Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    That doesn't work for me. I like the struggle of good v. evil where good usually wins. That's just my thing. I prefer comics set up where heroes are most good, villains are mostly evil, and only a few operate in gray space. I love reading about heroes. Lot of characters, neither good nor bad, but each pursuing their own ends, it's just politics or power games, and doesn't evoke any emotional response from me. I find it dull. Though I know many people love it.

Just can't agree. For me, Catwoman was set up as not-so-bad quite early (second appearance, I believe) and her turning hero is great (some goodish story stuff on that in the bronze age - the amnesiac flight attendant thing from earlier was silly). I do think Harley and Ivy should remain villains, rather than turn anti-hero. But even remaining eternally non-killing thief would be far superior to flip-flopping, which is just weak storytelling to me.
    The amnesiac flight attendant storyline was not bronze age
    It was golden age.

Golden Age of Comic Books (1938 – 1956)
    Silver Age of Comic Books (1956 – 1970)
    Bronze Age of Comic Books (1970 – 1986)

The Amnesiac Flight Attendant story was Batman #62 which was published in 1950 and 6 years before Silver Age story.
    Therefore, it was in the Golden Age.
    It definitely wasn't in the Bronze Age which started in 1970.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I disagree. In the very old days, she never qualified to run with the big dogs, as it were, because she was a non-killer.
    That's true

Before she killed Black Mask in 2000s Catwoman comics, she wasn't a killer in canon.

Several stories in the 1970s featured Catwoman committing murder.
    That was something that neither the Earth-One nor Earth-Two versions of her would ever do.
    This version of Catwoman was assigned to the alternate world of Earth-B which was an alternate Earth that included stories that couldn't be considered canonical on Earth-One or Earth-Two.

Killing Black Mask actually out of character for Earth-One Catwoman.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I think to be fair, even though Catwoman has killed in past iterations, she isn't inherently a killer. Just like how Batman has killed occasionally back in those days, but overall for his character he isn't a killer.

I will say however, Catwoman alot of the time did willingly team up and work alongside murderers and assisted/was an accomplice to their crimes, most of the time for her personal gain, so she isn't completely off the hook regarding her actions.

Even back in the day during her Golden and Silver Age escapades, despite her love for Batman and occasional good deed, she could never get over her impulses for thieving or troublemaking, and that's what would always push her away for long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think to be fair, even though Catwoman has killed in past iterations, she isn't inherently a killer. Just like how Batman has killed occasionally back in those days, but overall for his character he isn't a killer.

I will say however, Catwoman alot of the time did willingly team up and work alongside murderers and assisted/was an accomplice to their crimes, most of the time for her personal gain, so she isn't completely off the hook regarding her actions.
    In most states that would be considered felony murder, where even though you didn't actually kill someone, if someone died during the commission of a crime, you are just as liable as the actual killer and can get you life in prison.

These opposing forces are what makes comic book characters so colourful. It's their conflicts between who they are, who they can be and who they want to become that makes them so relatable to so many. In those extremes, we find glimpses of ourselves, both inspiring and horrific. They are our terrible children.

On a side note: I've just read #14. I didn't enjoy Ram V's earlier books in the run, but the first half of this latest one was outstanding and the rest very good. What did everyone else think?

Fantastic Member

Without the interactions with batman catwomans story would be even more interesting because that conflict is just boring now and to expected

Batcat is now part of Fortnite.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batcat is now part of Fortnite.
    What do you mean by that?

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    What do you mean by that?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Cool! Right On!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I don't play Fortnite, but I frequent an internet shop where most of the regulars are competitive players.

So that...was...AWESOME. For both the Fortnite audience and BatCat fan in me.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Nice adaption of the costume .

I like how they adapted her outfit... but still HATE that the mask and suit don’t connect. It was the worst change about the look.

Looks interesting, I do like that they are portrayed as a team or package deal.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I like how they adapted her outfit... but still HATE that the mask and suit don’t connect. It was the worst change about the look.
    To be honest, I've never even noticed .