Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Really enjoyed the art and colors on this series.
    I think it's just ok. A more "mainstream" artist I think would improve the series. I'm not sure who I would want ideally, but someone with a I guess "slicker" or tighter style.

The dialogue was a bit clunky in some spots but overall I am enjoy the story so far.
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-26-2019 at 06:33 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It's not the best art I've ever seen, but it's nice. I like thick lines and bold colors, especially for Nat.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I really like the expressive faces Flaviano draws.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Spoken for truth! That’s a welcome surprise.

Honestly, still not my favorite take on her. Still have images rumbling around my head of her leading the Avengers, chilling with DD back in SF, all of Brubaker, Ellis’ Secret Avengers, blah, blah, blah. But she’s such an interesting character I wouldn’t dare not follow this series.

.... but man the head blugdeoning thing just felt .... off.

Domino Hotshots #1 preview:
    https://www.newsarama.com/44130-domi...1-preview.html

And look at that - Neena actually mentions Nat being a Champion like it's something to be proud of - I guess Kamala's team have had a positive effect on the old LA team's rep!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-28-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She did lead the team, after all!

This looks like it’s exactly what I need to cure my crabbiness about the direction they’re taking in her mini. Can’t wait to pick this up.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post

This looks like it’s exactly what I need to cure my crabbiness about the direction they’re taking in her mini.
    This mini will be forgotten in a few months...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Has Gail Simone ever written a Black Widow series? That preview seems to nail it. I’ve read some of her Birds of Prey. I’ll take a new Widow series w/ Simone and Guice please.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Domino Hotshots #1 preview:
    https://www.newsarama.com/44130-domi...1-preview.html

And look at that - Neena actually mentions Nat being a Champion like it's something to be proud of - I guess Kamala's team have had a positive effect on the old LA team's rep!
    Simone writes a pretty good Widow (although I don't think Domino would gush over her that much, she'd probably treat her more as a peer).

I picked up Hotshots and it was alright. The preview covers most of the Natasha-heavy part, but I do like how David Baldeon draws her, and the team dynamic that Simone set up is pretty interesting. I'll be sticking with it.

Also, some interesting casting news for the movie.
    http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/0...n-black-widow/
    http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/0...widow-villain/

I really can't tell who any of the supporting cast or the villains are supposed to be. I sure hope that secondary lead isn't Yelena ... although I kind of suspected that the movies would try to give her and Natasha a "former friends" dynamic like in the New Avengers novel. That's what they did with Mordo, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I picked up Hotshots and it was alright. The preview covers most of the Natasha-heavy part, but I do like how David Baldeon draws her, and the team dynamic that Simone set up is pretty interesting. I'll be sticking with it.

Also, some interesting casting news for the movie.
    http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/0...n-black-widow/
    http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/0...widow-villain/

I really can't tell who any of the supporting cast or the villains are supposed to be. I sure hope that secondary lead isn't Yelena ... although I kind of suspected that the movies would try to give her and Natasha a "former friends" dynamic like in the New Avengers novel. That's what they did with Mordo, after all.
    My first thought was the were going for Yelena.

As cliche as it is in the comics at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the plot of the movie is Natasha finding out someone re-started the Black Widow program.

I like Red Room's Black Widow program.

Russian spies have always facinated me and l myself have a third BW agent created after Yelena Belova went AWOL.
    Her name is Tatiana Dubanova.
    alianenko.JPG
    página 4.jpg
    pagina 2.jpg

Natasha by Nic Klein.

tumblr_pmamnzWJtF1s2lswpo1_400.jpg