Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How old was Selina when she started as Catwoman? Whether in Year One, Golden Age, or Rebirth
    I think I hear something like 19 by King. Confirmation?

The only specific age I know is Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Catwoman is 30 when she and Batman decided to be a couple

Then I heard New 52 Catwoman's supposed to be 23, which is the same age as New 52 Wonder Woman, so it makes sense. This one's a bit easier since I can just count down her New 52 timeline
    New 52 - 23
    1 year ago - DickBats - DamiRobin - 22
    2 years ago - Tim Robin - 21
    3 years ago - Jason's time - Dick and Babs went to college - 20
    4 years ago - Babs Batgirl - 19
    5 years ago - Dick Robin - 18
    6 years ago - Zero Year - 17

Someone's gonna has an aneurysm reading that, especially when I put Dick and Babs in comparison, but I just want to lay it out to make things easier.
    Selina has no concrete age in N52 afaik. The only time I recall her dropping a number is when she goes undercover at a party during Winnick's run, and I'm sure she was lying.

All we know post-Rebirth is that she remembers the Wayne family from before Bruce's parents were shot, so it's safe to say she's probably very close to Bruce's age.

Her origin as Catwoman seems to be quite tensile. Rough assumptions based on context alone is all there is really
    Last edited by TravelerInTheDark; 10-14-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic cover art by Joe Brozowski from Catwoman #1 (February, 1989):

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Is that YEAR ONE Catwoman? Is it a good read?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Wait wait wait. The cop who wanted to talk to her after she's hospitalized, or the doctor, vaguely mentions/guesses her age. I think they said she looks like she's in her late teens here but I don't remember exactly. The cop asked if she has a parent they can contact, and she barked something like "do I look like I have a parent"

I don't really remember though

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It's basically the origin story (aka Her Sister's Keeper) of the New Earth Catwoman, and yeah, it's quite good.

Issue #1 is part of Catwoman a Celebration of 75 Years, so I read it there. It's a very noir tale with Selina as a prostitute, but it didn't really feel like Catwoman to me, and as a story it was far less compelling than Brubaker's and Cooke's Trail of the Catwoman.

Wait wait wait. The cop who wanted to talk to her after she's hospitalized, or the doctor, vaguely mentions/guesses her age. I think they said she looks like she's in her late teens here but I don't remember exactly. The cop asked if she has a parent they can contact, and she barked something like "do I look like I have a parent"

I don't really remember though
    The cop says "How old are you, anyway? Sixteeen? Seventeen?", and Selina replies "I'm as old as the stars."
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    The cop says "How old are you, anyway? Sixteeen? Seventeen?", and Selina replies "I'm as old as the stars."
    How poetic .

It was a companion 4-part miniseries to Batman: Year One. If you didn't mind Frank Miller making her a prostitute you will probably enjoy it. It was written by Mindy Newell but basically fleshed out the
    Frank Miller story in Batman: Year One. Some of the panels and dialogue were even the same.

Issue #1 is part of Catwoman a Celebration of 75 Years, so I read it there. It's a very noir tale with Selina as a prostitute, but it didn't really feel like Catwoman to me, and as a story it was far less compelling than Brubaker's and Cooke's Trail of the Catwoman.

Oh I think the parent question was from the New 52 #0 issue... or is it a home question... basically she thinks it's ridiculous that the job recruiter needs to ask if she has something

In a way, I think I prefer a Catwoman who has a vague and undecided past. She is a cat, mysterious and impossible to pin down. Always going her own way, always living in the now.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Mighty Member

In a way, I think I prefer a Catwoman who has a vague and undecided past. She is a cat, mysterious and impossible to pin down. Always going her own way, always living in the now.
    maybe alley cats or wild feline species like panthers and tigers
    a lot of cats are pets though
    many of them are domesticated and tamed since over 9,000 years ago

Catwoman's first origin story was of her being an amnesiac flight attendant.
    that was the story that revealed her name to be Selina Kyle

I mentioned panthers.
    Selina had a panther named Diablo in the Bronze Age Pre-Crisis period.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-18-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

How old was she when she's out of the orphanage? In the stories where she was in an orphanage.

How old was she when she's out of the orphanage? In the stories where she was in an orphanage.
    6-10 I think.

I forget how old Maggie was.

Incredible Member

I didn't watch all of Gotham (the tv show), but from what I did see and know about it, that seems like the strongest backstory for Selina that's been done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I didn't watch all of Gotham (the tv show), but from what I did see and know about it, that seems like the strongest backstory for Selina that's been done yet.
    Other than being childhood friends with Bruce Wayne, the most realistic and believable too.