Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

makes sense since they are doing an action/drama/crime story instead of social activism in the other books you cite

BANNED

Bat/Cat feels in this week's issue

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...keout-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    makes sense since they are doing an action/drama/crime story instead of social activism in the other books you cite
    Can't speak for the other ones because I don't read them, but what social activism is there in Supergirl #25? It is just her in outer space fighting a bad guy. How is that social activism?

Amazing Member

I would like to see Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in a tv series. I don’t know why they haven’t thought about it. It would be the biggest ratings show on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmanquestion View Post
    I would like to see Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in a tv series. I don’t know why they haven’t thought about it. It would be the biggest ratings show on tv.
    Rather see her in a movie. Most superhero TV shows don't fare that well except on the CW and they are already overloaded with comic books shows. Gotham is the only one that lasted for a while.
    Agents of Shield is backed by Disney, which owns ABC so it is sort of like a CW show.

I would like to see Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in a tv series. I don’t know why they haven’t thought about it.
    Potential drawbacks:
    1.) How many people still have bad memories (nightmares?) of the Catwoman movie with Halle Berry?

2.) Would Anne Hathaway want to do a regular TV series?
    How much would they have to pay her to do one?

I doubt they could afford Anne Hathaway for a TV show, but I would be interested in a Hathaway-esque Selina in her own show .

Spectacular Member

Uh, because her performance was lackluster and the public can't stand her?

Even though I don't really care for the show as a whole, I think Camren Bicondova does a great job playing Selina in Gotham, I believe she could carry a Catwoman spinoff, or at least a mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Even though I don't really care for the show as a whole, I think Camren Bicondova does a great job playing Selina in Gotham, I believe she could carry a Catwoman spinoff, or at least a mini-series.
    I enjoy Camren Bicondova a lot even if sometimes I think she's written a bit too tomboyish, but I usually chalk that up to her being a kid on the streets then a full-fledged Catwoman on the show.

I'd be interested to see what she would be like as a full-fledged Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Rather see her in a movie. Most superhero TV shows don't fare that well except on the CW and they are already overloaded with comic books shows. Gotham is the only one that lasted for a while.
    Agents of Shield is backed by Disney, which owns ABC so it is sort of like a CW show.
    I would definitely like to see her in a catwomen movie - she totally brings her attitude to the character , Halle Berry was awful -.
    Anne Hathaway reminds me of a Dark Angel which was huge fan of that show. Jessica Alba would of made a great cat women in her prime also.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt they could afford Anne Hathaway for a TV show, but I would be interested in a Hathaway-esque Selina in her own show .
    Yeah, she would be asking for a bit - maybe they will make a catwomen movie with her , as was suggested . I would go see it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    Uh, because her performance was lackluster and the public can't stand her?
    Strongly disagree. I felt Anne brought a lot of fire and sassyness to the character. And who is this public that can't stand her? Just sounds like some clickbait blogger nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Please no. Catwoman is supposed to be sexy & alluring, that's part of her arsenal of tricks & Hathaway just doesn't have that (in my opinion!) And when I say 'sexy" I don't mean costume unzipped down to the naval nonsense. It's having that "x factor" & being confident enough to use it to your advantage. I just thought Hathaway's Selina looked like she was cosplaying.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Potential drawbacks:
    1.) How many people still have bad memories (nightmares?) of the Catwoman movie with Halle Berry?

2.) Would Anne Hathaway want to do a regular TV series?
    How much would they have to pay her to do one?
    I honestly didn't mind the movie that much. I know it's gonna suck just looking at the costume and that she's not Selina Kyle, so my expectation was rock bottom. It's a little fun stupid movie when you know it's gonna suck.

I agree with the previous poster that Anne Hathaway is not Catwoman sexy. She's more cute than sexy. Even when she nailed Catwoman's aura with the "oops" thing. She just has a different air.