Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    See, if they were clearly half gloves, I wouldn’t mind them but they are sort of an in between. The weirdness comes from the unnecessary design choice of not having the gloves connected to the sleeve. It looks better all as one suit.

When it all comes down to it, her suit has never been practical in anyway.

1) Her eyes and mouth are exposed. Not so much a problem for Batman when he at least puts on eye liner to make him more mysterious, something Kyle doesn’t even attempt to do. I know covering her mouth would make her look like Black Panther but she did come first, which leads to my second point...

2) Why not use a hood? I get the cat motif but the ears don’t make any practical sense. Again, with Batman, they serve a point when a writer chooses it to be so. A burglar suit should never be “for the sake of it”. She got her nickname because of her skills, not her costume.

3) Leather? Forget the sex appeal. Being a thief and wearing leather makes just as much sense as a liberal in Alabama. How in the hell can she make all these jumps and kicks and sneaking around wearing a material well-known to be very restrictive?

Hate me all you want. Her suit needed a far more drastic change than this.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    When it all comes down to it, her suit has never been practical in anyway.

1) Her eyes and mouth are exposed. Not so much a problem for Batman when he at least puts on eye liner to make him more mysterious, something Kyle doesn’t even attempt to do. I know covering her mouth would make her look like Black Panther but she did come first, which leads to my second point...

2) Why not use a hood? I get the cat motif but the ears don’t make any practical sense. Again, with Batman, they serve a point when a writer chooses it to be so. A burglar suit should never be “for the sake of it”. She got her nickname because of her skills, not her costume.

3) Leather? Forget the sex appeal. Being a thief and wearing leather makes just as much sense as a liberal in Alabama. How in the hell can she make all these jumps and kicks and sneaking around wearing a material well-known to be very restrictive?

Hate me all you want. Her suit needed a far more drastic change than this.
    Titillation over practicality and common sense is usually the point when it comes to outfitting most female characters sadly. Catwoman needs to be sexy that's part of her appeal. She isn't Lois or Diana. Fan Service is required.

This my favourite Catwoman costume. It's less fetish more chic and at least it's not a long length cleavage revealing purple frock. THAT just made no sense.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I think Catwoman can be sexy also without fancy and unpractical costume, like it happens in the video games "Batman; the Telltale series", where she is sexy thank to her smile, her glance, her moves, her words, her way to approach Bruce, not her costume.
    Last edited by Gotham citizen; 11-17-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I think Catwoman can be sexy also without fancy and unpractical costume, like it happens in the video games "Batman; the Telltale series", where she is sexy thank to her smile, her glance, her moves, her words, her way to approach Bruce, not her costume.
    Her costume in that game is still skintight black leather like her other costumes though.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Whit some particulars (like the backpack) that they made it simply perfect.

Spectacular Member

I was thinking about how they did it in that Injustice game. I don’t have the game so I had to search YouTube for this but she’d look more grounded in reality if she had this for her mask. It’s in the wrong color but it’s the best I could find from the videos I’ve searched, so bear with me:

https://i.ibb.co/9qtD18s/2-D22434-C-...202-B8-ADB.jpg
    Last edited by FBarnhill; 11-18-2019 at 02:29 AM.

I just read Catwoman #17. Always a treat when Jones pencils. I'm not up with this YOTV stuff but I was able to piece it together enough to enjoy the book. I like the meta part of the issue where the action fast forwards. The book really is a sort of forced story to play in to YOTV but Jones does a good job of transitioning from her own plot to this mandated one.

I'm interested in the costume change that happened when Selina stepped out of the laz pit. Is that a thing the pit does? Rejuvenate clothing as well? Anyone know the finer points of the pit's mechanics? I'm glad about the costume change though. I hope it sticks around. I wasn't super keen on the previous pvc design with the half gloves and whatever you call that kind if top.

The acetate cover does something interesting here, demonstrating Selina's duality which ties into the story itself.

I'm not sure I understand what's going on with Lex and what the plan is. I'm not sure I care either but at least it creates an impression of gravitas. Frankly, the series needed a shot in the arm as it had been, as Selina admits: "an entertaining distraction" but it failed to produce a feeling that there were stakes. Enough that Cat sought out a meeting with Zatana. I'm still not sure if the Creel story line is meant to interweave with YOTV though. I hope so, I'm getting bored of Creel.

Also, cute helmet.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I was thinking about how they did it in that Injustice game. I don’t have the game so I had to search YouTube for this but she’d look more grounded in reality if she had this for her mask. It’s in the wrong color but it’s the best I could find from the videos I’ve searched, so bear with me:

https://i.ibb.co/9qtD18s/2-D22434-C-...202-B8-ADB.jpg
    It's practical, but visually I just don't think it would work that well. Catwoman is too expressive for that kind of mask.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I just read Catwoman #17. Always a treat when Jones pencils. I'm not up with this YOTV stuff but I was able to piece it together enough to enjoy the book. I like the meta part of the issue where the action fast forwards. The book really is a sort of forced story to play in to YOTV but Jones does a good job of transitioning from her own plot to this mandated one.

I'm interested in the costume change that happened when Selina stepped out of the laz pit. Is that a thing the pit does? Rejuvenate clothing as well? Anyone know the finer points of the pit's mechanics? I'm glad about the costume change though. I hope it sticks around. I wasn't super keen on the previous pvc design with the half gloves and whatever you call that kind if top.

The acetate cover does something interesting here, demonstrating Selina's duality which ties into the story itself.

I'm not sure I understand what's going on with Lex and what the plan is. I'm not sure I care either but at least it creates an impression of gravitas. Frankly, the series needed a shot in the arm as it had been, as Selina admits: "an entertaining distraction" but it failed to produce a feeling that there were stakes. Enough that Cat sought out a meeting with Zatana. I'm still not sure if the Creel story line is meant to interweave with YOTV though. I hope so, I'm getting bored of Creel.

Also, cute helmet.
    Same here. I really enjoyed this issue, especially the panels with Selina in her earlier costumes, but it’s time to move on from Raina Creel. Catwoman has fried much bigger fish than Creel. Creel is boring me and I can’t wait for this series to move onto bigger & better things.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's practical, but visually I just don't think it would work that well. Catwoman is too expressive for that kind of mask.
    Expression is more than just using your face.

Expression is more than just using your face.
    I mean, the mouth area doesn't seem like it moves that much...but I guess they could focus on Selina's eyes ?

There's a reason Batman's face is exposed in his mask.

If someone wants her face covered, they could just go The Batman route.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Just watched the Black Widow trailer and wonder why WB isn't doing anything as exciting as BW with Seline. Bastards

Spectacular Member

Forgive me if this is obvious or has been covered in a previous issue of the series ; why is Selina wearing her classic silver-age outfit in the current issue?