All-New Member

Default Question for old timers -- Silver and Bronze Age WW

Question for those who were fans before the George Perez/Post Crisis era

1. What was the greatest feat of strength or speed in WW's own book.

(For the life of me I can't think of anything extraordinary except when she defeated Hercules in the issue where she switched to her double W uniform)

2. In other books

--There is one Justice League where a possessed WW goes toe to toe with Superman -- she's possessed by the Constructor or something?

Anyone?

No clue on the stuff outside of her book, but her feats include

Traveling through time by WILLING herself through time
    Willing herself into existence a hundred years before she was born because there was a cause that needed fighting for
    outrunning her invisible jet which can fly from one end of the universe to the other in less than a minute.

Honestly, most of her bigger feats are built around that one issue where Phaethon stole the sun. Diana discovering this, calculated she only had five minutes before the lack of the sun caused Earth to hurtle through space and moving at super speed, first worked quickly to save the Earth from freezing over by punching deep into the Earth a series of holes which would cause the heat from within the Earth to keep the planet warm. Then summoning her invisible jet, traveled across the galaxy, seeking out a sun which matched our own in terms of density and the like. Snagging it, she then traveled back to solar system, positioning the replacement sun at the center of the solar system within the span of five minutes she had established.

She would later go seek out the original sun since the one she found was a 'cold star', steal it back from Phaethon, then outrun Phaethons gravity gun, and trick the god into stealing the replacment sun she had found, putting the original back in place.

Then there was the issue where the two last surviving Chestaurians decide to play one last chess to herald the end of their species by using a machine that 'channels the force of a thousand suns' to move giant celestial bodies across the cosmos from planets, suns, comets, and the like as though they were on a giant chess board, smashing into one another to take one another out in their game.

Wonder Woman herself gets hit by one of these beams which they specify the power level of as being 'the force of a thousand suns' and through sheer will power she pulls herself free of it.

Spectacular Member

In WW #214 (part of the JLA "12 Labors" story - the Green Lantern issue) she uses her lasso to contain TWO nuclear explosions while standing on the wing of her invisible jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolytus View Post
    Question for those who were fans before the George Perez/Post Crisis era

1. What was the greatest feat of strength or speed in WW's own book.

(For the life of me I can't think of anything extraordinary except when she defeated Hercules in the issue where she switched to her double W uniform)

2. In other books

--There is one Justice League where a possessed WW goes toe to toe with Superman -- she's possessed by the Constructor or something?

Anyone?
    Going back to Pre-Crisis and looking at simple pushing/pulling/lifting? I guess moving the sun back to its solar system. That was in WW Volume 1 issue 21.

I don't think the Justice League story where she was possessed is a good feat. The writer had some issues with feminism/women's liberation that he was working through (not a surprise given the time period and what was happening in America at the time). The story mentions 'women's lib' and has the possessed WW say pretty much state Supes would not dare use his full strength against her given her sex.

If versus examples are what is sought, then the SUPERMAN VS WONDER WOMAN treasury sized one-shot is a better example. Both take turns going all out and holding back as demanded by the plot.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 12-26-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Diana did an incredible feat in JLA pre-crisis issue #129 where she’s the only one who’s not affected by Nekron. She used her lasso on most of the affected Leaguers to keep their fears from completing their mission on defeating Newton and keeping the Eiffle tower from coming apart at the same time.

This was just before Crisis, but I swear there's a fabulous moment in the Judgment in Infinity story where Wonder Woman lassos the Adjudicator and digs the high heels of her boots into solid concrete as leverage to contain him.

I always loved that moment as a kid, because she was shown as powerful and SO EXTRA in using Amazon heels' design and technology to stop a giant, multiversal force-of-nature.

This was before Monitors and Anti-Monitors too... <ahem>

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    This was just before Crisis, but I swear there's a fabulous moment in the Judgment in Infinity story where Wonder Woman lassos the Adjudicator and digs the high heels of her boots into solid concrete as leverage to contain him.

I always loved that moment as a kid, because she was shown as powerful and SO EXTRA in using Amazon heels' design and technology to stop a giant, multiversal force-of-nature.

This was before Monitors and Anti-Monitors too... <ahem>
    Oh gosh, I forgot about that feat. Yeah, that three parter with the Adjudicator was awesome as heck.

Retired

That time when Wonder Woman fought Superman on board the Justice League satellite.