Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    While I'm not a fan of Dumb-Jen, I don't think the change had anything to do "feminism" or anything like that. I think Marvel just wanted to shake things up for a bit. I see this the same as angel-Punisher or Frankencastle, Peter Parker businessman, fight club-Thunderbolts, or a few other things. It's jarring yes, but I don't think it'll last.
    I think it's just Jason Aaron being a lazy hack who can't be bothered to familiarize himself with the characters and settings so he can work within the existing framework, so he just throws them out and does his own reductive thing.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 03-26-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

like many things Marvel does this is just testing things out. Seeing if this is palatable for a live action version.

It's not going to last long, just a phase for a few storylines. It doesn't bug me. No one should assume this is a permanent change, the story alludes to as much IMO.
    The J-man

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How do you all feel about the She-Hulk + Thor romance?
    It's not really a She-Hulk and Thor romance. It's a Hulk and Thor romance since Aaron writes Jen as Hulk and that's it. It might be interesting, but he has done nothing to really make it interesting or show why they are a good couple.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's not really a She-Hulk and Thor romance. It's a Hulk and Hercules romance since Aaron writes Jen as Hulk and that's it. It might be interesting, but he has done nothing to really make it interesting or show why they are a good couple.
    fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I’d like that too, or something closer to normal. Have to say I love her more massive form a lot.
    I wish they'd go back to her A-Force physique. That seemed to capture what they are going for more then just giving her a more typical Hulk physique and watching artists go more and more absurd with depicting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    While I'm not a fan of Dumb-Jen, I don't think the change had anything to do "feminism" or anything like that. I think Marvel just wanted to shake things up for a bit. I see this the same as angel-Punisher or Frankencastle, Peter Parker businessman, fight club-Thunderbolts, or a few other things. It's jarring yes, but I don't think it'll last.
    I dunno. A part of me thinks Aaron genuinely believes he's being progressive with how he's handling She-Hulk by toning down her more feminine aspects (like having a "She" in her codename or making her physicality closer to her cousin).

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How do you all feel about the She-Hulk + Thor romance?
    I like it. Thor falls in line with Jen's previous romantic choices of larger than life, hyper-masculine men. I'm guessing Jen personifies Thor's history of half ordinary half epic life, and may remind him of his first love. I hope it sticks but with Thor expressing how he wants to learn more about human Jen and Jen on the path to reclaiming her bombastic She-Hulk, I can see why they would go their separate ways.

I'm fine with the romance with Thor, but I would end the dumb speech patterns.

I'm also fine with her size and level of muscularity. If she is one of the strongest characters in the Marvel Universe, she should look like it.

Hulk is warmest there is
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    I'm also fine with her size and level of muscularity. If she is one of the strongest characters in the Marvel Universe, she should look like it.
    Well, for one reason or another, Carol is probably going to be a big barometer for strength in the Marvel Universe and her physique is definitely not as exaggerated as current She-Hulk...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, for one reason or another, Carol is probably going to be a big barometer for strength in the Marvel Universe and her physique is definitely not as exaggerated as current She-Hulk...
    but carol's sort of a A-tier not an S-tier like she hulk is right now in her dumb form.

Nevertheless, it doesn't suit her.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm not so sure about that part. Carol is being defined as extremely powerful overall, but her physical strength is just one aspect of that, while She-Hulk is all about physical strength. Makes better sense for Jennifer to be the yardstick for female physical strength.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Looks like she has some new admirers in War of the Realms lol
    The J-man

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Looks like she has some new admirers in War of the Realms lol
    yeah, LoL.

trolls.

I can see Shemale-Hulk vs Ulik.

BANNED

I dunno. A part of me thinks Aaron genuinely believes he's being progressive with how he's handling She-Hulk by toning down her more feminine aspects (like having a "She" in her codename or making her physicality closer to her cousin).
    They said the same thing about Jane Foster version of Thor and look how that turned out. No to me Jason Aaron has a shredded way of viewing progression in modern day comics enough that it messes up what we originally know about the characters. Either that or he just hates Thor and takes his run on the comic as a way to punishes him and his overall treatment to others.