Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Very nice! Cover or interior?
    Interior.

Last page, i guess.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

The Black Widow might have ties to Peter's parents. In particular, Richard Parker's espionage with Natasha within the Soviet Union and The Middle East. It would be fun to see Natasha get transported to Spider-Man Noir's world as that would be awesome to see, as this would answer your question regarding a stealth mission in the 1930's era...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Black Widow might have ties to Peter's parents. In particular, Richard Parker's espionage with Natasha within the Soviet Union and The Middle East. It would be fun to see Natasha get transported to Spider-Man Noir's world as that would be awesome to see, as this would answer your question regarding a stealth mission in the 1930's era...
    No, thanks.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Natasha and Sharon.

My favorite team-up in my favorite Secret Avengers issue ever.
    NATASHA AND SHARON.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    No, thanks.
    There are ideas that no one likes. But unlikely outcomes happens all the time in the Marvel Universe. Can't like something with out knowing what the story might be. No one felt that Deadpool should have anything to do with Spider-Man. Marvel took a chance with adding Wade to Peter's world. The outcome....Strong sales, as well as a storyline that future writers use as a blueprint!!!
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-17-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Remember in Ultimate when Natasha gained Iron Man armor? Well, it happened again, in Spider-Man Life Story. She was, however, brainwashed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Epic, Legends, Masterworks, Milestones, Complete – More Marvel Comics Big Books for 2020

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ig-books-2020/

Black Widow: Welcome To The Game
    By: Richard Morgan, Bill Sienkiewicz, Goran Parlov, Sean Phillips, Jan. 21, 2020, $34.99, Pages: 288. The deadliest agent in the Marvel Universe has finally gotten out of the spy game! The Black Widow’s not asking much – just a life of her own. But an assassination attempt provides a harsh reality check, kicking off a string of international killings that leads Natasha Romanoff back to a Russia she can barely recognize. Whoever said you can’t go home again never reckoned with the Black Widow! People may say that she’s a traitor, a murderer or worse. But one thing’s for sure – the Black Widow is not to be crossed! The last man foolish enough to do so paid the highest price, but his powerful friends will ensure that Natasha doesn’t get off easy…and not even Nick Fury can protect her this time!
    homecoming.jpg

Florence is Yelena!!

Movie comes out May 1st 2020

Ultimate Member

Florence is a fantastic young actress. Hopefully they give her a meaty role to play.

BANNED

Marvel Team-Up #83 Jul 1979
    "Slaughter on 10th Avenue!" Part 2 of 4. Guest-starring Spider-Man, Nick Fury and the Black Widow.
    In stunning fashion, the web-slinger and the widow have gone down to defeat at the hands
    of SHIELD and its director, Nick Fury! Now the Black Widow is a prisoner of SHIELD,

and a dazed Spider-Man is trying to figure out what is going on.

When Natasha escapes from the SHIELD facility, she turns to her only friend left in Manhattan...Peter Parker!
    At his Chelsea apartment, Aunt May's nephew is consoling Natasha, when all of a sudden Nick Fury kicks in the door!
    Minutes later Boomerang attacks! And then the Silver Samurai!
    It's a wild free-for-all with the wall-crawler and the Black Widow caught in the middle!

Script by Chris Claremont. Art by Sal Buscema (breakdowns) and Steve Leialoha (finishes).

Epic, Legends, Masterworks, Milestones, Complete – More Marvel Comics Big Books for 2020

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...ig-books-2020/

Black Widow: Welcome To The Game
    By: Richard Morgan, Bill Sienkiewicz, Goran Parlov, Sean Phillips, Jan. 21, 2020, $34.99, Pages: 288. The deadliest agent in the Marvel Universe has finally gotten out of the spy game! The Black Widow’s not asking much – just a life of her own. But an assassination attempt provides a harsh reality check, kicking off a string of international killings that leads Natasha Romanoff back to a Russia she can barely recognize. Whoever said you can’t go home again never reckoned with the Black Widow! People may say that she’s a traitor, a murderer or worse. But one thing’s for sure – the Black Widow is not to be crossed! The last man foolish enough to do so paid the highest price, but his powerful friends will ensure that Natasha doesn’t get off easy…and not even Nick Fury can protect her this time!
    homecoming.jpg
    God, why can't they leave Homecoming in the pit Whedon found it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang View Post
    God, why can't they leave Homecoming in the pit Whedon found it in.
    That's the one old Black Widow trade collection I haven't yet found a copy of and read.
    What's so terrible about it?

First illustration...

EABZQm6U8AA9Pvu.jpg

First illustration...

EABZQm6U8AA9Pvu.jpg
    Not crazy about Taskmaster's design, and Widow's new costume looks a little busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    That's the one old Black Widow trade collection I haven't yet found a copy of and read.
    What's so terrible about it?
    The panels included in the post is just one instance of how terrible the book is - instead of Natasha deciding to defect to the US herself, on her own free will, Morgan created this perfume/pheromone that basically mind-controls Natasha, has Nick Fury steal it and uses it to force Natasha to defect. Homecoming is the worst example of mansplaining feminism in superhero comics - basically Richard Morgan decided that Natasha's backstory was sexist so in order to "improve" her backstory he was going to give a backstory that was 1000% more sexist than her Silver & Bronze Age stories to show that old backstories were bad. So instead of a backstory were Natasha chose to join the KGB and chose to become a spy and then chose to defect to the US, he decided to recon all of that so she could grow in a murder orphanage with no choice but to become a spy and assassin and then was forced to defect by Fury. The whole series is about Natasha learning that her entire life was a lie, that she never had any free agency over anything she's ever done and then follows her reaction to that. Morgan's stuff is insulting & demeaning, gross & sexist, and was rightly ignored & treated as an forgotten AU by Marvel until Whedon dug it up and used it to influence his writing of MCU Natasha.