Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Marvel Team-Up #85 Sep 1979
    "The Woman Who Never Was!" Part 4 of 4. Guest-starring Spider-Man, Shang-Chi, Nick Fury and the Black Widow.
    The situation has come down to this...the Amazing Spider-Man, the Master of Kung Fu, the director of SHIELD and the Black Widow

must prevent the Viper from crashing the Heli-carrier into the U.S. Capitol Building
    or virtually all members of the U.S. government will perish!
    While the president is delivering his speech to the joint session of the Congress,
    the web-slinger and Nick Fury struggle to gain control of the Heli-carrier's flight control system!
    Meanwhile, the Black Widow and the Viper engage in a life-and-death battle on top of the Heli-carrier!

Can the four heroes save the United States from anarchy?

Or will the Viper push America towards the brink of chaos? An awesome ending!
    NOTE: This four-part story is the signature team-up of Spider-Man and the Black Widow in the annals of Marvel.

Script by Chris Claremont. Art by Sal Buscema (breakdowns) and Steve Leialoha (finishes).

That "Nancy Rushman" story was great and I love seeing g the Widow beat Viper, pretty easily too!

I don't like that the movie version does not have enhanced strength like in these older comics. In the '70's Marvel stated Natasha could bench press 300 pounds. Around 2010, Marvel updated that to 500 pounds.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

One Way to Drive Bitcoin Prices Down in Web of Black Widow #2 [Preview]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...dow-2-preview/
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    One Way to Drive Bitcoin Prices Down in Web of Black Widow #2 [Preview]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...dow-2-preview/
    Natasha in a swimsuit! Natasha meeting Bucky in a swimsuit .

#2 was disappointing. Bucky and Nat don’t fight each other, they don’t explain themselves to one another, they help the other bury the body regardless of pretty much anything. The US government ordering Bucky to stop or prevent Black Widow is, I’m sorry, just poor research.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-09-2019 at 10:38 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    #2 was disappointing. Bucky and Nat don’t fight each other, they don’t explain themselves to one another, they help the other bury the body regardless of pretty much anything. The US government ordering Bucky to stop or prevent Black Widow is, I’m sorry, just poor research.
    I don't think it was BAD, but it definitely was kind of what I expected from Houser: bog standard, bare minimum stuff. The art still lifts it to the next level, though. I managed to snag the Mary Jane cover, which makes me happy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm loving the gold .

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yeah it was, especially after the first one didn't necessarily blow me away either. It's all just much more style than substance over a flimsy story that feels way too familiar and teases more than it tells so far.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I was excited about this series but the story is disappointing so far. Even Stephen Mooney's art oscillates within the same story, sometimes he draws an ugly Natasha.
    ugly natasha.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 10-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.

black widow by jrjr.jpg
    BW in Daredevil #262