Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Default Catwoman #12 Lau Variant

CATWOMAN #12 LAU VARIANT

Stanley Lau seemingly unable to do any wrong at the moment, such a sensational cover!

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...2-lau-variant/

Quote Originally Posted by allforgeeks View Post
    CATWOMAN #12 LAU VARIANT

Stanley Lau seemingly unable to do any wrong at the moment, such a sensational cover!

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...2-lau-variant/
    There was some discussion last month about that variant cover in another thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...40s-Look/page6

BANNED

It's game night in Harley Quinn#61

Selina is back in Gotham, and Harley and Tina are trying to help her deal with her heartbreak over Bruce, Selina at one point suggests they rob a jewellery parlour rather than play games, then Harley breaks things and reality is altered!

Selina's in her current outfit, so this is no prequel

She probably has to travel back-and-forth to look after her cats

https://www.newsarama.com/44953-otto...review.html#s3
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-28-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's game night in Harley Quinn#61

Selina is back in Gotham, and Harley and Tina are trying to help her deal with her heartbreak over Bruce, Selina at one point suggests they rob a jewellery parlour rather than play games, then Harley breaks things and reality is altered!

regular cover by Guillem March

Frank Cho variant cover

This goes into how one views the continuity, but I wouldn't judge when a story is set in continuity on art or costume alone. You need references to other stories in order to judge it a prequel (or sequel) to another old story. Catwoman is using her current costume because it is the costume she wears in the stories published right now.

I also judge Harley Quinn to be a highly unreliable narrator—the stories she headlines are in continuity because they sorta happened, but not necessarily in the way they were told.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Currently reading Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale and about halfway through. Really recommended: it really manages to nail Catwoman as both vulnerable, strong, hurt, independent, and isolated at the same time. I'm not really sure it works as a basis for the adult feline fatale with her overt sexuality, and having Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle having been childhood friends would likely cause troubles for in-continuity tales (and there are references to both Wonder Woman and Supergirl), but both Selina and Bruce feels true to themselves.

Here is a long interview with writer Lauren Myracle over at Newsweek (!).

The thing about Selina Kyle is she’s this kid. She’s 15 and she’s not yet an adult. And in the beginning of the story she’s gotten in over her head into situations where it’s hard to wrap her head around them. Yet we know from general lore she's going to be fiercely independent, shy and screw up her relationships. And yet she finds her own morality. In my story she’s living a life on these streets as a street kid and you don’t go from playing with My Little Ponies to becoming a renegade, homeless girl who fights murderers. So it has to be dark, right? The darkness, the grittiness of Gotham City, of real life for so many kids that informs Selina becoming the resilient, tough, and yes, a wounded and scarred young woman that she is. DC never blinked an eye and I was so appreciative of that. And I often thought this is a comic book, it’s supposed to be big and if I’m going to tell a story I’m going to tell a story. I’m not going to hold back.
    Last edited by kjn; 05-13-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Currently reading Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale and about halfway through. Really recommended: it really manages to nail Catwoman as both vulnerable, strong, hurt, independent, and isolated at the same time. I'm not really sure it works as a basis for the adult feline fatale with her over sexuality, and having Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle having been childhood friends would likely cause troubles for in-continuity tales (and there are references to both Wonder Woman and Supergirl), but both Selina and Bruce feels true to themselves.
    I got the version that was available for FCBD this year:

To me it was very "Meh!", but an old guy like me wasn't really the targeted audience for this.
    (Maybe a female about a third of my age who possibly watched the Gotham TV show would have liked it better than I did.)

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Currently reading Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale and about halfway through. Really recommended: it really manages to nail Catwoman as both vulnerable, strong, hurt, independent, and isolated at the same time. I'm not really sure it works as a basis for the adult feline fatale with her overt sexuality, and having Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle having been childhood friends would likely cause troubles for in-continuity tales (and there are references to both Wonder Woman and Supergirl), but both Selina and Bruce feels true to themselves.

Here is a long interview with writer Lauren Myracle over at Newsweek (!).
    I also read the FCBD snippet and I really enjoyed what I read, makes me want to check out the full version once I get the chance. Looks like a really nice exploration of young Selina.

Having finished it, I can confirm that it's a good read. Its plotting could have been tightened up a bit, and there is a big hook for a sequel left hanging, but it's a good take of Catwoman as a girl (as opposed to a story of how Selina Kyle became Catwoman, if the distinction makes sense). It manages to wrestle in a thoughtful manner with things like feelings of isolation, abuse within the family, homelessness, self-harm, and trust.

BANNED

August solicit. Another fill in story.

CATWOMAN #14
    written by RAM V
    art by MIRKA ANDOLFO
    cover by JOELLE JONES
    card stock variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    A secret file out-lining the ins and outs of the criminal underworld of Villa Hermosa is on the streets, and every crook is after it. Whoever possesses this info can control everything, and some of the town’s hoods are even bringing in outside agents like Lock-Up and Gentleman Ghost to act as their champions—which, let’s face it, you’re going to need if you’re going to try to outsmart Catwoman. Making things even more dangerous for Selina Kyle, there is also a price on her head. If you can capture the database and kill the Catwoman, the payoff is double!
    ON SALE 08.14.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

I've been thinking about this and I wonder, because the whole gimmick between Batman and Catwoman is that Batman always chases Catwoman, have there even be a story that reverses that? With Catwoman chasing Batman? That feels like something that should've happened already but I can not think of any examples, and if not I really wanna see how that kind of interaction would work.

August solicit. Another fill in story.

That B:TAS costume Artgerm variant...meow .
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I've been thinking about this and I wonder, because the whole gimmick between Batman and Catwoman is that Batman always chases Catwoman, have there even be a story that reverses that? With Catwoman chasing Batman? That feels like something that should've happened already but I can not think of any examples, and if not I really wanna see how that kind of interaction would work.
    I can't think of any. The closest I can think of isn't really a reversal so much as Catwoman deliberately committing a crime so Batman would chase her and they could have a "date."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't think of any. The closest I can think of isn't really a reversal so much as Catwoman deliberately committing a crime so Batman would chase her and they could have a "date."
    Yeah I think of that as most of the usual stories between them, she steals something basically just so Batman can chase her because that's what they get a kick out of. I would love to see how it would work if Batman's the one who took something and she has to chase after him, I really wanna see how that would turn out. Would it be as "playful", or would it result in Selina being more reflective about each other, in a very "So that's what that feels like" kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah I think of that as most of the usual stories between them, she steals something basically just so Batman can chase her because that's what they get a kick out of. I would love to see how it would work if Batman's the one who took something and she has to chase after him, I really wanna see how that would turn out. Would it be as "playful", or would it result in Selina being more reflective about each other, in a very "So that's what that feels like" kind of way.
    Actually...that reminds me of how they handled The Return story where Bruce was posing as a criminal and "checking in" on his family and loved ones before revealing he was back. There was one issue with Catwoman.

I think that might be what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Actually...that reminds me of how they handled The Return story where Bruce was posing as a criminal and "checking in" on his family and loved ones before revealing he was back. There was one issue with Catwoman.

I think that might be what you're looking for.
    I assume that's Bruce Wayne: The Road Home you're talking about, where he's "the Insider". That isn't exactly the type of story I was thinking of, one with actual chasing in it, but it did have some of the things I was looking for, seeing a more open and vulnerable Selina interacting with a mysterious and commanding Bruce.