Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It's weird that this is the second Avengers movie that made it look like Clint was going to die, only to have someone else die in his place.

In Age of Ultron the writer/director deliberately put in a lot of obvious hints that Clint would die, but then pulled a bait-and-switch by having Quicksilver die to save Clint. And pretty much exactly the same thing happened here.

There's also some strange crossover with another moment from Age of Ultron where Natasha and Bruce commiserated about not being able to have kids. It was heavily implied in Endgame that Natasha wanted Clint to be able to reunite with his wife and kids.

I don't think either film's team was trying to imply that Natasha's life is less important because she doesn't have children, I just think they lean too heavily on the idea that if Clint has a beautiful wife and adorable children, he deserves to live.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I can't believe they did that with Natasha, i'm so pissed...
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 04-28-2019 at 06:48 PM.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Black Widow's solo is a flop, with the third issue only selling 14,642 issues. Black Widow also was in Domino: Hotshots 1, which did better with 34,980 issues sold.

I saw a new rumor saying that the Black Widow solo movie will take place after the first Avengers movie and before Winter Soldier.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Black Widow's solo is a flop, with the third issue only selling 14,642 issues. Black Widow also was in Domino: Hotshots 1, which did better with 34,980 issues sold.

I saw a new rumor saying that the Black Widow solo movie will take place after the first Avengers movie and before Winter Soldier.
    That's depressing, but not surprising. What is the drop from #1 to #3?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think only a well-known creative team can give good numbers for a monthly Black Widow series.

I'd rather see her leading a team like Thunderbolts or Secret Avengers. Or maybe working with this guy....
    duo.jpg

Last edited by Winterboy; 04-29-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    i'm so pissed...
    sad BW.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I think only a well-known creative team can give good numbers for a monthly Black Widow series.

I'd rather see her leading a team like Thunderbolts or Secret Avengers. Or maybe working with this guy....
    duo.jpg

I wish Mr. and Mrs. X had sold better, to prove that a romance adventure book could be a good plan... but no
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

spoilers:
    After 10 years waiting for her movie, when she was supposed to take the spotlight now, they did that with her, they didn't even give her a funeral, in the end she got shafted. I'm really mad how dirty they did her.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 04-30-2019 at 07:20 AM.

spoilers:
    It doesn't really make anything better, but there was a small detail I loved. I loved that we saw Natasha wearing the arrow necklace that first appeared in the first Avengers movie. She had it on for a few scenes in Endgame.

Though ultimately I guess it was a touch of tragic foreshadowing, I appreciated the callback.
    end of spoilers

black widow and captain america.jpg
    black widow and captain america 1.jpg

Black Widow and Captain America by Francisco Francavilla.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    spoilers:
    Spoiler tag that please. Here's how:
    HTML Code:
    [spoil]SPOILERS![/spoil]
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    So apparently an early draft or outline of the script had Clint dying instead. But after reading that draft, the visual effects producer spoke with Markus and McFeely to convince them not to "take this away from [Natasha]."

Ugh, thanks but no thanks!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    spoilers:
    So apparently an early draft or outline of the script had Clint dying instead. But after reading that draft, the visual effects producer spoke with Markus and McFeely to convince them not to "take this away from [Natasha]."

Ugh, thanks but no thanks!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That whole part of the interview sounded like they were trying to deflect any criticism by claiming a woman told them to do it. Markus and McFeely straight up fridged Natasha and Gamora and are either too ignorant of the genre to realize it or think we the audience is too stupid to realize it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I wish Mr. and Mrs. X had sold better, to prove that a romance adventure book could be a good plan... but no
    Personally what I would love to see is Natasha lead the Secret Avengers in a book that include Bucky, Bobbi, Sharon, Maria Hill, etc. Have the primary focus on the team and their missions, but also have Natasha and Bucky reunite (and in a perfect world where series aren't cancelled after 5-6 issues, I would love to see them take things a little slow and actually rebuild their relationship, rather than have everyone magically act like WS #14 never happened). A romance adventure book might not work right now, but an action-adventure book with a lot of romance in it might work better.