Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Logan Browning is one of the five actresses that are considered for Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.

All finalists are women with recent SubSaharan African ancestry.

Her bio says that she is biracial with a European American mother and African American father and that she was adopted by an African American couple.

If she gets the role, she'd actually be the first live action Catwoman that is green-eyed like in the comics.

She is best known for starring as Samantha White in the 2017 Netflix satirical-drama series Dear White People.

I hope that she is chosen to be Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.

This is her with her hair combed back and flat....give an idea how she'd look with short hair. She presently wears her hair curly. Her green eyes pop out...very noticeable..
    logan-browning-at-28th-annual-a-time-for-heroes-family-festival-in-culver-city-10-29-2017-7.jpg
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-03-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    What a horrendous outfit. The goggles are so 2001.
    Really? I thought this was everyone’s preferred look. Brubaker had the right idea. I honestly do not like the look she has now. It’s not practical. There’s no reason for her to show that much skin or to not hide her eyes. It’s just made for fan service (men and women) and nostalgia for Returns. That’s just me.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In DC's blurry new timeline we can only glean Catwoman's name in two places

Generation 2 The Space Age 15-year time window
    Year 1 Batman debuts - Year One
    Year 2 Rogues Gallery Debut - Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, ???? - Year Two

Generation 3 The Crisis Age 15-year time window
    x

Generation 4 The Flashpoint Age 5-year time window
    Year 4 Dark Nights Metal - Bat/Cat Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Really? I thought this was everyone’s preferred look. Brubaker had the right idea. I honestly do not like the look she has now. It’s not practical. There’s no reason for her to show that much skin or to not hide her eyes. It’s just made for fan service (men and women) and nostalgia for Returns. That’s just me.
    The only exposed skin is the armpit which, while I'm not really in love with, doesn't expose much.

As far as the eyes...well, sometimes Selina could go issues in certain comics without putting the goggles on, so I don't think practicality really matters on that front.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only exposed skin is the armpit which, while I'm not really in love with, doesn't expose much.

As far as the eyes...well, sometimes Selina could go issues in certain comics without putting the goggles on, so I don't think practicality really matters on that front.
    At the risk of sounding like a 19th century old lady, it’s way more than enough for me.

Still, I think there could be more improvements to the suit to make it more practical. Remember when the unabomber used smaller soles for the bottom of his shoes to hide his footprints? Why doesn’t she have those?
    Last edited by FBarnhill; 10-07-2019 at 10:00 PM.

When the cat photobombs the Catwoman cosplay photography… (Facebook link)

43236049_2013354725392826_3666907433667657728_n.jpg

(By AvantGeek. Better quality and more cosplay photos at link)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member

I was expecting an announcement at comic con

At the risk of sounding like a 19th century old lady, it’s way more than enough for me.

Still, I think there could be more improvements to the suit to make it more practical. Remember when the unabomber used smaller soles for the bottom of his shoes to hide his footprints? Why doesn’t she have those?
    I wish she had soles like The Batman suit...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I was expecting an announcement at comic con
    A announcement about what?

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Logan Browning is one of the five actresses that are considered for Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.

All finalists are women with recent SubSaharan African ancestry.

Her bio says that she is biracial with a European American mother and African American father and that she was adopted by an African American couple.

If she gets the role, she'd actually be the first live action Catwoman that is green-eyed like in the comics.

She is best known for starring as Samantha White in the 2017 Netflix satirical-drama series Dear White People.

I hope that she is chosen to be Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.
    I was hoping Eiza González got the role. People were objecting she was to young to be Catwoman against Ben Affleck as Batman. But with Robert Pattinson as Batman, Eiza González's age isn't as big a factor.
    She is 29 and he is 33 years old. And I think she looks more like the Catwoman in the comic books.

This makes me think - while I haven't had a problem with most of Catwoman's outfits (if zipped up and we're not talking that one particular silver age one), I wouldn't mind seeing something new. A variation from the all-black, skintight number and often with nothing very "catty" about it (though right now there's some ears, so that's good). Anyone seen any fanart designs they really like? I expect skintight to stay - virtually everyone, male and female, does that. But maybe something with some color?
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-10-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Selina Kyle - Catwoman #1 (2018)

Catwoman (2018-) 001-017.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How old was Selina when she started as Catwoman? Whether in Year One, Golden Age, or Rebirth
    I think I hear something like 19 by King. Confirmation?

The only specific age I know is Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Catwoman is 30 when she and Batman decided to be a couple

Then I heard New 52 Catwoman's supposed to be 23, which is the same age as New 52 Wonder Woman, so it makes sense. This one's a bit easier since I can just count down her New 52 timeline
    New 52 - 23
    1 year ago - DickBats - DamiRobin - 22
    2 years ago - Tim Robin - 21
    3 years ago - Jason's time - Dick and Babs went to college - 20
    4 years ago - Babs Batgirl - 19
    5 years ago - Dick Robin - 18
    6 years ago - Zero Year - 17

Someone's gonna has an aneurysm reading that, especially when I put Dick and Babs in comparison, but I just want to lay it out to make things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How old was Selina when she started as Catwoman? Whether in Year One, Golden Age, or Rebirth
    I think I hear something like 19 by King. Confirmation?

The only specific age I know is Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Catwoman is 30 when she and Batman decided to be a couple

Then I heard New 52 Catwoman's supposed to be 23, which is the same age as New 52 Wonder Woman, so it makes sense. This one's a bit easier since I can just count down her New 52 timeline
    New 52 - 23
    1 year ago - DickBats - DamiRobin - 22
    2 years ago - Tim Robin - 21
    3 years ago - Jason's time - Dick and Babs went to college - 20
    4 years ago - Babs Batgirl - 19
    5 years ago - Dick Robin - 18
    6 years ago - Zero Year - 17

Someone's gonna has an aneurysm reading that, especially when I put Dick and Babs in comparison, but I just want to lay it out to make things easier.
    I can see her as a professional thief into her late teens but I would like to think she wasn't in-costume until she was 20 or so.

Zoe Kravitz Cast as Catwoman in Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’

https://www.thewrap.com/zoe-kravitz-...ert-pattinson/