Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Magical side-effect of her dippining in a Lazarus pit after getting beaten to an inch of her life by Raina Creel's henchmen. The pit seemingly transformed her modern catsuit into her Silver-Age cat-gown.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    Forgive me if this is obvious or has been covered in a previous issue of the series ; why is Selina wearing her classic silver-age outfit in the current issue?
    I love that costume so I'm not complaining.

After Harleen, possibly Isley, and now there might be Selina?

Yeah, Stjepan Sejic is at doing concept fan-art again.

EMsI8HsXUAEylQ7.jpg

literally half asleep my first cup of coffee morning brainfarts

if i ever wrote catwoman i would so write her as an actual bdsm fetishist. gets distracted from her plans cause she sees a wicked pair of stiletto boots and on her way to a diamond store robs a shoe store.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    After Harleen, possibly Isley, and now there might be Selina?

Yeah, Stjepan Sejic is at doing concept fan-art again.

EMsI8HsXUAEylQ7.jpg
    I don't know about a BDSM fetishist (although the inspiration is there, feels like Sejic just scratching that Sunstone itch again), but I can totally buy Selina just stealing a pair of boots that happened to catch her eye .

Spectacular Member

i'm not scratching a sunstone itch. i have sunstone for that. when i consider ideas like these it comes from a way more character based direction.

see i'm a great fan of writing the character in a way that takes into consideration some very blatantly obvious elements about them. catwoman more so than any other character except maybe for white/black queen from marvel is coded as a bdsm fetishist. when i say i'd sue that as an element i don't mean in a sexual way as much as i mean having her have an actual interest/hobby beyond just stealing. an appreciation and acknowledgement of some obvious hinted elements of both her design and personality.

it's kinda like when people think i would do a great marston style wonder woman story because i made sunstone and meanwhile my idea of a wonder woman story is an epic saga in which she fights monsters.

writing one book doesn't mean you want your every other written project to be about that.

i will definitely sneak in a joke or two about it every now and then tho :P

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Speaking of SM when did Catwoman first got her whip? In the story preview in the golden and silver age I don't see her carrying one, until suddenly in she has one the 70s.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

It seems the whip became her inseparable and iconic tool since the mid forties (Catwoman costumes), when she became a more sensual and dynamic character: before she was almost a mob boss with a modus operandi more similar to the Penguin one.

P.S. My question is: how many bottles of vine did the artist drink, to think a green lizard like outfit was a good costume for a character called CATwoman?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Huh. I never thought it's supposed to be inspired by Julie Newmar's costume. I always thought it's inspired by the Silver Age Space Age and so she looks more like alien and that gold necklace are little planets