Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 346 to 359 of 359
  1. #346
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    See, if they were clearly half gloves, I wouldn’t mind them but they are sort of an in between. The weirdness comes from the unnecessary design choice of not having the gloves connected to the sleeve. It looks better all as one suit.

    When it all comes down to it, her suit has never been practical in anyway.

    1) Her eyes and mouth are exposed. Not so much a problem for Batman when he at least puts on eye liner to make him more mysterious, something Kyle doesn’t even attempt to do. I know covering her mouth would make her look like Black Panther but she did come first, which leads to my second point...

    2) Why not use a hood? I get the cat motif but the ears don’t make any practical sense. Again, with Batman, they serve a point when a writer chooses it to be so. A burglar suit should never be “for the sake of it”. She got her nickname because of her skills, not her costume.

    3) Leather? Forget the sex appeal. Being a thief and wearing leather makes just as much sense as a liberal in Alabama. How in the hell can she make all these jumps and kicks and sneaking around wearing a material well-known to be very restrictive?

    Hate me all you want. Her suit needed a far more drastic change than this.

  2. #347
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    When it all comes down to it, her suit has never been practical in anyway.

    1) Her eyes and mouth are exposed. Not so much a problem for Batman when he at least puts on eye liner to make him more mysterious, something Kyle doesn’t even attempt to do. I know covering her mouth would make her look like Black Panther but she did come first, which leads to my second point...

    2) Why not use a hood? I get the cat motif but the ears don’t make any practical sense. Again, with Batman, they serve a point when a writer chooses it to be so. A burglar suit should never be “for the sake of it”. She got her nickname because of her skills, not her costume.

    3) Leather? Forget the sex appeal. Being a thief and wearing leather makes just as much sense as a liberal in Alabama. How in the hell can she make all these jumps and kicks and sneaking around wearing a material well-known to be very restrictive?

    Hate me all you want. Her suit needed a far more drastic change than this.
    Titillation over practicality and common sense is usually the point when it comes to outfitting most female characters sadly. Catwoman needs to be sexy that's part of her appeal. She isn't Lois or Diana. Fan Service is required.

    This my favourite Catwoman costume. It's less fetish more chic and at least it's not a long length cleavage revealing purple frock. THAT just made no sense.

  3. #348

    Default

    I think Catwoman can be sexy also without fancy and unpractical costume, like it happens in the video games "Batman; the Telltale series", where she is sexy thank to her smile, her glance, her moves, her words, her way to approach Bruce, not her costume.
    Last edited by Gotham citizen; 11-17-2019 at 08:26 AM.

  4. #349
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I think Catwoman can be sexy also without fancy and unpractical costume, like it happens in the video games "Batman; the Telltale series", where she is sexy thank to her smile, her glance, her moves, her words, her way to approach Bruce, not her costume.
    Her costume in that game is still skintight black leather like her other costumes though.

  5. #350

    Default

    Whit some particulars (like the backpack) that they made it simply perfect.

  6. #351
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I was thinking about how they did it in that Injustice game. I don’t have the game so I had to search YouTube for this but she’d look more grounded in reality if she had this for her mask. It’s in the wrong color but it’s the best I could find from the videos I’ve searched, so bear with me:

    https://i.ibb.co/9qtD18s/2-D22434-C-...202-B8-ADB.jpg
    Last edited by FBarnhill; 11-18-2019 at 02:29 AM.

  7. #352
    Fantastic Member Ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    426

    Default

    I just read Catwoman #17. Always a treat when Jones pencils. I'm not up with this YOTV stuff but I was able to piece it together enough to enjoy the book. I like the meta part of the issue where the action fast forwards. The book really is a sort of forced story to play in to YOTV but Jones does a good job of transitioning from her own plot to this mandated one.

    I'm interested in the costume change that happened when Selina stepped out of the laz pit. Is that a thing the pit does? Rejuvenate clothing as well? Anyone know the finer points of the pit's mechanics? I'm glad about the costume change though. I hope it sticks around. I wasn't super keen on the previous pvc design with the half gloves and whatever you call that kind if top.

    The acetate cover does something interesting here, demonstrating Selina's duality which ties into the story itself.

    I'm not sure I understand what's going on with Lex and what the plan is. I'm not sure I care either but at least it creates an impression of gravitas. Frankly, the series needed a shot in the arm as it had been, as Selina admits: "an entertaining distraction" but it failed to produce a feeling that there were stakes. Enough that Cat sought out a meeting with Zatana. I'm still not sure if the Creel story line is meant to interweave with YOTV though. I hope so, I'm getting bored of Creel.

    Also, cute helmet.
    ________________________

    This comment has been screencapped and archived on my hard drive.

  8. #353
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    I was thinking about how they did it in that Injustice game. I don’t have the game so I had to search YouTube for this but she’d look more grounded in reality if she had this for her mask. It’s in the wrong color but it’s the best I could find from the videos I’ve searched, so bear with me:

    https://i.ibb.co/9qtD18s/2-D22434-C-...202-B8-ADB.jpg
    It's practical, but visually I just don't think it would work that well. Catwoman is too expressive for that kind of mask.

  9. #354
    Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I just read Catwoman #17. Always a treat when Jones pencils. I'm not up with this YOTV stuff but I was able to piece it together enough to enjoy the book. I like the meta part of the issue where the action fast forwards. The book really is a sort of forced story to play in to YOTV but Jones does a good job of transitioning from her own plot to this mandated one.

    I'm interested in the costume change that happened when Selina stepped out of the laz pit. Is that a thing the pit does? Rejuvenate clothing as well? Anyone know the finer points of the pit's mechanics? I'm glad about the costume change though. I hope it sticks around. I wasn't super keen on the previous pvc design with the half gloves and whatever you call that kind if top.

    The acetate cover does something interesting here, demonstrating Selina's duality which ties into the story itself.

    I'm not sure I understand what's going on with Lex and what the plan is. I'm not sure I care either but at least it creates an impression of gravitas. Frankly, the series needed a shot in the arm as it had been, as Selina admits: "an entertaining distraction" but it failed to produce a feeling that there were stakes. Enough that Cat sought out a meeting with Zatana. I'm still not sure if the Creel story line is meant to interweave with YOTV though. I hope so, I'm getting bored of Creel.

    Also, cute helmet.
    Same here. I really enjoyed this issue, especially the panels with Selina in her earlier costumes, but it’s time to move on from Raina Creel. Catwoman has fried much bigger fish than Creel. Creel is boring me and I can’t wait for this series to move onto bigger & better things.

  10. #355
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's practical, but visually I just don't think it would work that well. Catwoman is too expressive for that kind of mask.
    Expression is more than just using your face.

  11. #356
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Expression is more than just using your face.
    I mean, the mouth area doesn't seem like it moves that much...but I guess they could focus on Selina's eyes ?

    There's a reason Batman's face is exposed in his mask.

  12. #357
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    749

    Default

    If someone wants her face covered, they could just go The Batman route.


  13. #358
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,053

    Default

    Just watched the Black Widow trailer and wonder why WB isn't doing anything as exciting as BW with Seline. Bastards

  14. #359

    Default

    I'm sorry, but I prefer no one Catwoman movie rather than this:
    220px-Catwoman_poster.jpg

    Anyway if it is of any consolation, there is the Telltale's Catwoman.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCij6x19wHs

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPZt1lzNns&t=2s
    Last edited by Gotham citizen; 12-03-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    «Let me get this straight: you kink that your client, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands and your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck.»

    «Joker is a violent and inartistic movie, not like that masterpiece of A Clockwork Orange.» Yes, some critic of the AMPAS was able to say that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •