Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 581
  1. #76
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Guess we'll need to wait until June solicits to find out for sure whether this series is ending at 5. The listed trade on Amazon collects #1-5 of the series and it doesn't have a "Volume 1" in the title or anything.

  2. #77
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Guess we'll need to wait until June solicits to find out for sure whether this series is ending at 5. The listed trade on Amazon collects #1-5 of the series and it doesn't have a "Volume 1" in the title or anything.
    Then again, there might not be an issue #6 in June, but there could be one in July.

    It is so annoying when Marvel pulls that "stealth cancellation" crap, though, especially since that's what happened with the last Black Widow series (by Samnee and Waid).

  3. #78
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,117

    Default

    Finally got a chance to read my copy (that I walked in the snow to my LCS this morning to get!), and enjoyed it. It's more violent than I like, but I'm hoping that it's going somewhere, and isn't just a revenge fantasy all the way through. It would help if Nat had more characters she was connected to - Tyger turned out to be much less prominent in this issue that the cover suggested, sadly.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  4. #79
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Finally got a chance to read my copy (that I walked in the snow to my LCS this morning to get!), and enjoyed it. It's more violent than I like, but I'm hoping that it's going somewhere, and isn't just a revenge fantasy all the way through. It would help if Nat had more characters she was connected to . . .
    Being returned to life in a clone body where not everybody may realize she's "alive" again may not be very helpful in terms of having more characters she's connected to.

  5. #80
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Being returned to life in a clone body where not everybody may realize she's "alive" again may not be very helpful in terms of having more characters she's connected to.
    I know. It's a big part of why I am not fond of Secret Empire. Well. There's lots of big parts of that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  6. #81
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    So far this is reminding me a lot of "The Things They Say About Her" by Morgan; I think that's the only other series where Natasha plays Punisher this hard.

    I'm happy to see the appearance of Actual Villains instead of skeevy mafia cannon-fodder, though. We don't see Natasha interacting with a lot of major MU villains in her own stories? I'm really interested to see where that goes.
    And I don't think Natasha has fought Madame Masque one-on-one before? I can't remember. I know there was that subplot with the Madame Masque clone (?) in 90s Avengers that sort of got resolved in the Nefaria Protocols, but that wasn't actually Whitney, right? Either way, I like this pairing. I used to think Madame Masque could be set-up as one of Natasha's nemeses but I think Kate Bishop has kind of claimed Whitney for her own.

  7. #82
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Ah, looks like Marvel.com wasn't lying, it is ending at #5: https://twitter.com/twisted_twins/st...47688331378688
    It's really weird that they never once said that this was a miniseries in solicits or in their promotion for this? They've been doing a ton of miniseries lately and they didn't hide that fact with any of the rest. Maybe they wanted to give it the opportunity to expand if sales were high enough?

    I'm really surprised that Marvel wouldn't just give Natasha a straight-up ongoing since they know that the movie is coming out soon. And neither of her upcoming team spots are permanent. I don't want to have to wait until next year for more ;_;
    Last edited by responsarbre; 02-21-2019 at 04:13 AM.

  8. #83
    Fantastic Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Ah, looks like Marvel.com wasn't lying, it is ending at #5: https://twitter.com/twisted_twins/st...47688331378688
    It's really weird that they never once said that this was a miniseries in solicits or in their promotion for this? They've been doing a ton of miniseries lately and they didn't hide that fact with any of the rest. Maybe they wanted to give it the opportunity to expand if sales were high enough?

    I'm really surprised that Marvel wouldn't just give Natasha a straight-up ongoing since they know that the movie is coming out soon. And neither of her upcoming team spots are permanent. I don't want to have to wait until next year for more ;_;
    I seem to remember it being advertised as a five-issue mini from the beginning. Or maybe it was left vague, but the solitics did say #1 (of 5) and so on. I'm sure they'll do something else with her as soon as the story ends, but it is frustrating that she has all these short-lived series and minis that don't give her enough time to build up a consistent rogues gallery and supporting character cast.

  9. #84
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    No, the initial press releases and interviews never really made reference to the idea that it was a miniseries, unlike the ones for Winter Soldier, Black Order, or Killmonger, and the actual solicitations never had the (of 5)! Those only show up when you check it out on Marvel.com. So, #IWantedToBelieve there could be more ... too bad.

    Like you said, they're sort of stifling her development as a lead character with all these false starts.

  10. #85
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post

    And I don't think Natasha has fought Madame Masque one-on-one before? I can't remember. I know there was that subplot with the Madame Masque clone (?) in 90s Avengers that sort of got resolved in the Nefaria Protocols, but that wasn't actually Whitney, right? Either way, I like this pairing. I used to think Madame Masque could be set-up as one of Natasha's nemeses but I think Kate Bishop has kind of claimed Whitney for her own.
    Yep.

    I need to read this story right now.
    cover.jpg
    widow vs masque.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  11. #86
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,181

    Default

    fight.jpg
    FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Cannot wait!
    masque vs natasha.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  12. #87
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,181

    Default

    Badass!

    FLAVIANO BW.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  13. #88
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,117

    Default

    Really enjoyed the art and colors on this series.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  14. #89
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Black Widow movie #confirmed not to be R-rated: https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02...g-kevin-feige/
    Phew!

    Also AFAIK this is the most that Feige has even acknowledged its existence of yet.

  15. #90
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,181

    Default

    BW by Mahmud Asrar.

    asrar BW.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •