Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

I really would like to see a Black Widow/Spider-Woman mini by Hopeless and Walsh.

walsh goodness.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Tales of Suspense #53 May 1964
    Second appearance of the Black Widow in "The Black Widow Strikes Again!"
    After months of working on an anti-gravity device to no avail, Tony Stark arranges its circuits at random out of exasperation,
    causing the machine to miraculously work. The device causes a gizmo to float above Stark's head,
    and Happy Hogan saves him from being crushed by its fall. As a result of being caught off-guard by Happy's rescue,
    Tony drops the anti-grav device, causing its wires to fuse. While it still works, he can't analyze its make-up to recreate it.

The following day, Stark tests the device in the Pentagon. A reporter that had gotten in the restricted area gets a scoop,
    and the existence of the anti-grav device is reported by a diary. Said news arrives in the USSR,
    and Nikita Khrushchev states stealing said weapon would have been a perfect job for the Black Widow,
    if only he could find her, following the frustration of her latest mission at the hands of Iron Man.
    However, the Black Widow, who is still hiding in America, acquires the information on the device by herself,
    and plans to steal it to get back in the USSR's good graces. She writes a letter to Tony Stark, hoping to reconcile with him.

A day later, Tony arranges a date with Madame Natasha. The genius inventor seemingly falls for Natasha's charm,
    and shows her the anti-grav device. After a little demonstration, Natasha uses a paralysing gas on Tony,
    and runs away with the anti-gravity machine. After Pepper finds him unconscious, Tony recovers from the assault
    and ponders that he had underestimated the Black Widow. He had merely pretended to trust her in order to learn of her plans,
    but he didn't think she was going to act so fast. Tony suits up as Iron Man and goes looking for Black Widow,
    while he recalls his past encounter against her and her late partner Boris.

After using the anti-grav device to steal jewelry, the Black Widow calls to Moscow and asks Khrushchev if she's forgiven.
    Khrushchev forgives her, and sends his men to track down Black Widow's call in order to help her.
    Meanwhile in Washington, a senator is interviewed by the press regarding the theft of Stark's invention,
    and he states Stark's behavior was borderline criminal negligence, generating negative press about Stark's loyalty to his country.

Back in his lab, Tony gives up on trying to recreate his invention and gets back to looking for the Black Widow.
    The villainess attacks Stark's factories, causing objects to float and destroy the facility.

Iron Man returns to his plant and repairs the damage, but the Black Widow has already targeted another facility.

Later that night, the Black Widow is surprised by the arrival of three fellow agents who had been sent to help her.
    One of them is eager to try Stark's invention, and uses it on a car. The floating car catches Iron Man's attention,
    and the Golden Avenger picks up the car and throws it at the origin of the anti-grav ray.
    He easily takes care of Black Widow's fellow agents, but she uses a reverse mechanism in the anti-grav ray
    to pin him down while she escapes, and then raises the building and lets it fall, crushing Iron Man beneath it.
    In the time it takes for Iron Man to escape from the rubble, the Black Widow and her agents travel to Fort Knox.

She uses the device to lift an entire mountain, and neutralize the tanks and army forces charging at her.
    Iron Man arrives and slows the descent of the tanks, before moving on to Black Widow.
    He uses a proton electronic charge that destroys the ray's output, rendering the anti-grav device useless.
    With the ray out of action, the mountain begins to fall, and Black Widow takes her
    chance to escape, while Iron Man rescues her fellow agents that were about to be crushed.

Minutes later, Iron Man debriefs two soldiers about the fate of the anti-grav ray,
    and the two military men thank him for "correcting" Tony Stark's "bumbling mistakes."

Script by Stan Lee (plot) and Don Rico (as N. Korok), art by Don Heck

Black Widow by Deodato and Jeff Matsuda.

deodato BW.jpg
    jeff matsuda BW.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The first issue did have a Nat and Steve interaction. She did bring it up, either in her head or dialogue, can't recall which.
    Ah, okay. Sounds familiar. Might have to go dig my copy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Nope.

I'm still waiting for something about the clone stuff but I'm sure they are going to ingnore it and move on, as usual.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Ugh
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Old stuff. I love it.

avengers reunion.jpg
    trio.jpg

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Her current book is still just the stated 5 issue mini, right? Ending next month, it hasn't had one of those surprise extensions?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Her current book is still just the stated 5 issue mini, right? Ending next month, it hasn't had one of those surprise extensions?
    Issue #5 is the last.

Captain Marvel #6 variant cover by Adi Granov.
    GRANOV CAPTAIN MARVEL 6.jpg

The "Marvel #1 redhead" thread has made me want to verify this.

Natasha is a natural redhead, right? Even though she debuted with black hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The "Marvel #1 redhead" thread has made me want to verify this.

Natasha is a natural redhead, right? Even though she debuted with black hair?
    Yes.

So is Wanda, another character that debuted with black hair.

Black Widow's Story Was Nearly More Heart-Breaking After Thanos' Snap

https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-thanos-snap-orphans/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It was going to be WORSE? Oh, dear.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Black Widow in Secret War by Gabriele Dell'otto.

secret war BW.jpg

Black Widow had another poor sales month.
    Black Widow 4 13,459 Bad!
    Domino: Hotshots 2 18,963 Not good, but better than Natasha's solo
    Avengers Edge of Infinity 18,401

Bad numbers.