Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kevin Feige Hints at How a Black Widow Prequel Could Reveal Secrets of the MCU

https://io9.gizmodo.com/kevin-feige-...-re-1835656005
    Speaking of which, regarding having another version of Black Widow on-screen, I wonder if they've entertained the idea of having the Claire Voyant Black Widow in the MCU, because she... was quite the character...

Last edited by Electricmastro; 06-19-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Speaking of which, regarding having another version of Black Widow on-screen, I wonder if they've entertained the idea of having the Claire Voyant Black Widow in the MCU, because she... was quite the character...

Yeah, totally different character and story. Very very dark.

Astonishing Member

I miss when Black Widow would swing around over the city -- like she did in this story -- and in Daredevil. Natasha is so cool in this story -- even though she was outclassed by Spider-Man -- due to his powers. Black Widow is unique in the Marvel U for relying on nothing but skills and training.

Astonishing Member

If the MCU didn’t exist, Emma Peel from the ITV Avengers is pretty much what I would have imagined a live-action Black Widow to have been like:

Pretty sure that Nat's black suit was inspired by Emma Peel.

True, though I think her "Madame Natasha" outfit will always have a charm to it for me.

This costume sucked. Black Widow was only a bad guy or Hawkeye's girlfriend in the 1960s. Once she got the Emma Peel-inspired makeover she then graduated into being a feature character.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, totally different character and story. Very very dark.
    Golden Age Black Widow by Otto Schmidt.
    D9V_S3IXUAAoUGG.jpg

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This costume sucked.
    To each their own then. :P

RAY WINSTONE Recruited for BLACK WIDOW Film

https://www.newsarama.com/45711-ray-...lm-report.html

Last edited by Winterboy; 06-21-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Yelena Belova by J.G. Jones.

belova.jpg
    belova 2.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 06-21-2019 at 09:21 AM.

THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW #1 (OF 5)
    JODY HOUSER (W) • STEPHEN MOONEY (A)
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    Variant cover by KRIS ANKA
    Variant cover by Meghan Hetrick
    Variant cover by TBA
    Hidden Gem variant cover by TBA
    BLACK WIDOW: YEAR ONE!
    One of Marvel Comics’ longest-running female heroes finally gets her due! Natasha Romanoff is the deadliest spy in the Marvel Universe and the beating heart of the Avengers. But when a mysterious figure starts exploiting her past, the Widow may have to go back to Black — and off the grid. Who can she trust in this web of deceit? And more importantly — can her friends trust her? Don’t miss the spy tale of the century!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

THE PUNISHER #15
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • Szymon Kudranski (A) • Cover by GREG SMALLWOOD
    IMMORTAL WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK!
    • You can’t fight City Hall…unless, of course, you’re Frank Castle.
    • But he won’t fight alone!
    • Unfortunately, Zemo’s got his new Thunderbolts, and they’re ready for war.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Last edited by Winterboy; 06-21-2019 at 07:53 AM.

DAREDEVIL EPIC COLLECTION: A WOMAN CALLED WIDOW TPB
    Volume #4 in the Daredevil Epic Collections
    Written by ROY THOMAS & GERRY CONWAY with GARY FRIEDRICH
    Penciled by GENE COLAN with DON HECK, ALAN WEISS, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH & BILL EVERETT
    Cover by GIL KANE
    Daredevil heads out to the Left Coast in a quest to earn back the love of Karen Page — and L.A. has never been stranger! A cast of bizarre and action-packed enemies stands between DD and the woman he loves! Then, back in the Big Apple, Daredevil teams up with the Black Panther and joins forces with Iron Man and Nick Fury. And one of the greatest eras in the history of the Man Without Fear begins when Daredevil and Black Widow become partners! Together, they face Spider-Man, the Sub-Mariner, the Man-Bull, the Owl, the Scorpion and more. But drama and tension are brewing… With the Black Widow in Daredevil’s life, what will become of Matt Murdock’s relationship with the lovely Karen Page? Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #64-86 and IRON MAN (1968) #35-36.
    512 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92034-0

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW #1 (OF 5)
    JODY HOUSER (W) • STEPHEN MOONEY (A)
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    Variant cover by KRIS ANKA
    Variant cover by Meghan Hetrick
    Variant cover by TBA
    Hidden Gem variant cover by TBA
    BLACK WIDOW: YEAR ONE!
    One of Marvel Comics’ longest-running female heroes finally gets her due! Natasha Romanoff is the deadliest spy in the Marvel Universe and the beating heart of the Avengers. But when a mysterious figure starts exploiting her past, the Widow may have to go back to Black — and off the grid. Who can she trust in this web of deceit? And more importantly — can her friends trust her? Don’t miss the spy tale of the century!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I liked Jody Houser's initial run on Mother Panic for DC, so I might try this one.

I do wonder if it will become part of Black Widow's permanent backstory or if it will just be conveniently "forgotten"/ignored by any future writers in a year or two.