at all.

I don't think they think they're being feminist or progressive with this because there's no way this can be that at all. To be honest, I don't know what they're thinking. They're being or trying to be so forward thinking with all of their female characters that when you look at She-Hulk, you got to question what the hell is going through their heads.

She-Hulk already a perfectly good feminist and progressive character. An intelligent character with a successful career as a lawyer and superhero, confident in who she was and what she wanted to be, very inspirational, didn't have needless baggage, used her wits and smarts just as often as she used her strength to solve problems, and more.

The writers have removed her intelligence, her confidence, her lawyer side (it's mentioned on occasion now), gave her a ton of baggage, removed all her wits and smarts, made her a dumb brute that's mostly just a parody of the Hulk with her dialogue, and made her second biggest trait being someone's girlfriend. This is regressive and kind of sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I don't think they think they're being feminist or progressive with this because there's no way this can be that at all. To be honest, I don't know what they're thinking. They're being or trying to be so forward thinking with all of their female characters that when you look at She-Hulk, you got to question what the hell is going through their heads.

She-Hulk already a perfectly good feminist and progressive character. An intelligent character with a successful career as a lawyer and superhero, confident in who she was and what she wanted to be, very inspirational, didn't have needless baggage, used her wits and smarts just as often as she used her strength to solve problems, and more.

The writers have removed her intelligence, her confidence, her lawyer side (it's mentioned on occasion now), gave her a ton of baggage, removed all her wits and smarts, made her a dumb brute that's mostly just a parody of the Hulk with her dialogue, and made her second biggest trait being someone's girlfriend. This is regressive and kind of sexist.
    That's why I said what I said.

The writers and editors are trying to be so progressive and feminist with all of their female characters that the vast majority of them have seen significant changes in their appearance and/or personality the last few years.

They looked at their feminist, progressive She-Hulk, one who was successful, confident, inspirational, and was every bit of intelligent as she was strong, and decided she was just as backwards as the rest of their female cast. I suspect it was because of her looks but who knows it could be for any reason(s).

So they turned her into a female version of the Hulk, believing that somehow makes her better. They don't realize that all they've done is regress the character into something she never was meant to be in the first place.
    Last edited by macattack; 02-20-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I don't think it's that at all.

And trying to force everybody just calling her "Hulk" just seems doomed to fail as well.

I mean, I can see why they did it for marketing for the Tamaki run but having Jen decide to call herself just "Hulk" and then have everyone start referring to her like that just seems to completely miss the point.

It's like Aaron's trying to do for Jen what he did for Jane Foster by not having her get tied down by a "she" designate in an attempt to be progressive, even though the actual Hulk is still around and active and being called She-Hulk is a big part of who Jen is.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Sensational She-Hulk in Ceremony #2 1989
    Part 2 of 2
    Recently, the She-Hulk accepted a marriage proposal from her long-time friend, Wyatt Wingfoot;
    But when the bride-to-be visits Wyatt's home to meet his family,

she finds herself embroiled in a desperate battle against an obscene force

that seeks to steal the souls of every man, woman and child on Earth;

And this is a battle that no amount of physical strength can win!

Script by Dwayne McDuffie (plot, script) and Robin D. Chaplik (plot), pencils by June Brigman, inks by Stan Drake.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODvCt2CN3GM

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Solicits for June.

WAR OF THE REALMS #5 (of 6)
    JASON AARON (W) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A)
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    Connecting Realm Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Variant Cover by VICTOR HUGO
    VARIANT COVER BY MARK TEXEIRA
    International Connecting Variant Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    Young Guns Variant Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
    MIDGARD'S LAST STAND Malekith’s army gets a whole new crop of recruits — the dead! As Midgard transforms under the rule of Malekith and his allies, the dead rise up to form a new Niffleheim! The Black Panther calls in every hero on his roster to fight for Earth, from Spider-Man and the Spiders of Hel to Ghost Rider and Balder the Brave. But if there’s any hope for the Ten Realms, it’ll come from the skies…
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

WAR OF THE REALMS #6 (of 6)
    JASON AARON (W) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A)
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    CONNECTING REALM VARIANT COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    VARIANT COVER BY VICTOR HUGO
    VARIANT COVER BY IRINA NORDSOL
    INTERNATIONAL CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY LUKE ROSS
    YOUNG GUNS VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEL MUNDO
    SPOILER VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    THE WORLD'S SHATTERING CONCLUSION OF WAR OF THE REALMS!
    The tides begin to turn as unexpected allies appear in a twist that will shake the heavens! Malekith’s allies are faltering at last before the might of all Earth’s heroes, but the Dark Elf King has one final trick — and it’s got a VENOMOUS bite! Out of options, the God of Thunder makes a sacrifice that will leave him forever changed. But will it be enough? And what heroes may fall in his wake? Midgard’s fate is sealed as Jason Aaron’s years-long saga comes to its epic conclusion!
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99

WAR OF THE REALMS: WAR SCROLLS #3 (of 3)
    JASON AARON, CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL & CHARLIE JANE ANDERS (W)
    ANDREA SORRENTINO & MORE! (A)
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    THE MUST-READ COMPANION TO THE WAR OF THE REALMS!
    The Kingpin joins the battle for New York! And even with his new cosmic senses, the God Without Fear can’t touch the venerated Mayor…can he? Jason Aaron and Andrea Sorrentino’s tale comes to a dramatic close! Plus, Halt and Catch Fire co-creator Christopher Cantwell and Nebula Award-winning novelist Charlie Jane Anders make their Marvel debuts with stories about Doctor Doom and She-Hulk!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

AVENGERS #20
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    The final battle for Midgard! Captain Marvel leads the War Avengers! Hulk battles Ulik! Blade takes on the Black Berserkers of Roxxon! Plus: Daredevil the God Without Fear has a cryptic message that will decide the future of the team.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interested in War Scrolls, but that's about it...

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Jennifer deserves (much) better than being in this silly event.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I have hope that War of the Realms breaks the She-Hulk event curse, that it will be the first event where She-Hulk does something important, or somewhat important instead of being chaos magic controlled (Disassembled), "killed" (Age of Ultron, Civil War 2), quits the team (Disassemble again), has a meaningless fight (AvsX), background dressing(Axis) or oddly missing (Secret Empire).

She-Hulk and Co. fighting trolls in the South America international variant cover for WotR (I suspect that's Machu Picchu)

source: Bleeding Cool
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.