Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

How do you all feel about the new Joelle Jones designed costume for Catwoman? I'm mixed on the two piece. I find it looks kind of awkward, especially the half gloves. I find those mildly infuriating.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    How do you all feel about the new Joelle Jones designed costume for Catwoman? I'm mixed on the two piece. I find it looks kind of awkward, especially the half gloves. I find those mildly infuriating.
    See, if they were clearly half gloves, I wouldn’t mind them but they are sort of an in between. The weirdness comes from the unnecessary design choice of not having the gloves connected to the sleeve. It looks better all as one suit.

I'm only here to prattle about Selina, yet silence for weeks. Then I don't check every day and - BAM! - miss all the fun. Is there some schedule I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    When the cat photobombs the Catwoman cosplay photographyÂ… (Facebook link)

Attachment 88049

(By AvantGeek. Better quality and more cosplay photos at link)
    Awesome. Love your WW and Ivy too. You really suit those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How old was Selina when she started as Catwoman? Whether in Year One, Golden Age, or Rebirth
    I think I hear something like 19 by King. Confirmation?

The only specific age I know is Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Catwoman is 30 when she and Batman decided to be a couple

Then I heard New 52 Catwoman's supposed to be 23, which is the same age as New 52 Wonder Woman, so it makes sense. This one's a bit easier since I can just count down her New 52 timeline
    New 52 - 23
    1 year ago - DickBats - DamiRobin - 22
    2 years ago - Tim Robin - 21
    3 years ago - Jason's time - Dick and Babs went to college - 20
    4 years ago - Babs Batgirl - 19
    5 years ago - Dick Robin - 18
    6 years ago - Zero Year - 17

Someone's gonna has an aneurysm reading that, especially when I put Dick and Babs in comparison, but I just want to lay it out to make things easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see her as a professional thief into her late teens but I would like to think she wasn't in-costume until she was 20 or so.
    One of my favourite things about Jones' run is that we see her in costume when she's 10, 11? I love #4. Absolutely an origin, but everyone seems to have missed it? As important to Selina as boy Bruce in an alley behind a theatre. The first time she felt real empowerment: in a stolen cat costume for Halloween, pulling a gun on some punks for bullying a kid. There's psychology there. Generally a lot more in Jones' run than she gets credit for.

I love its glamour. Not the most practical, with the heeled boots and leather corset (hooks at the front, lacing at the back - who ties her in?), but Selina has always been a woman of style and substance. It's a lovely piece of fantasy. Not convinced it's a two-piece. It might be, but looks like it could equally be a pants/backless top one-piece with halter-neck. Then a corset on top - which is missing from many panels and not drawn to any detail in others, but it makes an appearance here and there - and her sleeves/shoulders/mask piece that zips down her thorax (that's why there are gaps beneath her armpits). If I wasn't convinced there was a panel where she was taking off her boots (is there?) I'd have those as part of the one-piece too. Imagine that - boots you step into, peel up your body and tie behind your neck. UGH - that'd be too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    I'm only here to prattle about Selina, yet silence for weeks. Then I don't check every day and - BAM! - miss all the fun. Is there some schedule I'm missing?
    No schedule here as far as I know, except possibly the few days just after a new Catwoman issue. But sometimes there's not much chat about them, or some other book (or interview, or whatever) sets things off. I think you can subscribe via e-mail though.

ETA: Yes, Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread. Select e-mail as the notification type, and make sure you have an e-mail address listed in the dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    Awesome. Love your WW and Ivy too. You really suit those three.
    Not me. I'm just the messenger.
    Last edited by kjn; 10-30-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

No schedule here as far as I know, except possibly the few days just after a new Catwoman issue. But sometimes there's not much chat about them, or some other book (or interview, or whatever) sets things off. I think you can subscribe via e-mail though.

ETA: Yes, Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread. Select e-mail as the notification type, and make sure you have an e-mail address listed in the dashboard.
    Now there's feature I can subscribe to!

Not me. I'm just the messenger.
    I bet you look lovely as them too.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'm late to the party. Catwoman has betrayed Batman to Bane TWICE now if I remember correctly: 90's Knightfall AND King's run.
    WHYYY?? I don't mind spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I'm late to the party. Catwoman has betrayed Batman to Bane TWICE now if I remember correctly: 90's Knightfall AND King's run.
    WHYYY?? I don't mind spoilers.
    I forget exactly what she did in Knightfall, but she didn't actually betray him in King's run. If what you're referencing is what I'm thinking about, in I Am Suicide you think that she betrayed him to Bane, but then it turns out it was just a trick by her and Batman to get them close, and then she broke Bane's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I forget exactly what she did in Knightfall, but she didn't actually betray him in King's run. If what you're referencing is what I'm thinking about, in I Am Suicide you think that she betrayed him to Bane, but then it turns out it was just a trick by her and Batman to get them close, and then she broke Bane's back.
    Issue 50 was what I was referencing and didn't she betray Bruce there?? Why is Bane walking when Selina broke his back?? As I said I don't mind Spoilers as the books are out for quite a while now.

Issue 50 was what I was referencing and didn't she betray Bruce there?? Why is Bane walking when Selina broke his back?? As I said I don't mind Spoilers as the books are out for quite a while now.
    Oh, right. She didn't actually betray him then for Bane. What happened was Bane manipulated a bunch of events to happen to make Selina believe she would be holding Bruce back if they got married, so she got cold feet and left him at the altar. This was all part of a (bit too complicated) plot by Bane to emotionally break Batman which would allow him to take over Gotham, all currently being shown in the City Of Bane issues. Bruce & Selina have since reconciled and figured out this was Bane's manipulation, she was never actively working with him or intending to betray Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Oh, right. She didn't actually betray him then for Bane. What happened was Bane manipulated a bunch of events to happen to make Selina believe she would be holding Bruce back if they got married, so she got cold feet and left him at the altar. This was all part of a (bit too complicated) plot by Bane to emotionally break Batman which would allow him to take over Gotham, all currently being shown in the City Of Bane issues. Bruce & Selina have since reconciled and figured out this was Bane's manipulation, she was never actively working with him or intending to betray Bruce.
    Now, I get it. Thanx, man. On to Knightmares for me

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Now, I get it. Thanx, man. On to Knightmares for me
    Ugh. Have fun with Knightmares. I couldn't wait for that long story to end.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I think the new design is very unique and fashion-forward, while at the same time, a nice nod to Michelle Pfeiffer's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How old was Selina when she started as Catwoman? Whether in Year One, Golden Age, or Rebirth
    I think I hear something like 19 by King. Confirmation?

The only specific age I know is Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Catwoman is 30 when she and Batman decided to be a couple

Then I heard New 52 Catwoman's supposed to be 23, which is the same age as New 52 Wonder Woman, so it makes sense. This one's a bit easier since I can just count down her New 52 timeline
    New 52 - 23
    1 year ago - DickBats - DamiRobin - 22
    2 years ago - Tim Robin - 21
    3 years ago - Jason's time - Dick and Babs went to college - 20
    4 years ago - Babs Batgirl - 19
    5 years ago - Dick Robin - 18
    6 years ago - Zero Year - 17

Someone's gonna has an aneurysm reading that, especially when I put Dick and Babs in comparison, but I just want to lay it out to make things easier.
    How old is Bruce then? Was he 21 during zero year?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

By Patricia Martín:

CATWOMAN_WHITE.jpg

Great use of negative space here.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

By Patricia Martín:

CATWOMAN_WHITE.jpg

Great use of negative space here.
    Reminds me of how her skin color would change in-costume for her DCAU redesign.