Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Speculator Corner: Inhumans #5, Black Widow #1, Yelena Belova and Florence Pugh

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06/...florence-pugh/

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...ng-black-widow

pugh.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Looking back at The Amazing Spider-Man #86 (1970), it's interesting to see how Black Widow was described as a female copy of Spider-Man, before characters like Spider-Woman came along in 1977.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Looking back at The Amazing Spider-Man #86 (1970), it's interesting to see how Black Widow was described as a female copy of Spider-Man, before characters like Spider-Woman came along in 1977.

I'd argue that what's really interesting is that this is the story that introduces Nat's black suit and despite the line on the cover, goes out of its way to establish that she's
    not
    female Spidey.

Now as far as the Emma Peel comparison...

Ultimate Black Widow by Bachalo...

bachalo black widow.jpg

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'd argue that what's really interesting is that this is the story that introduces Nat's black suit and despite the line on the cover, goes out of its way to establish that she's
    not
    female Spidey.

Makes me wonder if the issue was written specifically to address fans that were comparing her to Spidey. Haha.

Invincible Member

Makes me wonder if the issue was written specifically to address fans that were comparing her to Spidey. Haha.
    Oh I'm sure it was, the characters go as far as to even say it on panel. In the story, Nat revamps her look and set out to re-establish herself as a hero, but she's worried that people will see her as a female version of Spiderman so in order to avoid that she um, er...decides to pick a fight with him. Ultimately she decides that Pete's got his style and and she's got her own unique thing going on and she shouldn't have worried about it in the first place.

DD and BW by Giancarlo Caracuzzo.

dd and bw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If the MCU didn’t exist, Emma Peel from the ITV Avengers is pretty much what I would have imagined a live-action Black Widow to have been like:

I loved that issue.

I think that the re-design of BW making her more powerful and deadly than ishe was in the '60's was the inspiration. We got to see what the new 'Tasha could do. As a non-super powered human, she did go up against Spidey, albeit not his equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I loved that issue.

I think that the re-design of BW making her more powerful and deadly than ishe was in the '60's was the inspiration. We got to see what the new 'Tasha could do. As a non-super powered human, she did go up against Spidey, albeit not his equal.
    True, though I think her "Madame Natasha" outfit will always have a charm to it for me.

True, though I think her "Madame Natasha" outfit will always have a charm to it for me.

Yeah, I like that one too! And the prior versions also! Alright, I always liked Black Widow, bad girl that she used to be. Ya wormed it out of me, lol.

Kevin Feige Hints at How a Black Widow Prequel Could Reveal Secrets of the MCU

https://io9.gizmodo.com/kevin-feige-...-re-1835656005