Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

love the new theme music. they might actually pull this off.

p.s. disappointed in the lack of talking bear

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    love the new theme music. they might actually pull this off.

p.s. disappointed in the lack of talking bear
    Look they gave you a talking raccoon and a talking tree already, don't get greedy!

Fantastic trailer.

Awesome!!!!

I want a sequel already!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure how open people would be to that.
    Not very. I was never fond of Yelena as a substitute for Natasha. I guess she has her fans, but I don't see audiences accepting her as the central character.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Look they gave you a talking raccoon and a talking tree already, don't get greedy!
    can i trade the tree for the bear? or Groot needs to speak with a hokey russian accent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I know we have Red Guardian but I also would have loved to see some of the Soviet Super Soldiers (especially Darkstar as she has an independent history with Black Widow).

Still, this looks great! I’m so ready to see Black Widow at the forefront of her own story.
    Well, if this is a trilogy -- there is always that possibility. It would be awesome to see the Russia's Avengers in action. I have to admit that the Red Guardian scene was my favorite part of the trailer -- also liked that slick animation towards the end.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Really liking this first trailer and what it showed. Got more exposition than most initial trailers deliver. Usually a first trailer for these type films is heavy action sequence after the next with a few scattered lines. The second trailer where we get some good Rachel Weisz ought to be fantastic!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

i feel badly for Taskmaster. i'm getting the sense that this is an in-name-only situation. he won't be helped or hurt by the live-action portrayal. i think he could have been a decent solo lead; Deadpool with Venom's sensibilities.

I'm still hoping to see a Winter Soldier cameo or a flashback scene.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, if this is a trilogy -- there is always that possibility. It would be awesome to see the Russia's Avengers in action. I have to admit that the Red Guardian scene was my favorite part of the trailer -- also liked that slick animation towards the end.
    Not quite sure if this timeline aligns for a trilogy. That’s a lot to happen to Black Widow between Civil War and Infinity War, particularly as she’s been established as having spent at least some of that time as a member of Cap’s Secret Avengers (with Falcon and Scarlet Witch). And the Black Widow we saw in Infinity War wasn’t that altered from the one we saw in Civil War. One major event having not changed her might be acceptable, but three is a stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i feel badly for Taskmaster. i'm getting the sense that this is an in-name-only situation. he won't be helped or hurt by the live-action portrayal. i think he could have been a decent solo lead; Deadpool with Venom's sensibilities.
    I'm not in love with how they adapted his design for film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm still hoping to see a Winter Soldier cameo or a flashback scene.
    I'm wondering if Red Guardian is being used in place of Winter Soldier's role in the Black Widow program.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if he'll end up being her ex in the films as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not in love with how they adapted his design for film.

I'm wondering if Red Guardian is being used in place of Winter Soldier's role in the Black Widow program.
    He doesn't need to fill Winter Soldier's role in her history. Red Guardian serves a specific role in her history and the history of the Soviet programmes that they came through to meet their current roles. Red Guardian's association with Nat's past is infinitely more important than the role Bucky played.

I liked that Milena called him out for being fat. It's a funny moment that plays on the "what happens when a character retires" and also explains why we've not yet heard of a Red Guardian, it's evidently been awhile since he served active duty.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

It’s confirmed that they’re going for Yelena having gone through the program with Natasha together, which IMO is a waste of story potential. But C la V

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wonder if he'll end up being her ex in the films as well?
    I have a feeling that they’re merging Ivan and Alexei’s characters here.