Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Kind of telling that the latest issue of Web of Black Widow came out yesterday and no one is talking about it...Has been a disappointment
    It's fine, not awful or anything, just kind of...there's only one issue left and we still have no sort of motivation for the villain?

I did like the scene with Matt. I love their friendship and have missed it lately. I was shocked that they actually went there with Clint and had him shoot her in the side with an arrow...like, the regular pointy kind. That seems kind of extreme for him, when he has all those trick arrows that don't hurt people.

One thing I found interesting is that in the marketing for this book, they talked about missing memories, and I assumed they meant the missing Bucky memories. But in the Bucky issue, she remembered her past with him, and in this issue, the Hawkeye flashbacks are shown with a blank face and she implies that she wasn't 100% sure that this Hawkeye was the same person as the Hawkeye from her past. Which kind of implies that she gained back her Bucky memories in the Waid and Samnee run and her current memory issues are related to her being a clone. But if that's what we're supposed to get out of it, it should have been mentioned earlier in the book, not vaguely hinted at in the penultimate issue.

Kind of telling that the latest issue of Web of Black Widow came out yesterday and no one is talking about it...Has been a disappointment
    Personally speaking, I'm enjoying the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Nice undercover outfit.

Trenchcoat...it's super effective .

I was thinking about posting something about the issue, but then I realized what is there to really say. It’s quite bad. The characterizations are weird, it is not particularly saying anything new or insightful with or about the character, and honestly the story is just boring. The whole thing is very generic. Like they just did a quick read up about the character and quickly threw something together. Which is comics, but the good ones make that an art form.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-05-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    It's fine, not awful or anything, just kind of...there's only one issue left and we still have no sort of motivation for the villain?

I did like the scene with Matt. I love their friendship and have missed it lately. I was shocked that they actually went there with Clint and had him shoot her in the side with an arrow...like, the regular pointy kind. That seems kind of extreme for him, when he has all those trick arrows that don't hurt people.

One thing I found interesting is that in the marketing for this book, they talked about missing memories, and I assumed they meant the missing Bucky memories. But in the Bucky issue, she remembered her past with him, and in this issue, the Hawkeye flashbacks are shown with a blank face and she implies that she wasn't 100% sure that this Hawkeye was the same person as the Hawkeye from her past. Which kind of implies that she gained back her Bucky memories in the Waid and Samnee run and her current memory issues are related to her being a clone. But if that's what we're supposed to get out of it, it should have been mentioned earlier in the book, not vaguely hinted at in the penultimate issue.
    Yeah he went pretty quickly from net arrow to just straight seriously wounding her which is something I can barely see the other way around but definitely not like that not when he could have literally shoot anything else.

But the characterizations have been mostly kinda off in what little story we have gotten.

Speaking of: It's kind of ridiculous how little actually happens in these issues.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Yeah he went pretty quickly from net arrow to just straight seriously wounding her which is something I can barely see the other way around but definitely not like that not when he could have literally shoot anything else.

But the characterizations have been mostly kinda off in what little story we have gotten.

Speaking of: It's kind of ridiculous how little actually happens in these issues.
    These are all good analysis. I'm really annoyed that we're getting such a generic and by the numbers, decompressed miniseries for Natasha when she's finally getting her own movie.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    These are all good analysis. I'm really annoyed that we're getting such a generic and by the numbers, decompressed miniseries for Natasha when she's finally getting her own movie.
    Fingers crossed we'll get an actual good book after the movie and this is just a very lukewarm warm up.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Fingers crossed we'll get an actual good book after the movie and this is just a very lukewarm warm up.
    We deserve it. But I'm not hopeful...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Soska Sisters, Jody Houser...

I'm tired of seeing one of my favorite characters written by authors without any relevant previous work.

And get rid of ¨Ghosts of the past" and "Red Rom Menace", please!
    Let's move on!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

I'm tired of seeing one of my favorite characters written by authors without any relevant previous work.

Let's move on!
    I don't understand why they don't hire Genevieve Valentine. I think she could do something really, really different, but also really good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    All that says is she has a stronger than normal immune system. She isn't any stronger or more durable than Dinah. The minute the Canary Cry hits the fight would be over.
    Black widow is enhanced plus the minute black widow hits her with those Gauntlets with the electric shock she will be stopped and it will be over.
    Black widow is enhanced like red guardian.
    Now black carney and black widow are peak human but black widow is more peak human from the russian version of captain america serum you keep forgetting she has.
    She faster and has greater durability and way more gadgets.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not saying Dinah's Cry would not put down Natasha...but she would have to hit her with it. Natasha has the physical advantage due to the Super Soldier Juice. And without the Cry Dinah is just a highly skilled athlete/martial artist. Natasha's Widow's Bite and other gimmicks in the bracelets cancel the advantage of the Cry as they both have ranged weapon in the fight.
    Good point.
    Like i said it would be over for black carney.
    Black widow could stop her.
    The fans voted correctly in the video.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-05-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

Let's move on!
    Houser's had relevant work, as far as what I am aware of, even if she doesn't seem to be bringing her A-game here.
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't understand why they don't hire Genevieve Valentine. I think she could do something really, really different, but also really good.
    Is Valentine even still writing comics?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Black widow is enhanced plus the minute black widow hits her with those Gauntlets with the electric shock she will be stopped and it will be over.
    Black widow is enhanced like red guardian.
    Now black carney and black widow are peak human but black widow is more peak human from the russian version of captain america serum you keep forgetting she has.
    She faster and has greater durability and way more gadgets.
    Black Widow is not more peak human than Dinah and the moment Dinah used the Canary Cry it would be over. Hell, Dinah got his with the gauntlets at least twice in this fight and didn't immediately go down. This fight wasn't based on a realistic outcome of how such a fight would go, it was based on votes. They even filmed an alternate version where Dinah won. Natasha's enhancements begin and end with her slowed aging
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-05-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Widow is not more peak human than Dinah and the moment Dinah used the Canary Cry it would be over. Hell, Dinah got his with the gauntlets at least twice in this fight and didn't immediately go down. This fight wasn't based on a realistic outcome of how such a fight would go, it was based on votes. They even filmed an alternate version where Dinah won. Natasha's enhancements begin and end with her slowed aging
    I disagree.
    Red Room's version of the Super-Soldier Serum increase her strength,speed,endurance and durability.
    Black widow uses gadgets and more skilled plus she is more peak human then dinah.
    They film alternate versions lately for all fights i think.
    They did that with wonder woman vs wolverine for example.