Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I was excited about this series but the story is disappointing so far. Even Stephen Mooney's art oscillates within the same story, sometimes he draws an ugly Natasha.
    Attachment 88249
    Yes! At times she does look like she’s on steroids ... a little far afield from Colan’s depiction in those early Daredevil issues.

Web of #BlackWidow #1 sketches by Junggeun Yoon.

sketches BW.jpg

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Black Widow by Mitch Gerads.

gerads BW.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Black Widow: Scarlett Johansson Addresses Fan Theories About Natasha's Death

https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-scar...asha-theories/

AVENGERS #29
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    STARBRAND REBORN Part Three: THE RISE OF THE WAR WIDOW
    The battle for the Starbrand heats up like a supernova, as Captain Marvel goes toe to toe with Firelord, Ghost Rider races the Silver Surfer and Brood Thor… tries to eat the Avengers. Meanwhile the Black Widow kicks much butt in outer space with a bold new weapon in her arsenal. That’s right, the Black Widow + the War Machine armor = the all-new, all-deadly War Widow.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS #30
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A) • Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    MARVELS X VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    STARBRAND REBORN Conclusion: WHO WILL BE BRANDED?
    In a Shi’ar space prison the size of a galaxy, the cosmic war for the Starbrand super weapon comes to its cataclysmic conclusion. Who is the shocking new wielder of the Starbrand? And will they survive long enough to control the epic planet-melting power at their disposal? Not if Gladiator of the Shi’ar has anything to say about it. But the space-ravaged Avengers will have a thing or two to say about it too. Including Brood Thor, Captain Corsair, the War Widow, the new-look She-Hulk and Blade… as you’ve never seen him before!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW #5 (of 5)
    JODY HOUSER (W) • STEPHEN MOONEY (A)
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON AUG199012
    Variant Cover by SARA PICHELLI AUG199014
    Variant Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI AUG199013
    THE FINAL THREAD IN NATASHA’S BROKEN WEB!
    The Black Widow has always worked best alone — but now she’s more isolated than she’s ever been. The enemy masquerading in her clothes is finally ready to spring the trap. All this time, Natasha thought she was hunting prey she had helped release. But the real predator has been stalking her.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

MARVEL’S BLACK WIDOW PRELUDE #1 (of 2)
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Penciled by CARLOS VILLA
    TRACE THE BLACK WIDOW’S HISTORY IN THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE!
    From spy to Avenger, the enigmatic BLACK WIDOW has lived many secret lives. But how do these disparate episodes add up to the life of the heroic Avenger, and what is the thread that connects her past to her future?
    Get ready for MARVEL STUDIOS’ BLACK WIDOW solo film with this glimpse into the storied history of NATASHA ROMANOFF in this tale set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW TPB
    Written by JODY HOUSER
    Penciled by STEPHEN MOONEY
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    The spy tale of the century! Natasha Romanoff is the deadliest spy in the Marvel Universe and the beating heart of the Avengers. But when a mysterious figure starts exploiting her murky past, the Widow must go underground and off the grid! Who can she trust in this web of deceit? And more important, can her friends trust her anymore? Natasha must run down all the names from her past — starting with Tony Stark and Bucky Barnes! The Widow and the Winter Soldier have quite a history — but when they reunite, they may wind up without a future. Fellow Black Widow Yelena Belova comes calling, but can she help Natasha rise above her past? And when the Widow targets Hawkeye, she might find herself shot through the heart! Collecting THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW #1-5.
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92007-4

BLACK WIDOW: WIDOWMAKER TPB
    Written by PAUL CORNELL, MARJORIE LIU, DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI, JIM McCANN, CULLEN BUNN, KELLY SUE DECONNICK & JOE AHEARNE
    Penciled by JOHN PAUL LEON, TOM RANEY, DANIEL ACUÑA, MANUEL GARCIA, DAVID LOPEZ, PETER NGUYEN, JAMIE MCKELVIE & BRIAN CHING
    Cover by ADI GRANOV
    Thrilling adventures of Marvel’s deadliest superspy! Natasha’s shadowy past once again threatens all she holds dear in a globe-hopping thriller! As the Black Widow’s house of cards comes crashing down around her, what will she do to keep her deepest secret buried? When a senator is seduced and assassinated, why does the trail followed by his journalist son lead back to Natasha? Meanwhile, espionage agents around the world are being assassinated by an all-new Ronin! The next two targets: Black Widow and Mockingbird! But Hawkeye is determined to unmask the killer! Let the spy games begin! Collecting BLACK WIDOW: DEADLY ORIGIN #1-4, BLACK WIDOW (2010) #1-8, WIDOWMAKER #1-4, FEAR ITSELF: BLACK WIDOW, BLACK WIDOW SAGA and material from ENTER THE HEROIC AGE #1 and IRON MAN: KISS AND KILL.
    464 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92144-6

Also, there's a TPB that includes the first appearance of red haired Natasha.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION: THE SECRET OF THE PETRIFIED TABLET TPB
    Volume #5 in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA SR. & JOHN BUSCEMA with LARRY LIEBER
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.
    Two of the fiercest crime lords in New York City are on a quest to decipher an ancient petrified tablet — whose secrets promise great power! It’s an indisputable classic by two of Marvel’s greatest creators, Stan Lee and John Romita Sr. — and that’s not all they have in store! J. Jonah Jameson has the Daily Bugle working overtime to brand Spider-Man as public enemy number one, the Prowler hits the scene, the Black Widow debuts her sultry new spy gear — and the origin of Peter’s parents is revealed! Plus: The Kingpin comes back for more, and this time it’s a family affair! Also featuring Gwen Stacy and the gang…whose heads are really going to turn when an ill Peter Parker strolls into a party in his Spider-Man costume! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #68-85 and ANNUAL #5-6.
    456 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92196-5
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm reading the Devin Grayson Black Widow 1999 series and there's a scene showing a gossip magazine discussing Natasha and Daredevil's break up. I haven't read any of the stories where Matt and Natasha were dating yet but how public was their relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm reading the Devin Grayson Black Widow 1999 series and there's a scene showing a gossip magazine discussing Natasha and Daredevil's break up. I haven't read any of the stories where Matt and Natasha were dating yet but how public was their relationship?
    I think it was very public that they were crime-fighting partners (and when that's a man and a woman, usually that means a romantic relationship).

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW TPB
    Written by JODY HOUSER
    Penciled by STEPHEN MOONEY
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    The spy tale of the century! Natasha Romanoff is the deadliest spy in the Marvel Universe and the beating heart of the Avengers. But when a mysterious figure starts exploiting her murky past, the Widow must go underground and off the grid! Who can she trust in this web of deceit? And more important, can her friends trust her anymore? Natasha must run down all the names from her past — starting with Tony Stark and Bucky Barnes! The Widow and the Winter Soldier have quite a history — but when they reunite, they may wind up without a future. Fellow Black Widow Yelena Belova comes calling, but can she help Natasha rise above her past? And when the Widow targets Hawkeye, she might find herself shot through the heart! Collecting THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW #1-5.
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92007-4
    "Of the century" is definitely promising more than the first two issues delivered. I really wish I could figure out why Liu could tell such an awesome story with Natasha, but everyone since then has really struggled, even with some of the best artists in the business.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Here is something you missed

BLACK WIDOW EPIC COLLECTION: BEWARE THE BLACK WIDOW TPB
    Written by STAN LEE & ROY THOMAS with GARY FRIEDRICH, DON RICO, MIMI GOLD & GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by DON HECK, JOHN BUSCEMA & GENE COLAN with JOHN ROMITA SR.
    Cover by BILL EVERETT
    Collecting the origins of the Black Widow for the very first time! From her debut as a Russian spy in TALES OF SUSPENSE, Natasha Romanoff was instantly one of Marvel’s most iconic characters. This amazing collection takes you through her early days with Hawkeye, into her first adventures with the Avengers – and on to her first solo series! Thrill to a captivating and complex saga as the Black Widow evolves from villain to hero — and defines herself as one of comics’ greatest characters. Boasting stories and art by a who’s who of Silver Age greats, this Epic Collection is ground zero for every Black Widow fan! Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #29-30, #36-37 and #43-44; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #86; DAREDEVIL (1964) #81; material from TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #52-53, #57, #60 and #64 and AMAZING ADVENTURES (1970) #1-8 and subplot pages from AVENGERS (1963) #16, #32-33, #38-39, #41-42, #45-47, #57, #63-64 and #76.
    424 PGS./All Ages …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92126-2

Take my money!!!!

money.jpg

With Marvel Zombies: Resurrection #1 coming out October 30, the various variant covers have begun to be released. In addition to the main cover by In-Hyuk Lee, there are variants by Clayton Crain (a Scorpion Comics exclusive), Greg Land, Jung Geun Yoon, Kael Ngu (a 7ate9 Comics exclusive), Nick Bradshaw, and Ryan Browne (a 7ate9 Comics exclusive).

MARVEL ZOMBIES: RESURRECTION #1
    PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A) • Cover by INHYUK LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON
    VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND
    VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    THE HORROR SMASH-HIT LIVES AGAIN!
    When Galactus’ corpse appears at the edge of Earth’s solar system, the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four investigate. Too late, they discover that Galactus’ body is now the vessel of an interstellar terror, which one-by-one transforms Earth’s Mightiest Heroes into the universe’s most terrifying predators! As our heroes try to escape the superpowered, cannibalistic aberrations that were once their friends and family, will any survive? And even if they do, can they hope to protect Earth from the infestation that has already claimed half of the known universe?
    Don’t miss the FIRST ISSUE of this terrifying new vision of the classic Marvel tale!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

https://www.newsarama.com/47547-marv...-1-covers.html

zombie trio.jpg

So can anyone point to any examples of Natasha displaying feats of superhuman strength, speed and durability? I keep seeing how she is supposed to be superhuman in physicals but nothing I've seen of her shows that. I'm currently reading the Richard K. Morgan series where she complains about how her gauntlets were too heavy for her so she decided to never use them again (also how long did that last real time?).

Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang View Post
    The panels included in the post is just one instance of how terrible the book is - instead of Natasha deciding to defect to the US herself, on her own free will, Morgan created this perfume/pheromone that basically mind-controls Natasha, has Nick Fury steal it and uses it to force Natasha to defect. Homecoming is the worst example of mansplaining feminism in superhero comics - basically Richard Morgan decided that Natasha's backstory was sexist so in order to "improve" her backstory he was going to give a backstory that was 1000% more sexist than her Silver & Bronze Age stories to show that old backstories were bad. So instead of a backstory were Natasha chose to join the KGB and chose to become a spy and then chose to defect to the US, he decided to recon all of that so she could grow in a murder orphanage with no choice but to become a spy and assassin and then was forced to defect by Fury. The whole series is about Natasha learning that her entire life was a lie, that she never had any free agency over anything she's ever done and then follows her reaction to that. Morgan's stuff is insulting & demeaning, gross & sexist, and was rightly ignored & treated as an forgotten AU by Marvel until Whedon dug it up and used it to influence his writing of MCU Natasha.
    I'm pretty sure Deadly Origin, which came out in 2010, also referenced Morgan's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So can anyone point to any examples of Natasha displaying feats of superhuman strength, speed and durability? I keep seeing how she is supposed to be superhuman in physicals but nothing I've seen of her shows that. I'm currently reading the Richard K. Morgan series where she complains about how her gauntlets were too heavy for her so she decided to never use them again (also how long did that last real time?).
    I don't think she's been shown to have superstrength, etc. on panel, although her description in Mighty Avengers: Most Wanted Files says that she can lift 500 lbs. Now, there are women in real life who can lift that much, but I'm pretty sure none of them are Natasha's size!

As for the gauntlets, it was a very short amount of time. In most of Natasha's appearances around the time of this series (Daredevil, Avengers Dissassemble), she has her gauntlets on her.

I'm pretty sure Deadly Origin, which came out in 2010, also referenced Morgan's run.
    The idea that Natasha was raised in the Red Room was also used by Brubaker and in the Black Widow & the Marvel Girls miniseries. It seems like canon has stuck with the idea that Natasha had little to no agency in becoming a spy/assassin, but it's (hopefully) thrown out the idea that her defection wasn't her choice (or that Nick Fury controls his agents with perfume).