Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by allforgeeks View Post
    CATWOMAN #12 LAU VARIANT

Stanley Lau seemingly unable to do any wrong at the moment, such a sensational cover!

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...2-lau-variant/
    Man if i could get the OG sketch for that

Incredible Member

Has Catwoman ever interacted with Superman in the comics history? Outside of the double date in King's run, I mean. Have they ever had any interactions in the past?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Has Catwoman ever interacted with Superman in the comics history? Outside of the double date in King's run, I mean. Have they ever had any interactions in the past?
    Yes, Lois and Bruce & Clark and Selina kind of attracted to each other for an issue in which Bruce and Clark lost their memories and Bruce found Lois and Clack Found Selina next to themselfs when they gain their conciousness in Batman Superman run of new 52. I don't remember the details very well. It was just one off and pretty forgetable.

Extraordinary Member

I’ve been meaning to ask; there’s an issue of the 90’s Catwoman series where she has her own grappling hook attached to her risk. Did that ever appear across multiple issues? Did it get a name?

I’m trying to design a Catwoman costume and gear concept art for my buddy and really want to know if there’s some little known gear I can put on it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’ve been meaning to ask; there’s an issue of the 90’s Catwoman series where she has her own grappling hook attached to her risk. Did that ever appear across multiple issues? Did it get a name?

I’m trying to design a Catwoman costume and gear concept art for my buddy and really want to know if there’s some little known gear I can put on it.
    You're probably thinking of the mech suit from #50, it only lasted one issue.

It also appeared in the Gameboy Color game they put out around the same time iirc.

Spectacular Member

The annual was pretty good. However, I'm a little stumped on the timeline. Why is the old costume being used? After seeing it again I couldn't be happier that they changed it in the ongoing series. It's so ugly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    You're probably thinking of the mech suit from #50, it only lasted one issue.

It also appeared in the Gameboy Color game they put out around the same time iirc.
    Actually, since I’ve got DC Universe, I tracked down the issue I was thinking of: #25.

It’s this thing:93AE2EF8-DFBA-4B39-B15E-D63FB20576CB.jpg
    Anybody ever see this thing again?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Actually, since I’ve got DC Universe, I tracked down the issue I was thinking of: #25.

It’s this thing:93AE2EF8-DFBA-4B39-B15E-D63FB20576CB.jpg
    Anybody ever see this thing again?
    That's her Cat's Paw Grappling Hook, created by writer Chuck Dixon. It disappeared after his run on the book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    That's her Cat's Paw Grappling Hook, created by writer Chuck Dixon. It disappeared after his run on the book.
    Thanks. I knew I’d seen it somewhere in at least one other comic, and I knew that “Catspaw” was too good of a pun to pass up.

Sooooo...

My podcasting buddy and I did a podcast a few weeks ago about what we’d like to see in that new Batman movie with Pattinson, which people say is supposed to feature at least Penguin, Catwoman, and Riddler. That inspired me to do my own little concept art and “lore work” with the idea, though I’ll confess the final product is closer to an animated Catwoman idea than a movie one:
    45624F45-34FA-420F-BCCC-DF0818A8525D.jpg
    70E8E75C-4792-4EBB-979E-498649828B71.jpg
    Since I’m not really great at getting proportions right to my satisfaction, I used lezisell’s Arkham City Catwoman extract to act as a base for my design: https://www.deviantart.com/lezisell/...ONLY-729569685

What do you guys think?

(Incidentally, if you want to here the podcast that inspired this...https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000439082184

Thanks. I knew I’d seen it somewhere in at least one other comic, and I knew that “Catspaw” was too good of a pun to pass up.

Sooooo...

My podcasting buddy and I did a podcast a few weeks ago about what we’d like to see in that new Batman movie with Pattinson, which people say is supposed to feature at least Penguin, Catwoman, and Riddler. That inspired me to do my own little concept art and “lore work” with the idea, though I’ll confess the final product is closer to an animated Catwoman idea than a movie one:
    45624F45-34FA-420F-BCCC-DF0818A8525D.jpg
    70E8E75C-4792-4EBB-979E-498649828B71.jpg
    Since I’m not really great at getting proportions right to my satisfaction, I used lezisell’s Arkham City Catwoman extract to act as a base for my design: https://www.deviantart.com/lezisell/...ONLY-729569685

What do you guys think?

(Incidentally, if you want to here the podcast that inspired this...https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000439082184
    This is just my personal tastes, but I think a Catwoman costume should definitely have one primary color like in the bottom image, just more streamlined.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    In Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #70, Catwoman uses magic to turn Superman into a cat. That is Superman in the cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is just my personal tastes, but I think a Catwoman costume should definitely have one primary color like in the bottom image, just more streamlined.
    I want a costume like in Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #70, including the green cape.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I generally agree; to be honest, the sleeveless-top version just kind of evolved from me speculating to myself about how she’d dress differently in different weather, and kind of finding myself caught up in a desire to make her look more “outfitted” for robbery and parkour than “costumed” as a comic character combining with, weirdly enough, that funky 70’s costume of her with the backless black top on gray tights look.

In general, in comics, solid single colored outfits tend to look a lot better. I just tend to find that the solid black look is boring to me, while I have trouble taking the more striking and cool looking purple outfit that seriously when I try to think of a movie suit. Like, if I’m doing comics, than some version of a purple suit is happening, with the design simplied to solid colors... but if I’m doing a movie design, then the purple’s going away, but so is the idea of just a straight black leather outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I want a costume like in Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #70, including the green cape.
    The Golden Age Earth 2 suit (with leggings) and the Bronze Age split skirt look both make great comic costumes. I tend to think the cape maybe disappeared because as times gone on, fewer villains and ambiguous anti-heroes wore them, so Catwoman keeping the cape played better when she was acting more heroic, but less so when they wanted her to act more antagonistic in the Post-Crisis story.

I’ve actually always had a little feeling that if Catwoman did marry Batman, she might end up with a caped suit for whenever she had to make more overtly heroic appearances, while keeping her more restrained outfit for her personal pursuits.

... I also designed my own idea for an “Caped Catwoman, mother of Huntress” design, though it’s not true Earth 2 in concept; it’s more like if Batman died and Catwoman stepped up her heroism game with Dick, Kate, and others, and the grew into an older refined “Lady of Gotham type of character.” It’s also got a modified version of the Earth 2 Robin suit to make Helena Wayne have a Huntress suit based off Bertinelli’s second costume.

DBCD050A-E809-4218-BA91-3A9F161D49D1.jpg

I've always been a little partial to grey over black because of her original B:TAS design.

So, since Selina's background has been a bit variable over the years, I thought I'd ask what versions people like or what versions do they wish we could have had? Or could have in future?

She's been low brow and higher class. A non-killer and a murderer of the innocent. Various versions of her first meeting Batman. And so forth and so on.

I prefer her with low or middle class origins to being raised high class. I much prefer the non-killer version her (that's a general guideline, not a Batman-style rule with her for me).

I do not like Batman: Year One. I do not like her being inspired or rescued by Batman. I don't want him to make her or save her then. It completely throws things off because he has all this prominence and importance in her life that she doesn't have in his.

I'm fine with her being prostitute for a couple years, though not at all attached to the idea. If she is a prostitute, she should not be under 15 (not young enough to likely be referred to as a "child prostitute" and not a sex slave) and should not be a dominatrix and should not serve the high-class set. Just be ordinary, I guess. But she'll learn a skillset that will provider her more money, more challenges, and more fun, and become a thief before the age of 20. She never crosses paths with Batman or Bruce until a robbery, as it was in the golden age initial meeting. They should also be within 4 years of each other's age.

There is nothing about Magdalene's story that I can think of that I like, and I'd erase her existence.

I do like the idea of Selina reforming and then becoming a hero as she did in the bronze age, but once she does, she should stay reformed. Nothing should actually happen between her and Bruce until she does. Though flirting or innuendo before that is entirely acceptable and expected. There are other things later, too, but I want to concentrate on a solid origin story here.

EDIT: I don't know much about her new origin. I know some files were erased. Did she ever learn anything on that front? Is it still in continuity after Rebirth?
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-16-2019 at 06:36 PM.