Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 571
  1. #511
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Very nice! Cover or interior?
    Interior.

    Last page, i guess.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  2. #512
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    The Black Widow might have ties to Peter's parents. In particular, Richard Parker's espionage with Natasha within the Soviet Union and The Middle East. It would be fun to see Natasha get transported to Spider-Man Noir's world as that would be awesome to see, as this would answer your question regarding a stealth mission in the 1930's era...

  3. #513
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Black Widow might have ties to Peter's parents. In particular, Richard Parker's espionage with Natasha within the Soviet Union and The Middle East. It would be fun to see Natasha get transported to Spider-Man Noir's world as that would be awesome to see, as this would answer your question regarding a stealth mission in the 1930's era...
    No, thanks.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  4. #514
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    Natasha and Sharon.

    My favorite team-up in my favorite Secret Avengers issue ever.
    NATASHA AND SHARON.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  5. #515
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    No, thanks.
    There are ideas that no one likes. But unlikely outcomes happens all the time in the Marvel Universe. Can't like something with out knowing what the story might be. No one felt that Deadpool should have anything to do with Spider-Man. Marvel took a chance with adding Wade to Peter's world. The outcome....Strong sales, as well as a storyline that future writers use as a blueprint!!!
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-17-2019 at 06:11 PM.

  6. #516
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,627

    Default

    Remember in Ultimate when Natasha gained Iron Man armor? Well, it happened again, in Spider-Man Life Story. She was, however, brainwashed.

  7. #517
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    Epic, Legends, Masterworks, Milestones, Complete – More Marvel Comics Big Books for 2020

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ig-books-2020/

    Black Widow: Welcome To The Game
    By: Richard Morgan, Bill Sienkiewicz, Goran Parlov, Sean Phillips, Jan. 21, 2020, $34.99, Pages: 288. The deadliest agent in the Marvel Universe has finally gotten out of the spy game! The Black Widow’s not asking much – just a life of her own. But an assassination attempt provides a harsh reality check, kicking off a string of international killings that leads Natasha Romanoff back to a Russia she can barely recognize. Whoever said you can’t go home again never reckoned with the Black Widow! People may say that she’s a traitor, a murderer or worse. But one thing’s for sure – the Black Widow is not to be crossed! The last man foolish enough to do so paid the highest price, but his powerful friends will ensure that Natasha doesn’t get off easy…and not even Nick Fury can protect her this time!
    homecoming.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  8. #518
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Florence is Yelena!!

    Movie comes out May 1st 2020

  9. #519
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,970

    Default

    Florence is a fantastic young actress. Hopefully they give her a meaty role to play.

  10. #520
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    9,826

    Default

    Marvel Team-Up #83 Jul 1979
    "Slaughter on 10th Avenue!" Part 2 of 4. Guest-starring Spider-Man, Nick Fury and the Black Widow.
    In stunning fashion, the web-slinger and the widow have gone down to defeat at the hands
    of SHIELD and its director, Nick Fury! Now the Black Widow is a prisoner of SHIELD,

    and a dazed Spider-Man is trying to figure out what is going on.

    When Natasha escapes from the SHIELD facility, she turns to her only friend left in Manhattan...Peter Parker!
    At his Chelsea apartment, Aunt May's nephew is consoling Natasha, when all of a sudden Nick Fury kicks in the door!
    Minutes later Boomerang attacks! And then the Silver Samurai!
    It's a wild free-for-all with the wall-crawler and the Black Widow caught in the middle!

    Script by Chris Claremont. Art by Sal Buscema (breakdowns) and Steve Leialoha (finishes).
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  11. #521
    Amazing Member Whizbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Epic, Legends, Masterworks, Milestones, Complete – More Marvel Comics Big Books for 2020

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ig-books-2020/

    Black Widow: Welcome To The Game
    By: Richard Morgan, Bill Sienkiewicz, Goran Parlov, Sean Phillips, Jan. 21, 2020, $34.99, Pages: 288. The deadliest agent in the Marvel Universe has finally gotten out of the spy game! The Black Widow’s not asking much – just a life of her own. But an assassination attempt provides a harsh reality check, kicking off a string of international killings that leads Natasha Romanoff back to a Russia she can barely recognize. Whoever said you can’t go home again never reckoned with the Black Widow! People may say that she’s a traitor, a murderer or worse. But one thing’s for sure – the Black Widow is not to be crossed! The last man foolish enough to do so paid the highest price, but his powerful friends will ensure that Natasha doesn’t get off easy…and not even Nick Fury can protect her this time!
    homecoming.jpg
    God, why can't they leave Homecoming in the pit Whedon found it in.

  12. #522
    Incredible Member Cowtools's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang View Post
    God, why can't they leave Homecoming in the pit Whedon found it in.
    That's the one old Black Widow trade collection I haven't yet found a copy of and read.
    What's so terrible about it?

  13. #523
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    First illustration...

    EABZQm6U8AA9Pvu.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  14. #524
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    First illustration...

    EABZQm6U8AA9Pvu.jpg
    Not crazy about Taskmaster's design, and Widow's new costume looks a little busy.

  15. #525
    Amazing Member Whizbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    That's the one old Black Widow trade collection I haven't yet found a copy of and read.
    What's so terrible about it?
    The panels included in the post is just one instance of how terrible the book is - instead of Natasha deciding to defect to the US herself, on her own free will, Morgan created this perfume/pheromone that basically mind-controls Natasha, has Nick Fury steal it and uses it to force Natasha to defect. Homecoming is the worst example of mansplaining feminism in superhero comics - basically Richard Morgan decided that Natasha's backstory was sexist so in order to "improve" her backstory he was going to give a backstory that was 1000% more sexist than her Silver & Bronze Age stories to show that old backstories were bad. So instead of a backstory were Natasha chose to join the KGB and chose to become a spy and then chose to defect to the US, he decided to recon all of that so she could grow in a murder orphanage with no choice but to become a spy and assassin and then was forced to defect by Fury. The whole series is about Natasha learning that her entire life was a lie, that she never had any free agency over anything she's ever done and then follows her reaction to that. Morgan's stuff is insulting & demeaning, gross & sexist, and was rightly ignored & treated as an forgotten AU by Marvel until Whedon dug it up and used it to influence his writing of MCU Natasha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •