Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Catwoman in my opinion is just as integral to Batman's mythology as Robin is. I can't imagine any version of the mythos without her.
    Last edited by Spencermalley935; 02-02-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    Catwoman in my opinion is just aa integral to Batman's mythology as Robin is. I can't imagine any version of the mythos without her.
    Nor can I. Well said, friend.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I just wanted to say that I adore the title of this thread.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I just wanted to say that I adore the title of this thread.
    Thanks! (Though the forum forces me to purr some more…)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Screw King's choice these two belong together, and always have, BatCat forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Screw King's choice these two belong together, and always have, BatCat forever!!!
    Of course, starting your post as you did makes me automatically think of that . . . scene . . . for the end of Catwoman #1 back in the New52 . . . (Do I really need to post that image here?)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Of course, starting your post as you did makes me automatically think of that . . . scene . . . for the end of Catwoman #1 back in the New52 . . . (Do I really need to post that image here?)
    Pls don't.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

To be fair, he does agree with you on that

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    To be fair, he does agree with you on that
    Maybe, but I would have pulled the trigger on the wedding. Hell, you could always divorce them later if need be or have one of them "die" for a while. I have zero respect for people who don't take creative chances. If a character is seen playing with a gun all issue they better the hell at least try to shoot it before the story ends otherwise I call a cop-out.

Maybe, but I would have pulled the trigger on the wedding. Hell, you could always divorce them later if need be or have one of them "die" for a while. I have zero respect for people who don't take creative chances. If a character is seen playing with a gun all issue they better the hell at least try to shoot it before the story ends otherwise I call a cop-out.
    I get what he was going for, he wants to have Bruce be so close to happiness before having that yanked away, causing his downward spiral into madness, where he will eventually arise completely full again.

I did have a problem with the execution, as I think there should have been a bit more build up to a falling out and they shouldn't have marketed it as "actually happening" so excessive, but for a story decision, it makes sense for his narrative. You can clearly tell he loves them together, he's written many stories that prove that, its just the decision he thinks would work best for his story. I do agree I would've preferred if he went with it cause I would've loved seeing what could happen with them fully together, but I do recognize what the story he is trying to tell now is, and I'm willing to see what happens that will bring them back together.

...I do recognize what the story he is trying to tell now is, and I'm willing to see what happens that will bring them back together.
    Well, I'm not so to each their own. King lost me the minute he took the easy way out. I couldn't care less about big bad Bane who aside from the movie has always been nothing more than Batman's Doomsday: an "unbeatable" one-note bad guy who once he was defeated instantly lost most of his mystique (just like King lost my interest, thank goodness for Spencer's Spider-Man and recently Power Rangers Shattered Gride, great stuff). But I digress. I don't want to drag this thread down.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-02-2019 at 09:00 PM.

BANNED

I still think the 2017 Batman annual is the intended epilogue to his whole era.

Default Catwoman #10 lau variant

Stanley Lau nailing it again, his Catwoman variants have been breathtaking

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...0-lau-variant/

I have a question I've been curious about, did the New 52 series establish that Selina knew about Batman's identity right from the beginning, or is this something King came up with?

I have a question I've been curious about, did the New 52 series establish that Selina knew about Batman's identity right from the beginning, or is this something King came up with?
    As far as I can recall Catwoman did not know Batman's identity at all during the New 52, although I think it was an unused idea during Winnick's run that she would've realized it after kissing both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

She was inexplicably close to Bruce Wayne during the Valentine/Tieri runs, but they never really expanded on that.