Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

An artwork of Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...an_made_by_me/
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    See, if they were clearly half gloves, I wouldn’t mind them but they are sort of an in between. The weirdness comes from the unnecessary design choice of not having the gloves connected to the sleeve. It looks better all as one suit.

Selina looks like she'd suffocate in this outfit. I think artists take the dominatrix look too far at times.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Do y'all really think things are going to work out between Bat & Cat? Catwoman would really have to remove herself from who she has been most of her life. And people from her past crimes will most likely come back to haunt her (or they should, although this doesnt happen near enough). One day she's going to be in bed with Bruce when she gets a phone call from an old crony in trouble with the law and the underworld... I'd love to see how she handles that.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    Do y'all really think things are going to work out between Bat & Cat? Catwoman would really have to remove herself from who she has been most of her life. And people from her past crimes will most likely come back to haunt her (or they should, although this doesnt happen near enough). One day she's going to be in bed with Bruce when she gets a phone call from an old crony in trouble with the law and the underworld... I'd love to see how she handles that.
    Probably the same way she handles choosing a wedding gown - with the silent complicity of dear, old Alfred

I'd love to see how Bruce would handle it when he finally found out It could be a fantastic storyline if she slipped back that way for some undeniably good-hearted reason.

Incredible Member

I think both her and Batman become more interesting characters when they're together and are forced to navigate situations like the one you described.

Regardless of what one thinks of Tom King's run, I do think Batman stories should feature Catwoman almost as a given in the way that every Batman story features Alfred and Gordon.

Mighty Member

I would love Selina become a crime fighter and hero
    She did it before back in the Pre-Crisis period as well as before the New52 started
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Hello I'm new and I hope you will enjoy my presence like I will enjoy yours.
    This is my first post and having read all this thread, I would want write some thought about your observations.
    First of all I agree with the ones who say Bruce and Selina are the perfect match, because their interactions help to define and develop the characters by virtue of their dichotomy: Selina challenges the Bruce's moral integrity like Selina started to bring into question her be a criminal because of Bruce, but in my humble opinion this dichotomy can works only if Selina stays in the grey area between evil and good, because if Selina became a true heroine she would become a sort of Batwoman's clone; character who never have the Selina's charm (at least for me). But the other hand if Catwoman remain in the grey area between good and evil, her relationship with Bruce can't be developed furthermore, then how run with the hares (save the dichotomy between Bruce and Selina) and hunt with the hounds (develop their relationship)? Again in my humble opinion if Selina became an heroine infiltrator in Gotham's criminality, in order to spy the Gotham gangsters and help Batman and Gordon giving them informations, it would be possible develop the relationship between Bruce and Selina and save the dichotomy between Batman and Catwoman, because in this way Selina would became an important character in the Batman's stories (like Gordon is) and also Batman would became an important character in Catwoman's stories. Not only but in this way Selina could the writer could make Catwoman more villain or more heroine without problem (or rather without change of alignment): Selina can act like a villain (no too much because she is an heroine) because she is working undercover and Selina can fight with the Batfamily and the GCPD (not in a too blatantly way because she must defend her cover) because she is an heroine now.

P.S. If I write King isn't doing a good work with the relationship of Selina and Bruce, do I commit an eresy?
    Last edited by Gotham citizen; 11-09-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Welcome!

I do think that looking at Batman and Catwoman requires that one looks beyond the simple good-evil dichotomy that largely dominates a lot of superhero comics. Catwoman isn't so much a villain as she is an antagonist, and like all great antagonists she challenges Batman on a fundamental level.

In the beginning she did so by being the criminal that Batman would admire and sometimes even let go. Later on, and Brubaker is probably the best example, her critique of Batman became even more poignant. Batman's justice is the justice of the rich man, enforced equally onto the poor and rich. Catwoman questioned that, perhaps most poignantly in "Joy Ride" (Catwoman v 3 #10). She asked what equal justice means in an unequal society. Put another way, Batman is a man in the upper reaches looking down. Catwoman is a woman in the gutter looking up.

Put simply, I think the problems with a BatCat relationship lies less in Selina's character as she often is depictioned now, and more with Batman's character.

Tom King's run is rather controversial here, lets put it at that.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Welcome!

I do think that looking at Batman and Catwoman requires that one looks beyond the simple good-evil dichotomy that largely dominates a lot of superhero comics. Catwoman isn't so much a villain as she is an antagonist, and like all great antagonists she challenges Batman on a fundamental level.

In the beginning she did so by being the criminal that Batman would admire and sometimes even let go. Later on, and Brubaker is probably the best example, her critique of Batman became even more poignant. Batman's justice is the justice of the rich man, enforced equally onto the poor and rich. Catwoman questioned that, perhaps most poignantly in "Joy Ride" (Catwoman v 3 #10). She asked what equal justice means in an unequal society. Put another way, Batman is a man in the upper reaches looking down. Catwoman is a woman in the gutter looking up.

Put simply, I think the problems with a BatCat relationship lies less in Selina's character as she often is depictioned now, and more with Batman's character.

Tom King's run is rather controversial here, lets put it at that.
    This comment from an article on Zoe Kravitz I think embodies what you mean in a shorter form.

And the Catwoman characters (Selina & Holly*) a native of said city (rather than a blow-in), who's usually portrayed in modern times as having grown up as a kind of street-urchin.

Catwoman's more Gotham City than Batman is!
    https://www.themarysue.com/zoe-kravi...nolans-batman/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Apparently the BWL is twice as big as a regular human and can't see a thing. What a dumb choice for a design

Selina's looking good .

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Apparently the BWL is twice as big as a regular human and can't see a thing. What a dumb choice for a design
    Personally the sensible heels on Selins make me forgive the giant BWL

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I agree that if Bruce & Selina marry secretly, or otherwise remain in a committed long-term relationship, Catwoman should continue to balance the fine line between good and evil. However, at this point, she has clearly made it known to the criminal world that she has returned to help Batman take down Bane and the Flashpoint Batman, and reclaim Gotham City's freedom from their grasp.
    Maybe it would benefit them to have a public fight and breakup to make it seem as though Catwoman has broken bad again. Although, I doubt this would realistically work (not that comics are all that realistic). Catwoman, I feel, has likely already ruined her credibilty in the underworld.

Mighty Member

I agree that if Bruce & Selina marry secretly, or otherwise remain in a committed long-term relationship, Catwoman should continue to balance the fine line between good and evil. However, at this point, she has clearly made it known to the criminal world that she has returned to help Batman take down Bane and the Flashpoint Batman, and reclaim Gotham City's freedom from their grasp.
    Maybe it would benefit them to have a public fight and breakup to make it seem as though Catwoman has broken bad again. Although, I doubt this would realistically work (not that comics are all that realistic). Catwoman, I feel, has likely already ruined her credibilty in the underworld.

Catwoman could act like she helped Batman with Bane to pave the way for her to becoming Gotham City's Crime Boss.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I agree that if Bruce & Selina marry secretly, or otherwise remain in a committed long-term relationship, Catwoman should continue to balance the fine line between good and evil.
    Other than the weird run in the early 1970s Catwoman has never been truly evil. Just bad. Other villains wanted to work with Catwoman because she had the reputation of getting the job done without having to kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Catwoman could act like she helped Batman with Bane to pave the way for her to becoming Gotham City's Crime Boss.
    I prefer Catwoman on the run rather than running things. Being the crime boss isn't going to last very long and will just end up turning out badly for Catwoman.