Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Attachment 83282
    One of Marvel Comics’ greatest heroes, the deadliest spy in the Marvel Universe, and a former leader of the Avengers, Natasha Romanoff stars in THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW!
    A great introduction to new readers and an thrilling confirmation to fans in the know why Black Widow is one of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the new series finds a mysterious figure exploiting the hero's past. And in response, the Widow may have to go off the grid.
    Who can she trust in this web of deceit? And more importantly—can her friends trust her?

It's gonna be HUGE.
    ngl, that description is makes it sound like Name of the Rose.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang View Post
    ngl, that description is makes it sound like Name of the Rose.
    It's by Jody Houser. Hmmm. She's fine enough, and was very nice this year at AwesomeCon, but she has yet to really impress me with any of her takes on my favorite properties (Spider-Man Renew Your Vows, TIE Fighter, StarCraft 2). I kinda wish they'd gotten Kelly Thompson to do it - her Rogue and Gambit miniseries showed how good her grasp of history is, as well as her ability to do really intelligent stuff with structure, while Jessica Jones showed her ability to work with the darker side.

Ah, well. I was willing to go with the Soskas, and enjoyed that reasonably well, I'll go with this too.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Awesome!!!!

Mooney was born to draw espoinage stuff.
    Attachment 83280
    What's this page from plz?

BANNED

If it somehow un-clones Natasha, I'm all for it....art looks promising but Houser has yet to impress, not bad, not great, just average

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    What's this page from plz?
    Dynamite Comics' James Bond.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BACHALO NATASHA.jpg
    Noto BW.jpg

MCU Fan Theory: Black Widow Movie Is Set After Endgame - Here's How
    https://www.cbr.com/fan-theory-black...after-endgame/
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Attachment 83282
    One of Marvel Comics’ greatest heroes, the deadliest spy in the Marvel Universe, and a former leader of the Avengers, Natasha Romanoff stars in THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW!
    A great introduction to new readers and an thrilling confirmation to fans in the know why Black Widow is one of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the new series finds a mysterious figure exploiting the hero's past. And in response, the Widow may have to go off the grid.
    Who can she trust in this web of deceit? And more importantly—can her friends trust her?

It's gonna be HUGE.
    I like her swagger on the cover, if nothing else.

Dynamite Comics' James Bond.
    Sweet! Sounds like the perfect choice for Nat

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Sweet! Sounds like the perfect choice for Nat
    He's very good.

mooney 1.jpg
    mooney 2.jpg

Natasha

Fantastic Member

Real glad Nat is getting another mini so quickly after the last one apparently didn’t sell so well. I liked that one but it also dealt with some icky subject matter which might not have helped with sales.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    Real glad Nat is getting another mini so quickly after the last one apparently didn’t sell so well. I liked that one but it also dealt with some icky subject matter which might not have helped with sales.
    I think (hope) the new artist will help in that regard.

So I just read this Polygon article regarding Black Widow in the upcoming Square Enix Avengers game and this part stuck out to me:

The Marvel Cinematic Universe never got Black Widow quite right. The character is only now getting her own film. When she appeared in other superhero movies over the past decade, her relatively human skills felt weak alongside characters that could fly, crash through skyscrapers, and read minds. Marvel’s Avengers feels like another opportunity to give Black Widow that moment she deserves.
    https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/13...-widow-details

Now I won't claim that the MCU's track record with Black Widow was perfect. But people have been calling for Marvel to give her a movie for years and she's been one of the biggest fan favorites of the franchise. So Marvel must have done something right with her. The bolded part I find to be especially obnoxious. Can you imagine a geek website saying something like this about Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So I just read this Polygon article regarding Black Widow in the upcoming Square Enix Avengers game and this part stuck out to me:

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/13...-widow-details

Now I won't claim that the MCU's track record with Black Widow was perfect. But people have been calling for Marvel to give her a movie for years and she's been one of the biggest fan favorites of the franchise. So Marvel must have done something right with her. The bolded part I find to be especially obnoxious. Can you imagine a geek website saying something like this about Batman?
    I feel like that criticism is usually lobbed at Hawkeye instead of Widow, especially since she tends to come off better in terms of prominence then he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that criticism is usually lobbed at Hawkeye instead of Widow, especially since she tends to come off better in terms of prominence then he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think that's an unimaginative criticism. As in, the people who make it have no imagination.

It's the same as when peole say that Superman is too powerful. Well the solution is to imagine a storyline where his powers can't solve the problem.
    Likewise with Natasha, it just takes good writing to imagine a story where her skills are essential to solving the plot.