Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Tales of Suspense #52 Apr 1964
    First appearance of the Black Widow in "The Crimson Dynamo Strikes Again!"
    In the Stark Industries Main Plant, the reformed professor Anton Vanko dons his Crimson Dyano armor to test if a "light laser"
    (a type of laser that difuses different from ordinary light) ray gun is safe for use. He's about to be blasted by the laser,
    but Tony Stark swings towards Vanko using a cable and pushes him out of danger.
    Vanko is disgruntled because his experiments his way of repaying Stark's kindness keep failing.
    Stark consoles him, and suggests Vanko apply additional lead coating in his armor for protection.

In Moscow, Khruschev orders two of his agents, the Black Widow and Boris to dispose of Vanko and Stark, and Iron Man if necessary.

The two villains travel to America in a submarine. Once they arrive, Black Widow presents herself as "Madame Natasha"
    and Boris as her brother and teacher from Ukraine, who has allegedly travelled to America to see Stark's technology.
    Tony is captivated by Widow's beauty, and offers to take her to dinner while Boris explores the factory on his own.

Boris waits for a guard to go on his round and enters a restricted area.
    Using a "special" spray, he corrodes the wall of Vanko's laboratory,
    and breaks in using his super-human strength, intending to kill Anton.
    After Vanko refuses to help sabotage Stark, Boris uses a "jet paralyzer," which incapacitates Vanko and wraps him in a sack.
    He leaves the factory with the sack, claiming it's a package being delivered for Professor Vanko.

Boris reunites with other agents, leaves Vanko in the submarine, and returns to Stark Industries.
    He slips back into Vanko's lab and steals the Crimson Dynamo armor.
    He begins to destroy equipment, in order to both slow down America's defense production, and catch Iron Man's attention.
    Stark is interrupted in the middle of his date with Black Widow and informed of an explosion in his plant.
    Tony returns to his factory with Black Widow, who is secretly rejoicing.
    Tony enters the plant, dons his Iron Man costume, and searches for Vanko,
    thinking his experiments with "laser light" started the chaos.

When he enters Vanko's laboratory, Iron Man finds the Crimson Dynamo.
    Iron Man thinks Vanko has donned his suit to guard his laser light machine, and offers to carry it outside.
    Crimson Dynamo strikes the unsuspecting Golden Avengers from behind with
    an electrical charge that damages his suit's circuits and drains his energy, knocking him out.
    Under cover of the thick blanket of smoke, Boris flees from the factory with Iron Man, and brings him to the submarine.

Iron Man is kept locked behind a steel door in the submarine, and Boris
    returns to soil to meet up with the Black Widow and finish off Tony Stark.
    Iron Man wakes up from his slumber, and recharges his suit using a lightbulb as a rudimentary power outlet.
    As soon as he tears down one of the walls holding him prisoner, Iron Man comes across the captured Vanko,
    and escapes with him after battering a way through the steel hull of the submarine.

When they return to the factory, Iron Man catches Boris by surprise and easily knocks him down.
    However, Boris recovers and strikes down Iron Man.
    Tony recovers and puts Vanko's ray machine out of harm's way before striking back.
    The Black Widow pretends to have been struck down, and calls for Iron Man's help, distracting the hero,
    and allowing Boris to blast Iron Man with an electric discharge. Vanko threatens shooting Boris with his laser light pistol,
    but the villain thinks he's bluffing. However, Vanko makes good on his threat, claiming America has been good to him,
    and shoots at Boris, causing the machine to explode and kill them both. Black Widow takes advantage of the confusion and escapes.
    Once the dust settles, Iron Man claims that Vanko sacrificed himself to prove his loyalty to America, and he shall never be forgotten.

The following day, Tony Stark is informed through a report of "Madame Natasha"'s true identity.
    Tony pities her, and the Black Widow is later seen on the run, lonely, abandoned, and in fear.

Script by Stan Lee (plot) and Don Rico (as N. Korok), art by Don Heck
    I wonder how these stories would look depicted in the sliding timeline today? Hmm. In particular Natasha's outfits.

Nat in Avengers NO ROAD HOME.
    dd and nat.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Nat in Avengers NO ROAD HOME.
    dd and nat.jpg
    Whoa, in the same panel as Daredevil! Any dialog?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I don't know, sorry.

Looks like a flash-back scene.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I don't know, sorry.

Looks like a flash-back scene.
    Oh yeah, I just noticed the hair and costume

Cannot wait!!!!

endgame .jpg

Twitter picture
    D4fjGRFUwAEvbLj.jpg
    ©mspinesdrawings.ofc

Kevin Feige Confirms ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Is The Final Phase 3 Movie – The ‘Black Widow’ Movie Seemingly Will Now Kick-Off Phase 4 As The First Installment
    https://hnentertainment.co/kevin-fei...t-installment/

While this hasn’t been announced, it would suggest that Cate Shortland’s Black Widow movie is actually the first movie in Phase 4. Widow has yet to be given an official release date but since it’s supposed to kick off its production this June at Pinewood Studios UK (wrapping in October) we would assume that it would be the film to nab the May 1st, 2020 spot over something like The Eternals that is expected to begin filming months later in September.

Black Widow’s cast is shaping up nicely with Rachel Weisz, David Harbour, Florence Pugh, and O-T Fagbenle joining Scarlett Johansson in the spy flick.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 04-22-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Incredible Member

A few more old french covers with Natasha:
    Couv_13021.jpg

strange-n-152-comics-marvel.jpg

if you like them you can find more on my thread dedicated to the rare french covers of the late Jean Frisano:https://community.cbr.com/showthread...h-cover-artist

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    spoilers:
    In the finale, Vision calls in simulacrums of heroes across marvel history to fight Nyx. There's a nice representation of characters across the Marvel I (including Elektra!), but they're not quite 'real' and i don't think any of them have dialogue.
    end of spoilers

Just got back from seeing Endgame in Australia.

My overriding thought:
    spoilers:
    That can't be how MCU Natasha's story ends. It just CAN'T!
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

No clues about Endgame.

However, in comicsland, I really enjoyed Black Widow #4. The art and fight scenes were really solid!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Nat went hardcore there mutilating the dude.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2019 at 08:03 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I thought the fight was really exciting and well laid out. I don't know that this story was "necessary" for Nat, but it wasn't quite as frustrating as I was afraid of from the first issue's setup. So I'm glad!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post

My overriding thought:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, doesn't that ending mean it's IMPOSSIBLE for her to have a movie? Either it's a prequel or about a legacy character.
    end of spoilers

Beware, there's major spoilers in the wild.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post

My overriding thought:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She had the least satisfying conclusion by far
    end of spoilers