Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Me too! They seem determined to keep her staring in her own comic on-and-off despite sales.
    Plus when she's in another book she is always written as a capable boss.

(I'm less thrilled about where her MCU plotline is at though...)
    Agreed while I've never been a big fan of the whole clone trope in comic books it works to perfection here.

(Her MCU plotline is indeed less than thrilling.)
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Variant cover by Joe Chiodo.

chiodo .jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Natasha and Yelena.

NATASHA AND YELENA.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Natasha in Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History

ultimate natasha.jpg

Black Widow by Joe Bennett.

BENNETT BW.jpg

Speculator Corner: Wizard 1998 Marvel Knights Special, Yelena Belova and Florence Pugh

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...florence-pugh/

MCU ladies salute Black Widow
    D-umdPbXsAcbj8x.jpg

Black Widow moves production from Budapest to London.

https://thegww.com/marvels-black-wid...est-to-london/

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Could someone one recommend the best Black Widow stories to read yo see Natasha Ramanova at her best?

Ultimate Member

The Name of the Rose by Marjorie Liu was really good.

Nathan Edmondson's run was quite good as well.

The mini that introduces Yelena Belova would also be good to read, if rumors about the upcoming film are correct.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The Name of the Rose by Marjorie Liu was really good.

Nathan Edmondson's run was quite good as well.

The mini that introduces Yelena Belova would also be good to read, if rumors about the upcoming film are correct.
    All really excellent suggestions. I also recommend the continuation of Yelena by Grayson and Rucka. And Secret Avengers by Warren Ellis, the whole six issue run, but there's a single issue there that's really excellent for Nat by herself. Lastly, Kelly Sue Deconnick did two issues of Avengers Assemble (12 and 13 https://www.comixology.com/Avengers-...GlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM) which are a really nice movie-influenced tale of Nat, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Could someone one recommend the best Black Widow stories to read yo see Natasha Ramanova at her best?
    The Secret Avengers comics have in general shown Natasha at her toughest, and feature her interacting with many characters (which her solo books often don't do)
    The runs by Warren Ellis, Nick Spencer, and Ales Kot are all good.

And while it wasn't super-popular around these parts, the Mark Waid & Chris Samee Black Widow run was IMO a solid story that serves as a good introduction to her. (Probably because it repeats a lot of plot points from past stories). It's stylish and cool.
    Last edited by Cowtools; 07-07-2019 at 06:28 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

The Secret Avengers comics have in general shown Natasha at her toughest, and feature her interacting with many characters (which her solo books often don't do)
    The runs by Warren Ellis, Nick Spencer, and Ales Not are all good.

And while it wasn't super-popular around these parts, the Mark Waid & Chris Samee Black Widow run was IMO a solid story that serves as a good introduction to her. (Probably because it repeats a lot of plot points from past stories). It's stylish and cool.
    I'm not a fan of the Waid/Samnee run for the writing, but I will say the art was top notch.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

The runs by Warren Ellis, Nick Spencer, and Ales Not are all good.

I have read the entire Nathan Edmondson and I thought it was good.